Author Topic: Forget raising taxes on the rich, do this instead...  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Forget raising taxes on the rich, do this instead...
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 07:30:16 AM »
Another ingenious DUmmie idea:

Response to Takket (Original post)
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
lefthandedlefty (277 posts)
14. Why not the whole world just go bankrupt

1/1/13 all debt erased on the whole planet no one no country owes any one anything.Then start over with a clean slate.

Last post.  They just love these circle jerks where they sit around and grab everyone's money. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »
You shouldn't be allowed to vote in any jurisdiction unless you first pay taxes there.

County property tax?

You can vote in the county.

State sales tax?

OK.

Welfare recipient?

No federal elections for you.

And there are people who wonder why the Founding Fathers originally restricted voting to landowners.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Undies

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:49 AM »
Response to Takket (Original post)
Sun Nov 25, 2012, 09:03 AM
lefthandedlefty (277 posts)
14. Why not the whole world just go bankrupt

1/1/13 all debt erased on the whole planet no one no country owes any one anything.Then start over with a clean slate.

We'll call it the Mulligan Solution.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Another ingenious DUmmie idea:

Last post.  They just love these circle jerks where they sit around and grab everyone's money junk. 

FIFY
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »
DUmmies, here is some truth to DUmbshites:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNF8HYh59Rs[/youtube]

Uncle Rainbow has spent us into poverty.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jukin

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
I really do like how simple their minds work in a complex area of economics. The DUmbasses really do think that the rich are like Scrooge McDuck and have a basement full of gold coins. I'll attempt to teach; ASSETS ARE NOT ALWAYS CASH. So a land rich person gets 1/3 of their property tak...er STOLEN from them. How does that equal cash to pay down the debt? Some other rich person (most likely a bundler for 0bama) has fiat money and buys it. However there is only so much LIQUID assets available and there sure is not $17 trillion.

Second, there is still that pesky, new norm under our smartest economic genius in the universe, 0bama, spending $1.5 trillion more than the government takes in EVERY YEAR. Which means we are back to the place we are now in ten years.

The truly disconcerting thing is that people like the DUches with their complete lack of understanding of anything economic are now voting in ignorant people with a complete lack of understanding of anything economic. Stick a fork in the country, we are done.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Dori

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
The truly disconcerting thing is that people like the DUches with their complete lack of understanding of anything economic are now voting in ignorant people with a complete lack of understanding of anything economic. Stick a fork in the country, we are done.

It's becoming clearer by the day that our kids need to be taught basic economics from an early age.  Some smart entrepreneur should make a fun kid oriented computer game out of it.   :)

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline jukin

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
It's becoming clearer by the day that our kids need to be taught basic economics from an early age.  Some smart entrepreneur should make a fun kid oriented computer game out of it.   :)

Accounting should be a mandatory class in high school.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

Why wait that long?  Once a week my whole family - including the (8-year old) runt - sit down over a weekly/monthly planner.  We talk about the paycheck we expect to see on Thursday, and then we budget out what needs to be done with it.  ALL of us have input, including the runt.  And you know what?  After that, we live according to the budget we've set.

By the time my kid gets to high school, he's gonna have such a firm grasp of economics, everybody else's lunch money will be his for the taking.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Dori

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

I took accounting in college and it didn't really click in for me until I could apply it on the job. 

But learning how to operate a simple household budget and going through the steps of setting up a small business and operating it would be a great start. Those are things kids could start learning in grade school, and would probably be a lot more interesting than working out of a brain numbing math text. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline jukin

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »
I took accounting in college and it didn't really click in for me until I could apply it on the job. 

But learning how to operate a simple household budget and going through the steps of setting up a small business and operating it would be a great start. Those are things kids could start learning in grade school, and would probably be a lot more interesting than working out of a brain numbing math text. 

Well done, that will make your children go far unless the communists get complete control. Then it is a ll fairy tale econ and common sense will mean little.

I had never had accounting until three years after graduating college. I was on the verge of starting a company and thought it would be a good idea to at least talk the same language as the bean counters. It was a very difficult concept and way of thinking to get that Owners Equity= Assets - Liabilities. That cash was an asset like land, machinery, buildings,... was ingrained at an early age and made sense. the basic accounting equation was foreign.  Sadly, leftists will never learn that there are liquid and not so liquid assets and that what an illiquid asset is worth on paper (or worse in your mind) is not what it is worth in liquid assets. That has brought 90% of all business to bankruptcy.