Author Topic: Report: Explosion at fertilizer plant north of Waco, Texas  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Report: Explosion at fertilizer plant north of Waco, Texas
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »
Wonder if anyone has ever escaped their clutches. Such incestuous relationships there, though I'd guess they'd have to recruit a few people along the way. Maybe they troll Stormfront or Infowars. Indoctrination starts so early, I'd think it would be hard to think for oneself.

Cindie

Yes, people have left by choice or casted away for good. In fact many have left. Some left because of abuse, like Mark, Nate, Dorothea, and Catherine Phelps. Some left by choice like Joshua Phelps-Roper or Sara Phelps. Some were casted away like Chris Davis and Karl Hockenbarger. The reason ranges from being too lazy or fat to talking to someone outside the cult.

It is made up of the Phelpses, Hockenbargers, and Drains. It is one large extended family. Abuse ofball forms have occurred. There is also fornificationband children out of wedlock. Shirley Phelps-Roper has a son out of wedlock named Samuel Phelps-Roper.

Addicted To Hate
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/scotts/bulgarians/phelps-article.txt

Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church
http://www.amazon.com/Banished-Surviving-Westboro-Baptist-ebook/dp/B008TU2LS2
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline longview

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:35 PM »
I can't be the only one who questions the intelligence of the father who took his kid to go get a closer look at the fire at the plant.  (first video on first page) 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
I can't be the only one who questions the intelligence of the father who took his kid to go get a closer look at the fire at the plant.  (first video on first page) 

You aren't. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
All I have heard is that there was a fire.  The fire dept came to put it out, and the fire caused the explosion.

The fire caused the anhydrous ammonia to explode. On top of the property damage, loss of life and injuries, it can cause respiratory problems or death for those that inhale the fumes.

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 12:48:28 AM »
Yes, people have left by choice or casted away for good. In fact many have left. Some left because of abuse, like Mark, Nate, Dorothea, and Catherine Phelps. Some left by choice like Joshua Phelps-Roper or Sara Phelps. Some were casted away like Chris Davis and Karl Hockenbarger. The reason ranges from being too lazy or fat to talking to someone outside the cult.

It is made up of the Phelpses, Hockenbargers, and Drains. It is one large extended family. Abuse ofball forms have occurred. There is also fornificationband children out of wedlock. Shirley Phelps-Roper has a son out of wedlock named Samuel Phelps-Roper.

Addicted To Hate
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/scotts/bulgarians/phelps-article.txt

Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church
http://www.amazon.com/Banished-Surviving-Westboro-Baptist-ebook/dp/B008TU2LS2

Sounds like the average daytime soap!

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:56 AM »
The fire caused the anhydrous ammonia to explode. On top of the property damage, loss of life and injuries, it can cause respiratory problems or death for those that inhale the fumes.

Since they said "fertilizer plant" I was thinking the chemical produced there was ammonium nitrate, which is a chemical I deal with at work all the time. AN is an oxydizer, meaning real problems if it gets heated or is infused with carbon-containing substances (like diesel fuel).
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 10:02:55 AM »
Since they said "fertilizer plant" I was thinking the chemical produced there was ammonium nitrate, which is a chemical I deal with at work all the time. AN is an oxydizer, meaning real problems if it gets heated or is infused with carbon-containing substances (like diesel fuel).

I thought that was as well.  AN, that is.   I probably heard ammonium and assumed.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »

Very low cost and important for farmers but very dangerous like you mention!

In the Midwest I know they had problems with people stealing ammonium nitrate from the portable tanks in the fields and AG COOPs to make meth. They added some type of dye tp help stop it.