Author Topic: "I long for a triple-A president to run a triple-A country."  (Read 1321 times)

Offline zeitgeist

"I long for a triple-A president to run a triple-A country."
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
What his one time supporters think now:

The Exasperation of the Democratic Billionaire

Real-estate and newspaper mogul Mortimer Zuckerman voted for Obama but began seeing trouble as soon as the stimulus went into the pockets of municipal unions..

'It's as if he doesn't like people," says real-estate mogul and New York Daily News owner Mortimer Zuckerman of the president of the United States. Barack Obama doesn't seem to care for individuals, elaborates Mr. Zuckerman, though the president enjoys addressing millions of them on television.

The Boston Properties CEO is trying to understand why Mr. Obama has made little effort to build relationships on Capitol Hill or negotiate a bipartisan economic plan. A longtime supporter of the Democratic Party, Mr. Zuckerman wrote in these pages two months ago that the entire business community was "pleading for some kind of adult supervision" in Washington and "desperate for strong leadership." Writing soon after the historic downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt by Standard & Poor's, he wrote, "I long for a triple-A president to run a triple-A country."

{snip}
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204002304576628673446417268.html

2012 ~ How big will the victory be for the GOP? 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: "I long for a triple-A president to run a triple-A country."
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
Depends on if they get a conservative in the race or not.  If it's Cain, I'm feeling pretty good.

If it's Romney, it's a coin-toss--and they're just two sides of the same coin.  Lots of people will stay home given that choice.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »
Depends on if they get a conservative in the race or not.  If it's Cain, I'm feeling pretty good.

If it's Romney, it's a coin-toss--and they're just two sides of the same coin.  Lots of people will stay home given that choice.

And when that happened the last time we got Carol She-Putter.   :argh:

I would hate to vote for Romney but given the alternative I would.  Staying home is not an option.   We should know soon enough if Cain can turn the corner.  I could see Cain / Bachman making DUmp heads go boom. 

I can also see Slo Joe being replaced by a more populist candidate. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
And when that happened the last time we got Carol She-Putter.   :argh:

I would hate to vote for Romney but given the alternative I would.  Staying home is not an option.   We should know soon enough if Cain can turn the corner.  I could see Cain / Bachman making DUmp heads go boom. 

If Cain can "turn the corner" as you put it, the Dhimmi'Rats may just primary Soetoro out of the center seat.  If for no other reason than having a black man who's not only qualified for the job but a real contender as well is going to draw every racist tendency they have.  If Cain continues stomping on the RINOs like he is, I look for somebody like Hillary to be sent out to the bullpen to warm up.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »

Funny you should mention that.  Couple of talking heads on the tee-vee today talking about possibly having Hillary replace Plugs Biden in 2012.

Of course, Her Thighness said no way that was going to happen.

I was waiting for the "conservative" head to mention that Hillary ALSO said she 1--wasn't going to run for Senate in 2000 and did, 2--wasn't going to run for President in 2008 if she won reelection to the Senate in 2006 and did.

IOW, you take whatever a Clinton says at face value at your own peril.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:41 PM »
Great article. Mr Zuckerman also says:

Unprompted, he spends much of our discussion reminiscing about the Reagan presidency. >>>

"Reagan surprised me," says Mr. Zuckerman. "He got the point of every argument. . . . He was very decisive. And everybody loved working for him. They followed his lead because they really respected his decisiveness and his instincts."

'I was not a Republican and I was not an admirer of his before I knew him," continues Mr. Zuckerman." >>> Somebody like Reagan had that authority. He was liked so much and he had a kind of moral authority. That's what this president has lost."

"Democracy does not work without the right leadership," he says later, "and you can't play politics." The smile inspired by Reagan memories is gone now and Mr. Zuckerman is pounding his circular conference table. "The country has got to come to the conclusion at some point that what you're doing is not just because of an ideology or politics but for the interests of the country."
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »
Great article. Mr Zuckerman also says:

It appears as one of the comment's to the article pointed out Mort isn't a much of a judge based on his first impressions in that he initially dissed Reagan and embraced Obozo.  (Classic liberal bias) 

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
I doubt that thunderthighs will support blammo.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »
I doubt that thunderthighs will support blammo.

Oh, she'll support him as long as it serves her needs.  As soon as it's apparent Obumbles is going to lose, and lose BIG next year, she'll put as much distance between herself and Obama as possible, up to and including resigning as SecState.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
Oh, she'll support him as long as it serves her needs.  As soon as it's apparent Obumbles is going to lose, and lose BIG next year, she'll put as much distance between herself and Obama as possible, up to and including resigning as SecState.

I think she/it will resign that position sooner than that.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
I think she/it will resign that position sooner than that.

There are always some folk who leave an administration but a wholesale rush down the gangway as the rats desert the sinking ship is entirely another thing.  I agree Hillbilly will leave as soon as politically possible to avoid anymore of the stink of failure this miss-administration is creating.  The stink of a failed administration can become the kiss of death to a pol who wants to achieve further heights.  Does that describe Hillbilly; or, will she be content to sit on the back porch, bake cookies, and write her memoir of being Secretart of State in the failed Obama administration?  Suggested title:  I coulda been a contender :rotf:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I think she recognizes she had her shot in 2008.  She's 64 now, meaning IF (big IF) she decided to run in 2016 she'd be almost 70 if she won the WH.  No way in hell her age doesn't become an issue by that point.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
I think she recognizes she had her shot in 2008.  She's 64 now, meaning IF (big IF) she decided to run in 2016 she'd be almost 70 if she won the WH.  No way in hell her age doesn't become an issue by that point.

She's gotta get off the shuttle diplomacy thing because the schedule is literally killing her. She's porked out big time and she just plain looks flat-out exhausted.

She looked better during the 2008 campaign, with all that stumping and flesh-pressing, than she does now.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
She's gotta get off the shuttle diplomacy thing because the schedule is literally killing her. She's porked out big time and she just plain looks flat-out exhausted.

She looked better during the 2008 campaign, with all that stumping and flesh-pressing, than she does now.

The plastic surgery she recently had doesnt help either. She really needs to talk to the Nasty Pelosi.

But then I sort of doubt the 2 "queen bees" are "talking".
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 01:15:46 AM »

Not to sound paranoid, but that might be on some level intentional on the part of some in the administration; take away a lot of her responsibilities and give them to other "envoy" types while keeping her out on the road forever, and if she does try to run against Obama, his handlers/talking spokeholes can sit back and say, "You kiddin?  Look at the light load she has NOW and she can't even handle THAT!"

If that's what is in fact happening, it's a damn shrewd move on the part of Obama's handlers.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 05:18:05 AM »
Not to sound paranoid, but that might be on some level intentional on the part of some in the administration; take away a lot of her responsibilities and give them to other "envoy" types while keeping her out on the road forever, and if she does try to run against Obama, his handlers/talking spokeholes can sit back and say, "You kiddin?  Look at the light load she has NOW and she can't even handle THAT!"

If that's what is in fact happening, it's a damn shrewd move on the part of Obama's handlers.

On the other hand, staying in DC/Westchester County with Slick Willie may not be all that comfortable either.

I'd agree, though, that keeping Hillary in a neutral, do-nothing corner is in Barry's best interests.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.