Author Topic: Iraqi army: Iraqi al-Qaida leader held  (Read 840 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Iraqi army: Iraqi al-Qaida leader held
« on: May 08, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »
Wait for it!...............

maddezmom   (1000+ posts)       Thu May-08-08 04:43 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3301888
Iraqi army: Iraqi al-Qaida leader held 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Thu May-08-08 04:58 PM by maddezmom
Source: AP

BAGHDAD - The Iraqi Defense Ministry spokesman says the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq has been arrested in the northern city of Mosul.

Spokesman Mohammed al-Askari says the arrest of Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, was confirmed to him by the Iraqi commander of the province.

There was no immediate confirmation from U.S. forces on the arrest.

This undated file photo originally released by the U.S. Military at a press conference in Baghdad, Iraq Thursday, June 15, 2006, purports to show al-Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri. An Iraqi Defense Ministry spokesman said Thursday, May 8, 2008 that Abu Ayyub al-Masri has been arrested in northern city of Mosul.
(AP Photo/U.S. Military)

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080508/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq... ;_

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some old archved DU threads and an interesting link from yesterday:

Report: Al-Qaida in Iraq leader identified with photograph
1 day ago

~snip~

The Dubai-based network, citing an Iraqi police official, said the real name of Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, who allegedly heads the Islamic State of Iraq, is Hamid Dawoud al-Zawi.

Originally from Haditha, al-Baghdadi served in the Iraqi army under Saddam Hussein, then joined al-Qaida in 2003, the police official told Al-Arabiya.

The U.S. has described al-Baghdadi as a fictitious character but we've had a pic of him since 2006

more:http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gkl5DzqgK...

Bush's puppet Iraqi govt. swears Al-masri killed for the third time. Bush says its not true again
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Rice Puts $5 Million Bounty on Al-Masri (AP)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

and lets read on what the traitorous scum at DU say:

crim son  (1000+ posts)       Thu May-08-08 04:45 PM
Response to Original message
1. Good. They've got their man,
 now it's time for us to leave.

Well, we got one less, that is for sure. Funny though- the Iraqis got him. Not the US.

rosesaylavee  (1000+ posts)       Thu May-08-08 06:45 PM
Response to Reply #2
7. No... It's #2 for about the 10th time. 
 Wish I had been collecting these stories & photos since 2001. We could have made fortune selling them as cards. A pack of deuces - all #2s.
And what is sad, everyone will believe this to be the truth though it will never have any validation from any other source other than our so-called government

That is because when we kill one of their leaders, the promote a dude into the number 2 slot. See, it's called promotion, because you go up a number.

matt007 (87 posts)      Thu May-08-08 06:06 PM
5. One down.........big one to go
 There is still a more important Al.
Al-Sadr.
Al Qaeda in Iraq ws a transplant after the war. It is in the process of evaporating.
The Mahdi Army is the problem child. Oh and the fact that our inept puppet government is just as incompitent as our own.

matt seems too stupid to be a lousy freeper troll, but I think I will alert on him anyway. And for the record, Al-Sadr is hiding in Iran.

phostur (124 posts)      Thu May-08-08 06:21 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Al Sadr's not going anywhere
 The Sadr movement has a big following. Killing him will DEFINITELY start a civil war. The problem is not Sadr, the problem is that we've given the reins of power over to Iran (Dawa, ISCI). It's too late, we might as well cut bait.

::)

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Iraqi army: Iraqi al-Qaida leader held
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:47:06 PM »
pinniped  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-08-08 06:58 PM
8. That looks like al-Zarqawi.
 He has risen from the dead and his leg has regenerated.

al-Masri

al-Zarqawi

Spitting image, my ass. Go play in traffic, retard.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
Response to Reply #2
 Wish I had been collecting these stories & photos since 2001. We could have made fortune selling them as cards. A pack of deuces - all #2s.
And what is sad, everyone will believe this to be the truth though it will never have any validation from any other source other than our so-called government

That is because when we kill one of their leaders, the promote a dude into the number 2 slot. See, it's called promotion, because you go up a number.

You have to bear in mind the profound lack of abstract reasoning we're dealing with here. These are the same people who think we could land a manned expedition on the Sun if we just go at nighttime.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:30:10 AM »
Response to Reply #2

You have to bear in mind the profound lack of abstract reasoning we're dealing with here. These are the same people who think we could land a manned expedition on the Sun if we just go at nighttime.

I just had that blonde joke emailed to me . . . H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.