Author Topic: Stupid shit we did as kids.....  (Read 16609 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Stupid shit we did as kids.....
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »
Quote from: obumazombie link=topic=73564.msg878611#msg878611 date :
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpyhwuzFJY
What's My Line ? Colin Mokery, Ryan Stiles[/url]
Maybe while visiting a small island called Cuba ?

No comment.   :whatever:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »
I was about 21 years old and me and my boyfriend of 2 years decide we are going to "park". It was winter time and we take his little volkswagen jetta down to a secluded area (which also happened to be a swampland). We park on what we think is solid ground. Well, the car starts a-rocking and suddenly the thin layer of ice that was supporting us breaks and we drop about 6 inches. We are suspended by what little ice is left under the front and rear bumper.

Bloody heck, this was before cell phones, so Romeo leaves me in the car and he goes to get help. When the tow arrived, the tow driver rolled his eyes at our predicament and chalked it up to another Saturday night.  :p

I was a few years younger, I was with Kevin in the back of his VW Bug.

See here...

We were in the back seat (I was very flexible back in the day). We were, well you know, doing stuff and a cop knocked on the window with his flash light (it was ON by the way) and made us both get out of the car. I didn't have any pants on. He gave me time to put them on then took me aside, away from Kevin, and made sure I was willing participant in the "activity". Then he told Kevin to take me home now and for him to go straight home. We did.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:23:46 PM by BEG »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
I know that feeling, I drove home a few times when I should not have driven and I thank God that nothing ever happened to anyone. 

So did I and I was pulled over once. You remember my friend Lori right?  I was 17 and it was about 2am. She was laying down (I was driving an S-10 pick-up) and her head was in my lap. She was about to get sick so I was trying to prevent it. Anyway I was stroking her hair to try to calm her down and prevent her throwing up in my truck and a cop pulled me over. He made me get in his cop car and recite the alphabet. I sang it, I don't know why I did.  He knew I was drunk but let me go with just a warning for going through a yellow light. My mom found the ticket and I was grounded...for being out at 2am (the time was written on the warning).

At the time I was so thankful, looking back it was irresponsible of him (and obviously me for doing it) for letting me go. What if I had had a wreck and killed myself and Lori or worse yet, some innocent driver in another car.  This was about 1984-1985. I don't think you could get away with it today.  That incident did stick with me though. It is one of my biggest fears with my children, I have told them about it several times and stress the "what if"  you kill an innocent person part of it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »
No comment.   :whatever:

No guts, no glory!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »
I was a goody two shoes for sure.  About the stupidest thing I ever did was almost start a fight with a guy who had a couple inches and fair amount of weight on me when I was 11.  He started picking on my little brother, so I pinned him against the wall of the school.  You should have seen his face when the quiet little bookworm started yelling at him to stop picking on her brother.   :rotf:

Mind you, he stole my necklace in 4th grade too, and then the teacher confiscated it and I never got it back  :bird:

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »
I was a goody two shoes for sure.  About the stupidest thing I ever did was almost start a fight with a guy who had a couple inches and fair amount of weight on me when I was 11.  He started picking on my little brother, so I pinned him against the wall of the school.  You should have seen his face when the quiet little bookworm started yelling at him to stop picking on her brother.   :rotf:

Mind you, he stole my necklace in 4th grade too, and then the teacher confiscated it and I never got it back  :bird:

:rotf:

I shoved rocks down the throat of a boy in my grade who was bullying my sister.  She was a few grades behind me.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
In HS a guy pinched my butt in front of the whole class, he got a right hook to his face, if I didn't do that I knew every guy would be pinching me, the right hook solved that problem.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »
Mostly just parts 2 and 3 of sex, drugs and rock-n-roll (and booze) in HS and college.  At age 14, I allowed a friend to convince me to help her get some of her stuff out of their apartment (they had been locked out due to non-payment of rent) and ended up getting busted for B & E which scared the crap out of me  :o

Fortuitously puked blackberry brandy all over a guy who was trying to take advantage of the fact I was wasted on that crap (HS).  Saw a friend of mine (also in HS) completely lose his shit because he was on acid and speed and put his whole foot through a windshield of a car; he was then chased down and tackled by local cops and dragged away in cuffs.

Got into a couple of fistfights during basketball games in which I was playing (4 years in HS) because I kept getting cheap-shotted in the ribs while shooting or rebounding (I have a temper  :argh:  :-))

Lots of other things I've forgotten about . . .
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Booze, bucks and broads. The three B's.  :rotf:

Anyway....

Shared a couple of emails last week with one of my former first sergeants. He reminded me that I had gotten toe-to-toe with the Hannover, Germany Polizei when one of our guys had toss a fire extinguisher through a window to break out of the Rail Transportation Office (RTO) in which he got locked into.

It was either do that or risk missing a troop movement, and of course, we all know you don't miss a movement -- otherwise you get constipated!  :p

Seriously, he'd gotten locked in and busted out the only way he could. The cops were hot on his trail though, and attempted to arrest him and drag him away until I somehow convinced the cops we'd make good on the busted window.

I don't remember that event, but hell, it was a long time ago and I'd prolly had a couple of brewskis as well.... :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 10:59:16 AM »
I was about 21 years old and me and my boyfriend of 2 years decide we are going to "park". It was winter time and we take his little volkswagen jetta down to a secluded area (which also happened to be a swampland). We park on what we think is solid ground. Well, the car starts a-rocking and suddenly the thin layer of ice that was supporting us breaks and we drop about 6 inches. We are suspended by what little ice is left under the front and rear bumper.

Bloody heck, this was before cell phones, so Romeo leaves me in the car and he goes to get help. When the tow arrived, the tow driver rolled his eyes at our predicament and chalked it up to another Saturday night.  :p

Did you have time to put your top back on before the tow truck showed up?  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:04:19 AM by RobJohnson »

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »
So did I and I was pulled over once. You remember my friend Lori right?  I was 17 and it was about 2am. She was laying down (I was driving an S-10 pick-up) and her head was in my lap. She was about to get sick so I was trying to prevent it. Anyway I was stroking her hair to try to calm her down and prevent her throwing up in my truck and a cop pulled me over. He made me get in his cop car and recite the alphabet. I sang it, I don't know why I did.  He knew I was drunk but let me go with just a warning for going through a yellow light. My mom found the ticket and I was grounded...for being out at 2am (the time was written on the warning).

At the time I was so thankful, looking back it was irresponsible of him (and obviously me for doing it) for letting me go. What if I had had a wreck and killed myself and Lori or worse yet, some innocent driver in another car.  This was about 1984-1985. I don't think you could get away with it today.  That incident did stick with me though. It is one of my biggest fears with my children, I have told them about it several times and stress the "what if"  you kill an innocent person part of it.

So you got off because a girl had her head in your lap? Great story!  :lmao:

I don't have time to type all the stupid shit I did when I was younger.

One thing stands out....being a union committeeman for the Steelworkers at an aluminum plant (ALCOA-Davenport Works). At the age of 23 I had my own office and my duties were split between the company and union. I wore many hats. I was young, cocky and radical. I did slow down a couple over zealous supervisors that would rather see someone get killed then properly shut down a machine and some other good deeds...I worked 2ND shift and made very good money, had lots of girlfriends, and a ton of bad habits.

It's pretty rare for me to drink now. Very rare.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:24:08 AM by RobJohnson »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Memo to self--never drive dad's boss' kid home in Dad's souped up '79 Ford at over 100 mph.  I wanted to kick that little bastard's ass after it got back to my dad, who I'm sure wanted to kick my ass.  Then there was the time we made contact explosives in Chemistry.  Fairly stable until it dried out, and then if you threw it at someone's face shield, it make a pretty nice blast, until one piece got UNDER the face shield and blew up on his face.  Ow.

Weekends on the bluffs with a 6-pack of Mickey's Big Mouth beers.  Oh, why couldn't I have had better taste?

Seems like I did a lot more "stupid shit" in the Navy than when I was a kid.  And NO, there isn't any photographic evidence of it--not anymore.  And I'll deny any and all accusations leveled at me.  I was the paragon of virtue and cleanliness.

(Oh, who the hell am I kidding.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »
Weekends on the bluffs with a 6-pack of Mickey's Big Mouth beers.  Oh, why couldn't I have had better taste?

Genny Cream Ale in my case on the bank of the Delaware River or somewhere in the Pine Barrens . . . puke city  :puke:
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
Oof! I kind of suspected you have some battle scars.

Yep a nice one on the right side of my skull where I used to part my hair. Mom has an old picture of me after it happened with my head still bandaged up. Took at least 7 stitches to close it up and a couple of her towels to keep the blood from spilling out all over. Years later when I was in the Army I got a few more from concertina wire when some idiot pushed a whole rol off the back of a truck and it caught me between it and the building we were all next to and I got 4 more stitches on my right leg.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
Booze, bucks and broads. The three B's.  :rotf:

Anyway....

Shared a couple of emails last week with one of my former first sergeants. He reminded me that I had gotten toe-to-toe with the Hannover, Germany Polizei when one of our guys had toss a fire extinguisher through a window to break out of the Rail Transportation Office (RTO) in which he got locked into.

It was either do that or risk missing a troop movement, and of course, we all know you don't miss a movement -- otherwise you get constipated!  :p

Seriously, he'd gotten locked in and busted out the only way he could. The cops were hot on his trail though, and attempted to arrest him and drag him away until I somehow convinced the cops we'd make good on the busted window.

I don't remember that event, but hell, it was a long time ago and I'd prolly had a couple of brewskis as well.... :-)

Missing movement. I have a story I wish I  could tell about doing that . I ended up in a neck brace over it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
I was a few years younger, I was with Kevin in the back of his VW Bug.

See here...

We were in the back seat (I was very flexible back in the day). We were, well you know, doing stuff and a cop knocked on the window with his flash light (it was ON by the way) and made us both get out of the car. I didn't have any pants on. He gave me time to put them on then took me aside, away from Kevin, and made sure I was willing participant in the "activity". Then he told Kevin to take me home now and for him to go straight home. We did.

What are the chances that we both experienced naughty incidents in VWs? I guess that's what comes with flexibility.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »
Genny Cream Ale in my case on the bank of the Delaware River or somewhere in the Pine Barrens . . . puke city  :puke:

Genny Screamers!   :o :o :o :panic: :panic: :panic: :bolt: :runaway: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »
What are the chances that we both experienced naughty incidents in VWs? I guess that's what comes with flexibility.  :lmao:

Try the back of a '79 Civic if you want to test your flexibility!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »

Toyota FX16.  Hatchback.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »
Toyota FX16.  Hatchback.

We iz bad . . .   :naughty: :-)
Piney Power!!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »

Looks like the hood got most the of the activity.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 10:23:03 AM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc7_NEinAjI[/youtube]

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
Probably the most dangerous activity as a kid came when I was around 10 years old.

Friends family owned a big farm with a 3 story barn.  My girl friend talked me into jumping off the rafters into the hay stored about 20 feet below.     

First time I drove a car at 14 my boyfriend decided to teach me to drive, it began to rain out and a car full of boys pulled up behind us.   I decided to show off and hit the gas, spun out and went backwards over a hill flipped the car and ended up in the middle of a field.   --No seat belts at that time--

Young adult was the first time I let a Sailor get an inch above my knee.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »

I bow to your xxxtreme flexibility!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
Toyota FX16.  Hatchback.

YEAAAAH BABY!  :yahoo: