Author Topic: New W-2 reporting requirement  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Dori

Re: New W-2 reporting requirement
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
They wouldn't be putting it on your W-2 if they weren't planning on it.

I'm expecting an "announcement" in 2018 unless this disaster gets repealed before then.

I found this;

A separate provision of the health reform law creates a new tax on so-called "Cadillac" insurance plans provided by employers. Beginning in 2018, plans valued at $10,200 for individual coverage or $27,500 for family policies will be subject to an excise tax of 40% on the value of the plan that exceeds these thresholds. The tax will be levied on insurers and self-insured employers, not directly on employees.

http://healthreform.kff.org/en/faq/will-employees-be-taxed-for-the-portion-of-the-health-insurance-premium-that-is-paid-by-the-employer.aspx
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »
I found this;

A separate provision of the health reform law creates a new tax on so-called "Cadillac" insurance plans provided by employers. Beginning in 2018, plans valued at $10,200 for individual coverage or $27,500 for family policies will be subject to an excise tax of 40% on the value of the plan that exceeds these thresholds. The tax will be levied on insurers and self-insured employers, not directly on employees.

http://healthreform.kff.org/en/faq/will-employees-be-taxed-for-the-portion-of-the-health-insurance-premium-that-is-paid-by-the-employer.aspx

Yeah, that was mentioned in the article I posted.

It's only a matter of time until they're taxing every one of them.   If you have a job and health insurance benefits in Obama's economy, you are "kulak" and must be punished for your greed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
I found this;
 The tax will be levied on insurers and self-insured employers, not directly on employees.

So they want employers to provide insurance, but they don't want them to provide coverage that is too good.   IIRC, they also set minimum standards for employer provided insurance.  It sure seems like Uncle Bama is trying to make everyone equally miserable.