Author Topic: San Diego County Workers may be excused from performing same-sex weddings  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
^yes. There is an ESOL teacher who sits in the classroom all day. It's her job to stand over the ESOL kids and translate the main teacher's lesson plan. It's annoying as heck. Can you imagine 21 fidgety fourth graders having to pause for the ESOL teacher to explain to her little students? No wonder the teacher only makes them do all of the odd numbered questions instead of every single one. She's too tired/busy to grade things! I swear, I'm going to go private next year if I can!

I seem to remember doing odd numbered problems.  as I recall, that was because the answers to the even numbered ones were in the back of the book. :-)

Offline jukin

Wanting to have you kids educated is racist.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Wanting to have you kids educated is racist.

your AV is hilarious. :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
^LOL jukin! I love your AV too. All that's missing is a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
^yes. There is an ESOL teacher who sits in the classroom all day. It's her job to stand over the ESOL kids and translate the main teacher's lesson plan. It's annoying as heck. Can you imagine 21 fidgety fourth graders having to pause for the ESOL teacher to explain to her little students? No wonder the teacher only makes them do all of the odd numbered questions instead of every single one. She's too tired/busy to grade things! I swear, I'm going to go private next year if I can!

I seem to remember doing odd numbered problems.  as I recall, that was because the answers to the even numbered ones were in the back of the book. :-)

I seem to remember doing the exact opposite . . . different textbooks.  All the odd numbered problems' answers were in the back of our books . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline VivisMom

I'd be happy to find the one that doesn't require an ESOL teacher. Oooh, did I say that outloud? I don't have a problem with ESOL students. I do have a problem with mainstreaming them and causing the teacher to slash her lessons in about half. My son has had little homework this year and he tells me she spends a lot of time clarifying the lessons for the ones who don't understand a word of English.

I'm gonna butt in here for a sec, Dixie.

The theory behind having ESOL/ELL students being mainstreamed is that children usually learn a language faster and with greater competence if they are in an immersion environment. However, this is usually only the case with very young children, I'd guess under age 10 or so. Around here there are lots of language immersion schools, and they are quite popular and very highly regarded.

That being said, the whole situation is lose/lose. The ESOL/ELL kids are struggling even with help, and the kids who are native English speakers aren't getting the education they deserve. The teacher is being forced to modify her lessons to compensate for the kids whose grasp of English is poor at best, and everyone is losing out.

As for only doing odd or even questions...the answers are usually in the back for at least one set! But shhhh...don't tell the kids!  :-)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
^LOL jukin! I love your AV too. All that's missing is a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.

Mad Dog -- Hell no. Lets go for the gold..

Now Thats good drinkin'

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
I'd be happy to find the one that doesn't require an ESOL teacher. Oooh, did I say that outloud? I don't have a problem with ESOL students. I do have a problem with mainstreaming them and causing the teacher to slash her lessons in about half. My son has had little homework this year and he tells me she spends a lot of time clarifying the lessons for the ones who don't understand a word of English.

I'm gonna butt in here for a sec, Dixie.

The theory behind having ESOL/ELL students being mainstreamed is that children usually learn a language faster and with greater competence if they are in an immersion environment. However, this is usually only the case with very young children, I'd guess under age 10 or so. Around here there are lots of language immersion schools, and they are quite popular and very highly regarded.

That being said, the whole situation is lose/lose. The ESOL/ELL kids are struggling even with help, and the kids who are native English speakers aren't getting the education they deserve. The teacher is being forced to modify her lessons to compensate for the kids whose grasp of English is poor at best, and everyone is losing out.

As for only doing odd or even questions...the answers are usually in the back for at least one set! But shhhh...don't tell the kids!  :-)
I don't blame the kids. In fact, I feel for them. It has to be hard to come to this country in be put in a fourth grade class not knowing a lick of English.

I checked for the answers in his books thinking that was the reason. No answers! She's just doing it for simplicity and to save time.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle