Author Topic: bitter old Vermontese cali primitive somewhat grouchy today  (Read 725 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023357699

Oh my.

One wonders what bee got in her bonnet.

cali (84,176 posts)    Sun Jul 28, 2013, 05:31 AM

A Rant: The forced birthers make me blow a gasket nearly every flippin' day but what's driving me most nuts about their language these days is the lying for Christ crap. These insane ****wads are pushing the line that they're forcing through these awful laws for the "health of women". That's the chief lying for christ line parroted by forced birther group spokespeople (usually women) and forced birther legislators (usually men).

Just about every morning I check the news on abortion, trying to keep up with both new forced birth initiatives and the challenges to legislation already signed into law.

Here's a story out of Kansas that is the proximate cause of my ire:

Judge puts parts of new Kansas abortion law on hold

A Kansas judge on Friday temporarily blocked a new abortion restriction that providers said would make it nearly impossible for a woman to obtain the procedure in an emergency and another requiring them to tell women that disputed assertions about fetal development and abortions are accurate and objective.

Shawnee County District Judge Rebecca Crotty refused to block other portions of the law that ban sex-selection abortions, block tax breaks for abortion providers and prohibits them from furnishing materials or instructors for public schools' sexuality courses. There is also a requirement for doctors to provide information to patients that includes a statement that abortion ends the life of "whole, separate, unique, living human being."

<snip>

One blocked provision requires providers to declare on their websites that the state health department's information on abortions and fetal development is accurate and objective. Among other things, that information asserts that a fetus can feel pain after 20 weeks, although the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has said it knows of no legitimate evidence showing that's accurate.

<snip>

So the blocked provision required docs to LIE. ****ers.

"I'm glad to hear that the rest of it was upheld," said Mary Kay Culp, executive director of Kansans for Life, the most influential anti-abortion group at the Statehouse. "It is very much a law that's pro-women being able to make more of a real choice."

<snip>

And there it is: Pro-woman, my ass, Mary Kay, you lying piece of shit. Please go **** yourself with the nearest farm implement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/28/abortion-law-kansas-brownback/2474507/

THEY LIE

cali (84,176 posts)    Sun Jul 28, 2013, 05:52 AM

2. Actually, it means we have to rely on the federal bench when it comes to reproductive rights, that's our best hope. And essentially, as I've been saying for the past 5 years, we've already lost.

<<<suggests cali needs a tablespoon of Lydia Pinkham's Special Vegetable Compound for Female Complaints, the pre-FDA ingredients.  It wouldn't hurt, and might help.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Aristotelian

Re: bitter old Vermontese cali primitive somewhat grouchy today
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »
Somehow I don't see DUmmy cali being in any danger of needing to procure an abortion...

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »
THEY LIE

That's quite the refutation.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »

Oh my.

One wonders what bee earwig got in her bonnet.

<<<suggests cali needs a tablespoon of Lydia Pinkham's Special Vegetable Compound for Female Complaints, the pre-FDA ingredients.  It wouldn't hurt, and might help.
Small, but, important fixaroo.  :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
Should reproductive rights ever lead to actual reproduction ? Ministry of truth.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »

Oh my.

One wonders what bee got in her bonnet.

You know when one gets a pain from falling down ex rays are taken and shown to the patient.

All kinds of film for pain in kidney, gallbladder, liver, stomach, even the dentist does ex rays as does the chiropractor and show to the patient.  Doctors will explain the problem, point it out to the patient  and let them see why medical care is/or not needed.

Why are the pro abortionists so upset when a woman has to see what is going on in her body ?

Pregnancy is a life changing event same as a tumor on an ovary or the removal of a kidney.     I think Cali is upset that states are beginning to demand sonograms from woman wanting to abort to show them what is going on in their body's.  

Strange some woman demand they be in charge of their body's for everything else except object to other woman having the same rights to know what is going on in THEIR body.    

These pro abortionists are demanding pregnant woman have no right to see question or take a doctors advice on what is happening to them.

Sort of like going to a doctor and telling them you have a pain in your side and he with no tests tells you to come back next Tuesday and he will remove that kidney.

Nuts, if a woman is prevented from seeing a sonogram in a pregnancy, then Cali if she breaks her arm has no right to see her ex ray herself.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 04:06:07 PM »
She's always seemed bitter and angry all the time to me, but I never knew she was an open proponent of eugenics:

Response to livingwagenow (Reply #4)

Sun Jul 28, 2013, 07:52 AM

cali (84,188 posts)

5. thanks for weighing in with that exceptional perspective, lwn

Not one, I've ever really though about, I admit. I think you bring up some very good points, but don't these folks you're referencing realize that without abortion the minority birth rate grows too?

Thanks for posting in this thread and welcome to DU!

but I guess it follows.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
She's always seemed bitter and angry all the time to me, but I never knew she was an open proponent of eugenics:

but I guess it follows.

Wow.

Talk about what's really bothering the abortion enthusiasts on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
I cannot imagine a DUmmy that is grouchy. DUmmies are always angry people.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du