Author Topic: poll: is Omaha Steve serious?  (Read 1842 times)

Offline JakeStyle

Re: poll: is Omaha Steve serious?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »
I vote no as well.  I think OS is going to realize, if he hasn't already, that he doesn't stand a chance and that it would actually cost him a lot of time and effort to try.  He'll give up before he even starts.  All is not lost Big Steve, you still have "the most popular historical website in town".   :bs:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »
Okay, just so everybody knows:

Omaha Steve has until March 1, 2012 to file for office.

A mere six weeks from now, either to file or to make up an excuse as to why he decided against running.

The filing fee is $110.

Omaha Steve could probably try to get the fee waived by claiming pauperhood, but it doesn't appear he meets the Nebraska standards for paupery.

I suspect he's probably going to try to get someone else to pay the fee for him.

He does not have to hand out petitions to be signed; he merely has to pay the fee.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »
$110 dollars . That's at least the room payment at the hotel where the Trek convention is being held in most cities. One less con to go to in order for him to maybe get in office seems like a longshot. Especaily when that post of his about the ALF terrorist going around buring up 10 eighteen wheeler rigs gets out and that he doesn't seem to have any problem with them doing it. Or at least he doesn't say he does in that thread on DU.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"