Author Topic: NH DUMB BUNNY  (Read 1962 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: NH DUMB BUNNY
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
I can understand, people that are really hard up due to medical problems and under 55 bitching.  

I am talking about those with physical problems caused by accident or disease not self inflicted, there are people that have a drunk driver slam into them and have no insurance.   Not their fault but sometimes a 3 month jail stay for the driver cannot compensate the victim with a life long bad back or other conditions that arise from the accident a few years down the road.  

I myself had to work with just one hand when I broke my shoulder in 3 places.  Problem was as this was the fault of the company, they agreed to give me a job I could do with my left hand.   No problem but as I had to suite up, going to the bathroom and removing the suit and replacing it caused me to delay my recovery.    Then the fact the Dr's put me on pain pills, I was walking into walls and machinery for the first 2 weeks.        Had they just put me on short time disability and allowed me to stay home, I would have healed in perhaps 6 weeks.     As it was I after 3 months was found to have a permanent disability and a check arrived in the mail for compensation.    

I forced myself to continue to go to work each day, pain or no pain, work it as best I could.  After 5-6 years of this everything began to go down hill in my health due to what I was told was the accident.  

I had a few coworkers ask if I was going to sue the company, I was aghast why would I do that, I liked my job, liked the coworkers, my 22 years of service to them was more important to me then a few couple thousand I could get.  My JOB had become my identity who I was and my value to the community and my family.  

One of my supervisors was complaining bitterly about her job.     I told her that people that were in wheel chairs would give anything to get up and do the job even for a day or so.  She looked at me as if I was a talking frog.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 01:26:29 PM »
There's a huge difference.

Conservatives, because of the nature of their character, go on SSDI because they have to, feel bad about it, and look for ways to get off as soon as possible.

Liberals, because of the nature of their character, go on SSDI because they can, feel good about it, and look for ways to stay on as long as possible.

I agree! I have looked for someone to pay an old crip for sit down computer work or somethin'.

Goes against my grain to take money from others, even though I have paid into the system for 45 years. My problem seems to be the 60 mg of codeine I take daily seems to be a holding me back from gainful employment. You can thank all these dope smokin', pill poppin' libs for that.

The pain meds do nothin' more than take the sharp edge off my sciatic nerve, but try tellin' that to an employer who requires drug tests.

At 60 years old, takin pain meds, would you hire me? I wouldn't! That's the question I asked my Doc when he suggested I try and get rehabilitation education. For what, I asked? The cost of doing so, and the benefit, just don't make sense.

I'm only doin' what the "messiah" suggests, take a pill rather than "waste" money on more surgery. Besides, other than lettin' 'em put more screws in, it's nerve blocker shots to my spine. I'm kinda leanin' against that remedy!

I can understand, people that are really hard up due to medical problems and under 55 bitching. 

I am talking about those with physical problems caused by accident or disease not self inflicted, there are people that have a drunk driver slam into them and have no insurance.   Not their fault but sometimes a 3 month jail stay for the driver cannot compensate the victim with a life long bad back or other conditions that arise from the accident a few years down the road.   

I myself had to work with just one hand when I broke my shoulder in 3 places.  Problem was as this was the fault of the company, they agreed to give me a job I could do with my left hand.   No problem but as I had to suite up, going to the bathroom and removing the suit and replacing it caused me to delay my recovery.    Then the fact the Dr's put me on pain pills, I was walking into walls and machinery for the first 2 weeks.        Had they just put me on short time disability and allowed me to stay home, I would have healed in perhaps 6 weeks.     As it was I after 3 months was found to have a permanent disability and a check arrived in the mail for compensation.     

I forced myself to continue to go to work each day, pain or no pain, work it as best I could.  After 5-6 years of this everything began to go down hill in my health due to what I was told was the accident. 

I had a few coworkers ask if I was going to sue the company, I was aghast why would I do that, I liked my job, liked the coworkers, my 22 years of service to them was more important to me then a few couple thousand I could get.  My JOB had become my identity who I was and my value to the community and my family.   

One of my supervisors was complaining bitterly about her job.     I told her that people that were in wheel chairs would give anything to get up and do the job even for a day or so.  She looked at me as if I was a talking frog.

What about the sleaze balls that were driving drunk and caused their own "bad back" and perhaps the death of innocents, Vesta?

They oughta be sleepin' in whats left of the wreck they caused with no support from you and I, but that is not the case, is it?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:31:13 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Karin

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »
Speaking of ACA, I want you to see the comment someone just made to me on Politico:

bythebay >Karin_A
• 10 minutes ago• 0 △0 ▽− +
âš‘
As President Obama said, access to health care is ‘not some earned privilege — it is a right.'’

In other words, everyone is entitled to healthcare whether he can pay for it or not. This clearly is not a right in the sense of “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” — rights that every person can exercise without imposing on others. Instead, it is a government-granted privilege whereby some individuals are permitted to plunder others — and where the victims of this theft are penalized by the government for resisting.

:bird:  **** off, commie.  Die in a fire.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
Speaking of ACA, I want you to see the comment someone just made to me on Politico:

:bird:  **** off, commie.  Die in a fire.

I'd like to give him a "right"! Right in the ****in' mouth!

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »
The same OP is commenting in this thread where DUmmie "arley staircase" is gloating about getting an email:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023734716

bunnie is gunning for SSI (scam):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response to Cryptoad (Reply #18)

Thu Sep 26, 2013, 08:30 PM

bunnies (12,166 posts)

24. Im not over 65 and have no kids.

Last edited Thu Sep 26, 2013, 08:34 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Unless the state labels me "disabled" I get nothing. There is no safety net for poor adults who dont fall under one of those 3 categories.

See for yourself:
http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dfa/medical/index.htm

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »
The same OP is commenting in this thread where DUmmie "arley staircase" is gloating about getting an email:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023734716

bunnie is gunning for SSI (scam):

You have to go get evaluated NUmbNUtz. If the Doc says you're disabled 20%, get used to it! 20% doesn't get ya a free ride!

Even the Docs think I'm 60%, and SS still turned me down. I repeat!

Call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaabulance!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
You could quit whining for one thing.  And then use these people as your role models for what you SHOULD do instead of what you ARE doing.

Or this one: Amputee Competes For, Earns Expert Infantry Badge