Author Topic: South Dakota, Montana primaries today  (Read 12841 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: South Dakota, Montana primaries today
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »

yep.  he just did it.  he claims the nomination.

He has the delegates.  He is the nominee, no matter how hard Hillary wishes that wasn't true.

Why, is that a whiff of -- dare I say it? -- Eau de Independent in the air??
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2008, 09:19:18 PM »

Yeah, and now she wants to be his running mate, and that will probably happen, and I'll be drinking Vodka straight up for at least the next four years.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2008, 09:19:37 PM »

He has the delegates.  He is the nominee, no matter how hard Hillary wishes that wasn't true.

Why, is that a whiff of -- dare I say it? -- Eau de Independent in the air??

I don't think she'd go down that road.  She's having a hard enough time raising money with her big D backers, as an Independent it would get harder.  Plus, I doubt that Bill wants her spending all their savings on a failed run for the presidency.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 09:20:53 PM »

I guess he does.  no one has ever won with superdelegates before, so there really isn't a precedent.  I certainly would have, if it was me, just to shut her the hell up. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »

the difference between this speech and mccain's speech is the difference between "lightning" and "lightning bug". :thatsright:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »

I guess he does.  no one has ever won with superdelegates before, so there really isn't a precedent.  I certainly would have, if it was me, just to shut her the hell up. :-)

He gives a dig at her by stating that he is the nominee, then he compliments her.  LOL  Excellent work Obama. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

Yeah, and now she wants to be his running mate, and that will probably happen, and I'll be drinking Vodka straight up for at least the next four years.

I will lay serious odds that won't happen.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »

more mccain = bush III again. :whatever:

I love it when he says that he salutes john mccain's service, because that is the bash mccain tsunami alarm.  thank God this guy is weak on his knowledge of the issues, and can't debate.  mccain ought to start demanding one debate a week starting tomorrow.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »

I love it when he says that he salutes john mccain's service, because that is the bash mccain tsunami alarm.  thank God this guy is weak on his knowledge of the issues, and can't debate.  mccain ought to start demanding one debate a week starting tomorrow.

I think I read the other day there will be 3 debates, but I could be imaging that. 
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »

I will lay serious odds that won't happen.

general elections are much more scripted than primaries.  you exercise total control to access to the candidate;  he could literally get all the way to november giving 10,000 speakubus speeches, and maybe one or two debates.  if he does that, I really think we could be finished.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

I think I read the other day there will be 3 debates, but I could be imaging that. 

how?  we didn't officially have nominees until 10 minutes ago. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »

the economy is growing, baroque. :whatever:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »

how?  we didn't officially have nominees until 10 minutes ago. :-)

I said I could have been mistaken.   :tongue:

I don't expect more than 3 debates though.  I think that idea of Obama & McCain doing town halls together would be neat.
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

he gave rock star like rallies in states that hillary kicked his ass in during the primaries, so maybe we (I :-)) shouldn't put too much stock in the rapture that is occurring in MN right now.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »

this is the most divisive speech I have ever seen delivered by a unifier, uniter, and healer. :whatever:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

he gave rock star like rallies in states that hillary kicked his ass in during the primaries, so maybe we (I :-)) shouldn't put too much stock in the rapture that is occurring in MN right now.

The rally I went to was pretty damn impressive.  So is this one on the teevee. 

BTW, the rumor is that Hillary is speaking Friday at the TX Dem Convention.  I think this weekend is gonna be fun.   :-)
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »

California, Texas, Florida, heck, the entire southwest.  And maybe New York.  hussein is going to win without those states?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »

California, Texas, Florida, heck, the entire southwest.  And maybe New York.  hussein is going to win without those states?

new york?  are you feeling okay, FD?

by the way, your H5/BS meter is out of balance.  fix it. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

California?  New York?  He'll definitely win those.  Florida, I think McCain will win it, esp if he put Crist as his VP. 

Texas is more purple with Obama running right now.  He won't win it, but Texas is turning blue.
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

California?  New York?  He'll definitely win those.  Florida, I think McCain will win it, esp if he put Crist as his VP. 

Texas is more purple with Obama running right now.  He won't win it, but Texas is turning blue.

texas is NOT turning blue. :whatever:  florida is all but out of BHO's reach.  someone convinced me today that CA competitive. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »

this guy needs a new speech.  I have heard most of this one about 100 times.  but was he actually fixing the ocean in this speech?   but he could read out of a coloring book and sound better than mccain.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:09 PM »

texas is NOT turning blue. :whatever:  florida is all but out of BHO's reach.  someone convinced me today that CA competitive. 

It is WE.  Not this time around, but I wouldn't be surprised if in 4 years it went blue.  The urban areas are outweighing the rural voters.
Stink Eye

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2008, 09:50:14 PM »

It is WE.  Not this time around, but I wouldn't be surprised if in 4 years it went blue.  The urban areas are outweighing the rural voters.

The Texas power brokers are the suburbs of DFW and Houston.  They are dark red and won't be changing anytime soon.  The actual big cities are chump change.   

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
Bush garnered nearly 1,700,000 more votes than Kerry in the 2004 election out of around 7 million total cast. He beat him by an approximate ratio of 5:3. The state is solidly red despite the Mexican border counties and Travis.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »

posh.  bob dole even beat bill clinton in 96.  bush polled 60% in 2000 and 2004 . . . hell, a dem hasn't won TX since 1976;  carter beat ford with 51% of the vote.