Author Topic: Voter ID debate help please?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Voter ID debate help please?
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
Johnny2X2X

Voter ID debate help please?

Debating a board full of Right Wingers on a sports site I am on. Good group of guys, educated, but very right wing, only 1 or 2 total assholes in the bunch, but the rest will generally listen to factual arguments. I'm literally the only one holding my view that Voter ID requirements are unconstitutional, not needed, and un American.

Wanted some help on stats for Voter Fraud cases, convictions, etc.

Also, how is voter fraud prevented now?

Any other suggestions would be great, it's a great chance to educate some RWers who happen to be decent guys.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002544550

If you have to beg for talking points at DU, you may want to rethink your beliefs.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
Re: Voter ID debate help please?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002544550

If you have to beg for talking points at DU, you may want to re think your beliefs.

FIFY.  If they have to beg for talking points from DU, they haven't thought about their beliefs in the first damned place.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
You have to have a photo ID to:

Apply for welfare
Apply for food stamps
Cash a check
Buy alcohol
Buy cigarettes
Purchase a firearm
Make any large credit card purchase
Open a bank account
Rent an apartment
Be admitted to a hospital
Get a marriage license
To buy beer, draino, sudafed
Buy spray paint
To get on a plane.
Drive a car.
Buy something from Costco or Sams

AND if you are too poor to pay for a photo ID the state will provide you one for free.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
The only logical reason for them to oppose is that they know, encourage, and want there to be voter fraud because its virtually always in their favor. Without rampant voter fraud I really doubt Democrats would have had any power in this country post Jimmy Carter.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
You have to have a photo ID to:

Apply for welfare
Apply for food stamps
Cash a check
Buy alcohol
Buy cigarettes
Purchase a firearm
Make any large credit card purchase
Open a bank account
Rent an apartment
Be admitted to a hospital
Get a marriage license
To buy beer, draino, sudafed
Buy spray paint
To get on a plane.
Drive a car.
Buy something from Costco or Sams

AND if you are too poor to pay for a photo ID the state will provide you one for free.

Vote in the union elections for the unions that a person belongs to.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
You also need photo ID to buy Advil Cold and Sinus.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »

And musinex

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
I read the thread, and not one primitive actually answered the question, they all deflected -

by saying it's not necessary, targing a miniscule problem etc etc -- Come on DUmmies - educate me ! Show me where voter ID is prohibited in The Constitution !

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:47 PM »
And musinex

And Jägermeister MD.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »

And Liquid Plumber in Illinois, and in some states you need an ID for spray paint.  Now that is really racist.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
These are the same people that argue that the government can and should force people into signing a contract under duress and spending money they could probably put to better use just because you are alive. Government forces you into contract = good, requiring ID to vote to protect the most sacred right of the citizen from disenfranchisement = bad. Liberals are nuts, total contrarians. They WOULD praise Big Brother for "increasing" the chocolate rations from 30 grams to 20 grams. There can be no redemption for people practicing cognitive dissonance on that level.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 07:47:57 AM »
I read the thread, and not one primitive actually answered the question, they all deflected -

by saying it's not necessary, targing a miniscule problem etc etc -- Come on DUmmies - educate me ! Show me where voter ID is prohibited in The Constitution !

It's right there "Article 8 - Parts only Liberals can see"

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:38 AM »
The DUmmies don't want to have to use ID's to vote because they want the illegal alien vote, and want the new ACORN to scam 400,000 more votes for the dems. It will be the only way that Obama gets re-elected. I still say the dems bus people over from Mexico to vote Democrat.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
The DUmmie wants facts and stuff on convictions?  Simply google Troy, NY voter fraud, and the nadin machine will return so many links your computer will blow apart.  Seems a bunch of demokrats got up to no good.

Then, try "Chicago."

some states you need an ID for spray paint

In NY, seems that when you buy anything that can be huffed (even WD40), you have to haul out your ID.  I just went to the dentist, and they asked for my driver's license.  Sure, I said, but out of curiosity, why?  Oh, new State Law they said.  

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:54 AM »
In NY, seems that when you buy anything that can be huffed (even WD40), you have to haul out your ID. I just went to the dentist, and they asked for my driver's license.  Sure, I said, but out of curiosity, why?  Oh, new State Law they said.

In our State, Doctor's offices need a photo ID to keep on file, 1 of the reasons is people giving their health insurance cards to other people to use.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
I can't for the life of me figure out how they argue against showing a freaking ID to vote.  There can only be one reason.  And we all know what it is.

This is interesting because a few days ago, and I can't remember how, I came across the bill in TN that requires voter registration applicants to submit poof of citizenship.  Hell to us wacko conservatives that seems so damn simple and logical.

Here is the bill highlight:

-Establishes that printed registration forms must include, but not be limited to, the following (Sec. 2):

-A statement that the registrant is a citizen of the United States;
-The state or country of birth;
-Father's name or mother's maiden name;
-Social Security number, if any;
-A statement that the registrant is a resident of the state and county in which the registrant is registering; and
-A statement that the registrant has not been convicted of treason or a felony, or if so, that the registrant's civil rights have been restored.

snip
-Defines satisfactory evidence of citizenship as (Sec. 4):

-The applicant's driver license number, driver certificate, or nonoperating identification license;
-A legible photocopy of the applicant's birth certificate;
-A legible photocopy of the applicant's United States passport identifying the applicant and the applicant's passport number;
-The applicant's United States naturalization documents or the number of the certificate of naturalization;
-The applicant's federal Bureau of Indian Affairs card number, tribal treaty card number or tribal enrollment number; or
-Other documents or methods of proof that are established pursuant to the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

I just knew before I clicked the "See the Voting Record" the R's voted for and D's voted against.  And of course I was right, I think two D's voted for the bill.  Please freaking tell me, why in the world you would oppose this bill unless you are for voter fraud?
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline dixierose

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »
Honestly, I've been voting for 20 years; and I don't ever remember NOT having to show ID. This is nothing new in GA, not sure about other states...or it may have just been a local thing.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
Honestly, I've been voting for 20 years; and I don't ever remember NOT having to show ID. This is nothing new in GA, not sure about other states...or it may have just been a local thing.

They just passed the Voter ID law here in Pa. It will take affect in November. I say it is about time.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
The DUmmie wants facts and stuff on convictions?  Simply google Troy, NY voter fraud, and the nadin machine will return so many links your computer will blow apart.  Seems a bunch of demokrats got up to no good.

Then, try "Chicago."

In NY, seems that when you buy anything that can be huffed (even WD40), you have to haul out your ID.  I just went to the dentist, and they asked for my driver's license.  Sure, I said, but out of curiosity, why?  Oh, new State Law they said.  

Speaking of ID cards, I saw something new today - I went to a convenience store on my way out of work to get myself some Simply Lemonade (I'm addicted to the stuff) for the drive home. The person in front of me got a box of Marlboros, and the clerk asked for ID - he presented his driver's license, and then she scanned it in.

I have never seen this before - I don't smoke, and I usually pay no attention to anything that doesn't involve me - so I have no idea how long this practice has been going on - but if a driver's license can be scanned for a tobacco purchase in liberal Massachusetts, I cannot see how these same liberals can be opposed to presenting an ID to protect their right to vote.

Tobacco purchases are mostly made by those whom the liberals believe will be disenfranchised by presenting an ID card to vote. Yet this is okay with liberals. -If it wasn't it wouldn't be happening in Massachusetts.

This is from a cancer prevention source - I selected it because they have no political axe to grind.
http://oralcancerfoundation.org/tobacco/demographics_tobacco.htm

Anyway, since liberals are perfectly willing to make everyone require ID to do the things they dislike, regardless of any impact on their preferred socioeconomic groups, the ONLY logical reasoning to deny requiring the same positive ID to vote is to protect their 'right to cheat'.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 09:01:02 PM »

I cast my first vote in 1977, and I showed ID then, and every year since, here in VA.

http://www.electstevedawes.com
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
DUmmy JohnnynumberXnumberX is a woefully untalented mole, and I'm sure the MIRT liquidation team is hot on his tracks already.

Nearly all of these pleas for help countering a repuke argument are ill-considered, transparent moling efforts, and the MIRT team is well aware of them.

Don't lose a mole to such a weak strategy.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »
Speaking of ID cards, I saw something new today - I went to a convenience store on my way out of work to get myself some Simply Lemonade (I'm addicted to the stuff) for the drive home. The person in front of me got a box of Marlboros, and the clerk asked for ID - he presented his driver's license, and then she scanned it in.

I have never seen this before - I don't smoke, and I usually pay no attention to anything that doesn't involve me - so I have no idea how long this practice has been going on - but if a driver's license can be scanned for a tobacco purchase in liberal Massachusetts, I cannot see how these same liberals can be opposed to presenting an ID to protect their right to vote.

Tobacco purchases are mostly made by those whom the liberals believe will be disenfranchised by presenting an ID card to vote. Yet this is okay with liberals. -If it wasn't it wouldn't be happening in Massachusetts.

This is from a cancer prevention source - I selected it because they have no political axe to grind.
http://oralcancerfoundation.org/tobacco/demographics_tobacco.htm

Anyway, since liberals are perfectly willing to make everyone require ID to do the things they dislike, regardless of any impact on their preferred socioeconomic groups, the ONLY logical reasoning to deny requiring the same positive ID to vote is to protect their 'right to cheat'.

Target around here scans your driver's license when you buy alcohol or NyQuil. They say it is to keep the clerks honest in not selling booze to their underage friends. 
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
I have been working with the homeless this past winter and THEY needed ID to get into the shelther. No ID... no bed or meal. if the homeless with no jobs can get a card then voters can too.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
My elderly Mother, who couldn't drive and lived on $600.00 a month, had a free state issued ID.  Of course, those with their panties in a wad about IDs for voting would say that she wasn't poor living on $7200 a year because she reaped so many benefits from white privilege.

I've heard the argument that voter ID targets racial/ethnic minorities.  I seriously doubt there is a single black person living in this country who does not have some form of ID already.  Illegals are another ball of wax.