Author Topic: How the grinch taxed Christmas  (Read 3034 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: How the grinch taxed Christmas
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »
Until recently we all paid a hidden tax on our phone bills presumably to pay for the Civil War.

Ive heard that our all-knowing, all-caring, all big gov't Commissar has relented on the Xmas tree tax now.

Perhaps the 'sheeple' decided to bring a firearm to this barbecue ... for a 'change'.

:angryvillagers:

Doesn't matter terribly much. There'll be another tax for another "thing" (internet sales tax being among them) just waiting in the wings......
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 04:14:27 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with Christmas trees but last week I rented a car while visiting Phoenix from Wednesday morning through Friday afternoon.  The car rental itself was $25 per day and I went ahead and paid for the full tank of gas, which was $49.00.  That comes up to $99.  My total bill was $178.00 with all taxes, fees, and crapola added on. 

:thatsright:

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
The tax was killed today.

What I am wondering is why in the hell would the government be involved in this? If the tree industry wants to do their ad campaign couldn't they simply tack on a few cents in order to pay for this?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »
How difficult is it to sell a ****ing tree at Christmas?

Only the government would come up with an idea this stupid.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with Christmas trees but last week I rented a car while visiting Phoenix from Wednesday morning through Friday afternoon.  The car rental itself was $25 per day and I went ahead and paid for the full tank of gas, which was $49.00.  That comes up to $99.  My total bill was $178.00 with all taxes, fees, and crapola added on. 

:thatsright:

Phoenix and Las Vegas are the two worst cities for the taxes at rental car facilities.  It's because those properties are located on airport property.  Las Vegas has a 20% tax on all car rentals and any extras you buy at the counter.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
How difficult is it to sell a ****ing tree at Christmas?

Only the government would come up with an idea this stupid.

Never forget; this is the same collective(ist) buncha grabasses that couldn't run a brothel/bar without driving it onto the rocky shoals of bankruptcy.  Never try to determine the depths of stupidity a politician won't descend to; they'll break right through and keep going, every time you do.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »
The tax was killed today.

What I am wondering is why in the hell would the government be involved in this? If the tree industry wants to do their ad campaign couldn't they simply tack on a few cents in order to pay for this?

It's the same philosophy that advocates having the government do for you -- whether or not you can do it yourself.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 05:41:51 PM »
Is there ANYTHING these sons of bitches WON'T tax, or at least try to? 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.