Author Topic: DUmmies take FR to task over tasteless Ted Kennedy comments. *Pot/Kettle* Alert  (Read 1026 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
At least the FR admins are deleting the worst ones, and in so doing hold their site to some standards of decency, unlike DU where they proudly leave them up for the world to see.

onehandle  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-17-08 12:26 PM
Original message
Threads and posts happy about Ted's condition being removed like Crazy at Free Republic.
 Advertisements [?]Not fast enough, RimJob.

I will not repeat what I have seen over there in the last few minutes.

One trick that they like in this situation, is posting something like: "To avoid suspension, I will not say what is on my mind."

RimJob for some reason doesn't delete those.

To be fair, some DUmmies admit the hypocrisy:

dsc  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-17-08 12:29 PM
Response to Original message
3. sadly we have no real right to talk after some of the things posted in the wake
 of the deaths of Ronald Reagan, Jerry Falwell, and Thurmond.

turtlensue  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-17-08 04:09 PM
Response to Reply #3
24. True. Don't forget Tony Snow
 There was a lot of classy people here when his cancer was announced. But there was JUST as much nastiness towards him that the mods had to remove quickly as well.
To pretend we are any better when someone from the right is ill/dies is utter nonsense. Just as many asshats on the left.

But then there are also those who defend and rationalize DU's doing it because their cause is righteous, doncha know? :whatever:

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-17-08 04:02 PM
Response to Reply #3
19. Excuse me, dsc, but Ted Kennedy never has wished or visited
 want, torture or death on millions of people.

Being dead doesn't make you righteous, it makes you the subject of memory. The way people remember you is determined in part by who you were in life.

Reagan, Falwell and Thurmond were destructive in life and were remembered that way. When Senator Kennedy passes, which hopefully won't be for a long, long time if we are lucky, our remembrance will be of his innumerable efforts on behalf of the American people.

There is no equivalence whatsoever.

Fox Mulder  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-17-08 05:08 PM
Response to Reply #3
39. Those vile people deserved it.

And then you have those who are just plain, total cretins:

DS1  (1000+ posts)       Sat May-17-08 03:36 PM
15. I'd pop champagne if Cheney had one that put him into vegetable status
 just saying

johnfunk (1000+ posts)      Sat May-17-08 03:42 PM
17. RimJob is in the hospital ... has been for days .. and may lose one of his legs
 Info here. And please, no snarky jokes about the site not having a leg to stand on...*smiling devil smiley*

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-17-08 05:14 PM
Response to Reply #3
40. you can bet that whey oxy mush limpballs kicks over you will be ashamed of me!!
 that is a promise

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3301123 

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
If it were you or me then most certainly now Ted Kennedy would be charged with at the least vehicular manslaughter.

Nothing you amoral fukwads at the DUmp can say that will ever change what a despicable person he is.

Offline VivisMom

19. Excuse me, dsc, but Ted Kennedy never has wished or visited
 want, torture or death on millions of people.

Bet the family of Mary Jo Kopechne would beg to differ.

OK, ETA:

sfexpat2000   (1000+ posts)            Sat May-17-08 04:19 PM
Response to Reply #26
28. Since when do we take freeps as a benchmark for social behavior?

Edited on Sat May-17-08 04:22 PM by sfexpat2000
And, do you consider it extreme to object to the propaganda narrative of the day?

Is it extreme to point out the truth? I guess I need to be an extremist, then. 

ETA: Some of us seem to be using the Faux model where there are two equal sides to every bs argument. There isn't. There are people whose net worth to a culture is positive and others whose net worth is negative. It doesn't really go "both ways" unless you are willing to overlook the actual content of a person's life, although that has been the Faux argument for the last twenty years.

Who gets to decide who was negative and who was positive? I mean, seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! Do you think everyone has to think and believe like you do? There are ALWAYS two sides to any argument, because opinions are like assholes-everyone has one.

And to you, sfexpat... :censored: :bird: :censored: you stupid, drugged out hippie bitch.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:11:07 AM by VivisMom »

Offline Airwolf

Leave it to the DUmp the fling poo and be classless asshats.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jukin

Mary Jo Kopeckne was still unavailable  for comment.

DO the DUchebags know that vast teddy's car has killed more people than Gitmo?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.