Author Topic: DUmp discusses Chicago murder epidemic  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Karin

DUmp discusses Chicago murder epidemic
« on: July 16, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
DUmp Link

Mon Jul 15, 2013, 10:31 PM
 rainy (4,406 posts)

My cousin wrote this on my fb page about my post on Trayvon

"I am sorry, what did you say the names were of the 73 young black men who were killed by other black men in Chicago week end before last?"
I'm working on a thoughtful response. Can I get some DU help?

OK.  Lots of people are starting to talk about the horrific black-on-black murder rate in Chicago.  How does the DUmp respond?

PhDD:

Response to ZombieHorde (Reply #1)
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 01:59 AM
 BainsBane (12,976 posts)
47. That's the standard right wing line

The message: Don't pay attention to the Martin case or racism. The real danger in society is black men. The weirdest thing was that I saw an African American woman make all of those racist, right wing arguments on the PBS Newshour tonight. I sat their stunned during the broadcast.

Response to ZombieHorde (Reply #1)
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 05:10 AM
 yurbud (31,606 posts)
58. "If black people are killing each other, why can't we kill them too?"
::)

Bjorn Against (8,452 posts)
2. The most thoughtful response is to immediately defriend them

They are clearly racist and all you are going to get if you try to debate them is more hate.

Response to rainy (Original post)
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 10:37 PM
 last1standing (9,012 posts)
4. "Sorry, I didn't know you were a racist." comes to mind.

RainDog (24,837 posts)
10. Since I don't listen to their sources

I don't know where it's coming from - but this is a racist talking point that's going around.

They are using this statement to smear black politicians, too.

killbotfactory (12,538 posts)
12. "I didn't catch their names because I missed the last Klan meeting" nt

What?  Are you calling your fellow DUmmie a klansman?

Hoyt (12,884 posts)
13. "Go stoke your gun, bigot. Don't pretend you care."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 11:33 PM
 Old and In the Way (36,279 posts)
22.  I'd respond "you're a ****ing moron who is directed by evil people to vote against your best interests. If your cousin wants to get educated, offer to tutor him, for a price. It's the free market, baby and intelligence is worth paying for...

:lmao:  Paying for Dump wisdom.  I had to edit half of Old's post, as it was 50% gibberish.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 12:37 AM
miked62916 (43 posts)
36. Tell him he's a racist bigot

Who is late for his Klan meeting.

Stolen from the previous DUmmie who f'd it up.

Tue Jul 16, 2013, 10:03 AM
 tavernier (746 posts)
65. Ted Bundy killed twice that many

all by himself. Murderers come in assorted colors
!!

So, you can't even discuss what's going on in Chicago without being called a racist and a bigot, and unfriended by your family members.  Insane.  

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DUmp discusses Chicago murder epidemic
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
Tue Jul 16, 2013, 01:59 AM
 BainsBane (12,976 posts)

The message: Don't pay attention to the Martin case or racism. The real danger in society is black men.
You are a truly stupid person.  But we knew that already.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »
RainDog (24,837 posts)

I don't know where it's coming from - but this is a racist talking point that's going around.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/

*ahem*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
rainy (4,406 posts)

"I am sorry, what did you say the names were of the 73 young black men who were killed by other black men in Chicago week end before last?"

Fellow Conservatives IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up on social media, enough of this already, every chance you get mention Chicago, Detroit etc.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
The rainy primitive should be honest (fat chance of that happening) and say "I don't know the names of the 73 black men who were killed recently because they weren't white on black crimes so it doesn't fit my political agenda."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
RainDog (24,837 posts)

They are using this statement to smear black politicians, too.

It's a racist talking point? it's a fact you fool!

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

20 homicides in first week of July
By Tracy Swartz posted July 10, 2013 at 12:00 a.m.

Auburn Gresham, Austin, East Garfield Park and Roseland have each recorded two homicides this month, a RedEye analysis of preliminary police data found.

In Auburn Gresham, a 39-year-old man was shot to death Wednesday in the 8700 block of South Throop Street, police said. Seven days earlier, a 26-year-old man was fatally shot in the 8700 block of South Loomis Street, according to officials.

In Roseland, a 40-year-old woman was beaten to death Saturday in the 10000 block of South Princeton Avenue, police said. One day earlier, a 64-year-old woman was stabbed to death in the 10800 block of South Calumet Avenue, according to officials.

In East Garfield Park, a 48-year-old man was shot to death Saturday in the 2800 block of West Flournoy Street, police said. Two days earlier, a 21-year-old man was fatally shot in the 600 block of South Francisco Avenue, according to officials.

In Austin, a 14-year-old boy was shot to death July 2 in the 5000 block of West North Avenue, police said. That same day, a 19-year-old man was fatally shot in the 4800 block of West Potomac Avenue, according to officials.

Citywide, gunshot homicides have been recorded in the last week in Gage Park, Greater Grand Crossing, Humboldt Park, the Near West Side, New City, North Lawndale, Rogers Park, South Shore, West Englewood, West Garfield Park and Woodlawn, RedEye determined.

Twenty-one homicides have been logged so far this month. Forty-nine homicides were recorded in July 2012, according to RedEye data.

Victims

July 10
Marlon Young, a 39 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.

July 8
Marquise Chandler, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Garfield Park.

July 8
Georgina Randell, a 30 year old black female, caused by a gunshot in North Lawndale.

July 8
Ed Cooper, a 15 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Humboldt Park.

July 7
Ramone Godfrey, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in New City.

July 7
Patricia Martin, a 40 year old black female, caused by a assault in Roseland.

July 6
Terry Patterson, a 48 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.

July 6
Jerimiah Milsap, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Near West Side.

July 5
Shavonte Howard, a 20 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Gage Park.

July 5
Aurelia Wilborn, a 64 year old unknown female, caused by a stabbing in Roseland.

July 5
Elliott Frazier, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Rogers Park.

July 4
Marlon Obanner, a 31 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in West Englewood.

July 4
Steve Mabins, a 21 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in East Garfield Park.

July 4
Theodis Young, a 36 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Greater Grand Crossing.

July 3
Ernest McMullen, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Woodlawn.

July 3
Rayford Brown, a 24 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in South Shore.

July 3
William Jones, a 26 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Auburn Gresham.

July 3
Damani Henard, a 14 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.

July 2
Ashley Hardmon, a 19 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Austin.

July 2
Terrence Graves, a 23 year old black male, caused by a gunshot in Washington Heights.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
BainsBane (12,976 posts)

The message: Don't pay attention to the Martin case or racism. The real danger in society is black men. The weirdest thing was that I saw an African American woman make all of those racist, right wing arguments on the PBS Newshour tonight. I sat their stunned during the broadcast.

No you stupid bitch, the message is the black community is in major trouble. The so called leaders of the black community never want to discuss the problems with what is going on in their own communities. They are too busy shaking down whitey for more money. If they really gave a damn about their people they would be in the communities trying to stop this nonsense, not running around harassing white hispanics who shot in self defense. When is the last time Sharpton Jackson and the rest of those clowns told the young black men that they don't have to live like this and can go out and make something of themselves instead of trying to live out a rap song?

Those who do speak up are branded as racists, if they have the wrong skin color, those with the correct skin color who do speak up get shouted down as being Uncle Toms, House N words, and race traitors. The black community has been let down by their so called civil rights leaders, and it is a shame. I imagine MLK is rolling over in his grave seeing that his dream turned into a nightmare.

You DUmmies need to get your heads out of your asses and stop with all this race baiting bullshit, you claim to care yet you do nothing to prove that you do care, you do nothing to help these people out of poverty, you do nothing to try to help bringing the races together instead you go around fanning the flames and making things worse.

Maybe if someone had encouraged little Trayvon to do his school work and get an education so he could make something of himself, none of us would even know who he is nor would we know Zimmerman. Instead he fell into the violent thug culture and thought he was a gangsta, and ended up messing with the wrong person, and he died because of that. If anyone has Trayvon's blood on their hands it is the left who goes around telling Trayvon and all young black men that they can't make it in this mean world, and if they resort to crime that it is justified because their ancestors were oppressed, and every white person hates them.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
Oh ffs. It has not a thing to do with not caring; it's more an indictment of your own hypocrisy liberal fools. Let me ask you all something: why is Martin any more important because he was killed by a Hispanic man(defending himself ftr but I digress) then the hundreds of black young men killed every year by other blacks. You are the ones making those men less important not the ones who attempt to point out all those unspoken for in your fake cries...why liberals are the men in Chicago less important then ONE man in Florida?? That's all that Facebook friend is asking but you know he's right  and that's why you ran back to your buddies for help. And the answer you get? Whoa. The usual stupid racist horseshit those morons always try to use to shut down an intelligent conversation. I'd say your friend won that argument considering...

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »
Oh ffs. It has not a thing to do with not caring; it's more an indictment of your own hypocrisy liberal fools. Let me ask you all something: why is Martin any more important because he was killed by a Hispanic man(defending himself ftr but I digress) then the hundreds of black young men killed every year by other blacks. You are the ones making those men less important not the ones who attempt to point out all those unspoken for in your fake cries...why liberals are the men in Chicago less important then ONE man in Florida?? That's all that Facebook friend is asking but you know he's right  and that's why you ran back to your buddies for help. And the answer you get? Whoa. The usual stupid racist horseshit those morons always try to use to shut down an intelligent conversation. I'd say your friend won that argument considering...

Aren't most of these Chicago murders drive bys?  They don't even give their victims a fighting chance. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »
So not a single one of them is able to address the easily confirmed fact, their recommendation is to call him a name and move on. Saul Alinsky would be proud.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 02:13:53 PM »
Using those FBI stats on homicide so thoughtfully provided here and the 2010 census data some interesting points come up.

Blacks are 13% of the USA population and whites are 72%. To normalize (make an equal population ratio)f or data for blacks to whites we divide .72 by .13 and come up with 5.5 normalization factor.

Given that total black on black murders would be 13,553. Also the likelihood of black on white murder would be 11 times more than white on black murder. I would say that is an epidemic in both areas. Ignoring the problem or blaming whitey will only make things worse just like the leftist solutions of the last fifty years has proven.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:26:24 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »
No you stupid bitch, the message is the black community is in major trouble. The so called leaders of the black community never want to discuss the problems with what is going on in their own communities. They are too busy shaking down whitey for more money. If they really gave a damn about their people they would be in the communities trying to stop this nonsense, not running around harassing white hispanics who shot in self defense. When is the last time Sharpton Jackson and the rest of those clowns told the young black men that they don't have to live like this and can go out and make something of themselves instead of trying to live out a rap song?

Those who do speak up are branded as racists, if they have the wrong skin color, those with the correct skin color who do speak up get shouted down as being Uncle Toms, House N words, and race traitors. The black community has been let down by their so called civil rights leaders, and it is a shame. I imagine MLK is rolling over in his grave seeing that his dream turned into a nightmare.

You DUmmies need to get your heads out of your asses and stop with all this race baiting bullshit, you claim to care yet you do nothing to prove that you do care, you do nothing to help these people out of poverty, you do nothing to try to help bringing the races together instead you go around fanning the flames and making things worse.

Maybe if someone had encouraged little Trayvon to do his school work and get an education so he could make something of himself, none of us would even know who he is nor would we know Zimmerman. Instead he fell into the violent thug culture and thought he was a gangsta, and ended up messing with the wrong person, and he died because of that. If anyone has Trayvon's blood on their hands it is the left who goes around telling Trayvon and all young black men that they can't make it in this mean world, and if they resort to crime that it is justified because their ancestors were oppressed, and every white person hates them.

:clap:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »
From 1 of your own:

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” Jesse Jackson

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
So- Quoting genuine news of killings of black youth is racist, unless the killer isn't black. If the killer isn't black, then the killer is the racist and we are justified in discussing it, right ?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »
So- Quoting genuine news of killings of black youth is racist, unless the killer isn't black. If the killer isn't black, then the killer is the racist and we are justified in discussing it, right ?

To save you time and confusion I shall explain it this way, anything any of us creepy ass crackers say or do is automatically racist.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
 rainy (4,406 posts)

By all means, check with the hive instead of thinking for yourself, drone.

BainsBane (12,976 posts)

The message: Don't pay attention to the Martin case or racism. The real danger in society is black men.

Yes, the head boob starts off the kamikaze dive into the default talking points of stupidity.  ...and the FB response is wrong, how?  Refute the facts, Ms. USPSPhD.

The weirdest thing was that I saw an African American woman make all of those racist, right wing arguments on the PBS Newshour tonight. I sat their stunned during the broadcast.

:o  Oh noes!!!!!  She's racist!!!1111!!!1eLeVenTy!!!11!   wait, ummmm......

wait......

RainDog (24,837 posts)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/

*ahem*

:rotf:  A bastion of right-wing talking points the Chit trib.

:hi5:

Fellow Conservatives IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up on social media, enough of this already, every chance you get mention Chicago, Detroit etc.

At least once a day,..... if I am not remodeling.  :wink:  It is working.  I hope we are doing it fast enough.  I don't know....
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:14:51 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »
DUmpmonkey's cousin points out the hypocracy, and that just won't do at the DUmp.  :banghead:
Crap like that just PO's me. Stupid primitives.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
They should note that ANY crimes that don't fit the narrative of the Evil White Racist Gunowner Rethug is NOT subject to debate in DU without getting a warning message sent to the Troll Patrol.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »
They should note that ANY crimes that don't fit the narrative of the Evil White Racist Gunowner Rethug is NOT subject to debate in DU without getting a warning message sent to the Troll Patrol.

Black murders committed above the Mason-Dixon line don't count.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
You are a truly stupid person.  But we knew that already.

Yeah.

At the moment, I'll bet :jugs:  :yahoo: is the front-runner for Top DUmmie of 2013.

And she has only herself to blame.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
Yeah.

At the moment, I'll bet :jugs:  :yahoo: is the front-runner for Top DUmmie of 2013.

And she has only herself to blame.
Ignorance is bliss.
Willful ignorance is stupid.
Do we have to vote for her twice, for it to count?  :???:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Delmar

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
Response to rainy (Original post)Tue Jul 16, 2013, 05:07 AM
 Democracyinkind (2,812 posts)
57. Ask him where he got the numbers from. Since they aren't correct...

Because Chicago is such a safe, peaceful place, free of murder because it has strict effective gun control.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »
Response to rainy (Original post)Tue Jul 16, 2013, 05:07 AM
 Democracyinkind (2,812 posts)
57. Ask him where he got the numbers from. Since they aren't correct... Link please.

Because Chicago is such a safe, peaceful place, free of murder because it has strict effective gun control.
The primitive didn't give a link to the "numbers" he thinks are wrong.
I sometimes can not fathom their stupidity.

Offline GCBill

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
MrSlayer (21,896 posts)
28. Are they being allowed to get away with it?

Is no one looking to arrest them?

A lot of people I know keep saying similar things or decrying the fact that black on white crimes are not protested or given media attention. In every case the perps were arrested and will be convicted.

They miss the point entirely.

In Detroit, nearly 4 out of 5 murders go unpunished.

Some are stone cold whodunits. No evidence can be found.

But in MANY others, the perp could be convicted if witnesses would cooperate. But whether through fear and intimidation ("snitches get stitches!"), or just a pure hatred of civilization and the rule of law, the murderer continues to walk the streets.
Capitalism is based on self-interest and self-esteem; it holds integrity and trustworthiness as cardinal virtues and makes them pay off in the marketplace, thus demanding that men survive by means of virtue, not vices. It is this superlatively moral system that the welfare statists propose to improve upon by means of preventative law, snooping bureaucrats, and the chronic goad of fear.
 - Alan Greenspan, The Assault on Integrity (1963)

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »
In Detroit, nearly 4 out of 5 murders go unpunished.

Some are stone cold whodunits. No evidence can be found.

But in MANY others, the perp could be convicted if witnesses would cooperate. But whether through fear and intimidation ("snitches get stitches!"), or just a pure hatred of civilization and the rule of law, the murderer continues to walk the streets.
The greatest majority of the black community observes and honors the laws restricting their right to defend themselves.
If they were allowed to do so, under the Second Amendment, that issue would be reduced.
They are suppressed and victimized by the so-called liberal/regressives in office.