Author Topic: cat-fight on Skins's island  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Karin

Re: cat-fight on Skins's island
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 07:41:11 AM »
VC is one of the very worst.  I really don't know how they can stand each other, and keep coming back to the same board, as if addicted.  They have the most vicious fights, and treat each other like absolute shit. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:45 AM »
Aw shucks, you need to hear Vesta's stories of bathing her Coon Cats (or some such specie).  I think her poor hubby became a gallon donor on that one. :lol: 

It would seem this thread is useless without pictures. Since it is Dummies it would probably need a   :spork:  alert.

Oh Lord, we cannot find a groomer for the bathing and the detangeling of knotted hair on the male.    All has to do with the hair make up on cats.

We cannot even begin to groom the male, the female never gets knots, her hair is different.

We have tried everything to groom the male, comes to the point we have to bring him to the vets to be put to sleep and given what is called a lion cut.  Damn cat comes home with all hair clipped close to the skin except for head, chest and the big turf left on its end of tail.   Cost $100.00 +.      

We try to get the clipped cat used to being brushed but this male will have none of that.  We fear trying to cut off knots as we could cut into his skin.    Hell of a problem for cat and us.    Cat is Hubby's cat, sits in his lap until he brings out a comb or brush---Zoom--off to somewhere for a day or so.

Female has hair that does not mat, never got even one in her 2 years with us, do we bath her, Hell no, we learned our lesson,  I do wonder if we were to use the detangler spray for little girls on the big boy, 23 pounds at this time.

Seems the detangler works best on wet hair, We are not crazy, a wet cat at that weight is a horror from hell.

Finally I surgested we duct tape the males legs together and the head to the table and use electric clippers on his mats.    Save us $100 and free the cat from the annoyance of the mats pulling on his skin.

Hubby now believes I am a monster, one cannot do that to any Animal what will do trauma do to its little brain???

Thank God Hubby never went into any medical field.    He has no idea what goes on with humans to torture humans to become whole again.--He never had PT.

So I keep looking at the duct tape and the pet groomer, should I grab the tape and get out the electric clippers when he is not at home???

Having the cat put to sleep twice a year cannot be good for him to get shaved and rid of simple mats. Not the cats fault, it is the kind of hair he was born with.

What to do, defies my husband and go for it myself, The money saved will help the family.    

What if Hubby decides to run for the hills do to what he thinks is mistreatment of his cat?????

To shave my ***** or to have it done professionally is the question-------What would you do??????

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »
Oh Lord, we cannot find a groomer for the bathing and the detangeling of knotted hair on the male.    All has to do with the hair make up on cats.

To shave my ***** or to have it done professionally is the question-------What would you do??????

I vote to shave the *****. I perfer the classic "Brazilian".

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »
I vote to shave the *****. I perfer the classic "Brazilian".

Wait, will that be clear cut or will you save a bit of the Rain Forest? 

And about that twenty pounder, yes they can be a handful in the tub.

Not a happy camper.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
That looks like my cat when I try to pick it up.  "Let go of me!!!"

I still have my leather welding gloves on-hand if I ever need to try that again.  I have no idea how I'm ever going to get this thing to the vet and back.

Do they make knock-out darts for cats?
The funny thing is that he loves it. He is a pretty laid back guy that we have had few problems with. The only thing that sticks out in my mind is that he was pissed at me when I came home from deployments. He hid from me for 3 days when I came home the last time. On the 4th day he deemed that my punishment was over and forgave me for abandoning him.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori