Author Topic: member survey  (Read 19092 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: member survey
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »
It's a bit odd for a liberal to be on a conservative site but I've often found the better forums to be conservative ones. For example there are often better conversations, very often better run, don't have as many crazy people and are not a haven for stupid ass teenagers. This forum really is more what I was looking to join.

That, sir, is a high compliment to conservativecave.  Thank you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »
(b) any suggestions on how to improve conservativecave? Mmmmmmmm, not offhand.

Well, but if you ever do have a suggestion, holler, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »
Found CC via FreeRepublic over the 2011 new year.

Whoa.  My memory must be slipping.

I knew you preferred to read rather than post, but assumed you'd been around for a while.

What was it on freerepublic that got you here?  Some article or the DUmmie FUnnies, or something else?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »
Everyone is so entertaining!

We aim to amuse, madam.

The board is easy to navigate and I like the look.

One can thank the administrators for that, their good taste in software and technological know-how.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »
I was invited by a member.

How to improve CC? Its pretty good now.
The mods need to send a letter to the Koch brothers and get us all a paid job trolling DU and other places. And you know the brothers would like it here.

The Mods all need window offices, with an auto coffee maker and personal secretaries. Rent a floor in a cool high rise for them. And a remote control Ban button to they can teach a troll a lesson even from Disney World.

and one more thi....BANNED by the Mods for silliness and excessive thread killing!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »
You're one of them, madam, who makes it all possible.

franksolich has been infatuated (your sparkling wit combined with deadpan seriousness--it's purely platonic, assure your husband) since you first came aboard.

Frank that is so sweet!!  Right back at you my friend.  :)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
The DUFU on Pitts getting pizza'd is how I found CC.

I know a lot of people won't agree but I wish more people from the left would post here, I kind of miss arguing, no idea how to get them to register though since a lot of them can only tolerate their POV which is why they post on safe boards that suppress an opposing POV.

Maybe if you want to attract more Conservatives you should have a Twitter Account for Conservative Cave? I love Twitter and get a lot of my news from there, and it's easy to attract followers.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »
Maybe if you want to attract more Conservatives you should have a Twitter Account for Conservative Cave? I love Twitter and get a lot of my news from there, and it's easy to attract followers.
We'd have to get someone to update it regularly.  Personally, I have no interest in Twitter.

Maybe if we could find or develop a plug-in for the site that would automatically update to a Twitter feed with high-traffic threads.  SMF is not particularly difficult to work with, but websites are not my strong suit. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »
We'd have to get someone to update it regularly.  Personally, I have no interest in Twitter.

Maybe if we could find or develop a plug-in for the site that would automatically update to a Twitter feed with high-traffic threads.  SMF is not particularly difficult to work with, but websites are not my strong suit. :(

How about if I opened a conservativecave twitter for a couple of weeks and linked some stories to it and see if a lot of traffic is generated by it?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
A member already posted here - mamacags.

And I have no suggestions for CC.  I just like posting here.  The DUmpster gives me hilarious things to read when I am stuck in the security gate at work.  :)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:38 PM »
BTW I like the idea of a plug-in, I've actually seen websites that update their twitter regularly with posts and stories, maybe there's a way to do it where we link only certain stories as opposed to every new post? maybe something like Breaking News, Politics, and maybe a post or two from The Dumpster?

• Oh snap!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
How about if I opened a conservativecave twitter for a couple of weeks and linked some stories to it and see if a lot of traffic is generated by it?

Also link popular threads at the moment and make sure to tag the tweet.  It would definitely bring in some more traffic.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »
The Mods all need window offices, with an auto coffee maker and personal secretaries. Rent a floor in a cool high rise for them. And a remote control Ban button.....

Dream on, sir.

This moderator works out of a big old house in the middle of the Sandhills.

It's true the house is circa 60% (more than half) windows, but the heat is oppressive, even with the windows open on all four sides.  Coffee is usually from the convenience store in town, as coffee-makers generate even more heat in the house.  And so on.

It would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
Also link popular threads at the moment and make sure to tag the tweet.  It would definitely bring in some more traffic.

I'm going back and forth on that idea now, while I think it would totally generate traffic I don't feel like getting into a pissing match on Twitter LOL, that would totally be time consuming. It would be cool though if there was a way to do a plug-in and just divert traffic here as opposed to having to engage with people on Twitter.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
I know a lot of people won't agree but I wish more people from the left would post here, I kind of miss arguing, no idea how to get them to register though since a lot of them can only tolerate their POV which is why they post on safe boards that suppress an opposing POV.

But nothing's stopping them from registering and posting here, other than their own cowardliness.

apres moi, le deluge

• Oh snap!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
I'm going back and forth on that idea now, while I think it would totally generate traffic I don't feel like getting into a pissing match on Twitter LOL, that would totally be time consuming. It would be cool though if there was a way to do a plug-in and just divert traffic here as opposed to having to engage with people on Twitter.

Whoever runs the Twitter page wouldn't have to reply to negative comments.  Just tweet what's happening at CC.  People, like myself, would RT the newest tweet.  And so on and so on.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
Whoever runs the Twitter page wouldn't have to reply to negative comments.  Just tweet what's happening at CC.  People, like myself, would RT the newest tweet.  And so on and so on.

Sent you a PM.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »
A member already posted here - mamacags.

Ah yes, mamacags, my amore e lussuria del cuore.

Where's she been, though?  She upset with us?
apres moi, le deluge

• Oh snap!
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 06:59:49 PM »
Ah yes, mamacags, my amore e lussuria del cuore.

Where's she been, though?  She upset with us?

No, she's around.  She commented on my small rant on Facebook.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »
I found this place through a link at Ed Morrisey's old home, Captain's Quarters. Lurked anonymously for a few weeks, registered, and have been lurking ever since.  :-) The Dumpster is by far my favorite forum. You just can't make that stupidity up!!!

As for improvements, none that I can think of at the moment.

This is one of 3 sites I regularly visit, the other two being Newsbusters and Hot Air.  :lol:
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 07:05:16 PM »
I can't really remember who PMed me about CC--I think it might have been Coach.  Whoever did, I'm very glad they did.  I really couldn't stand the Ronbots over there.

What would I do to improve CC?  Lessee . . . Dutch might say something along the lines of "more boobiez" . . . and I think I'd have to agree with him. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
We aim to amuse, madam.

You certainly succeed :).

Thanks to the mods for a great board. I really enjoy being a part of this community.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
Lurked anonymously for a few weeks, registered, and have been lurking ever since.

That's always suggested, that one lurk for a while, and then register, even if at the moment one doesn't have an intention to comment.

Lurking for a while makes one familiar with the style and manners of the board and its personalities.

I lurked at freerepublic for six years before I mustered the courage to register, and it was another year before I made my first comment; I'm not a forward person.

And by being a registered member but not commenting, one sees other things on a board that a lurker doesn't.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
I found this place through a link at Ed Morrisey's old home, Captain's Quarters. Lurked anonymously for a few weeks, registered, and have been lurking ever since.  :-) The Dumpster is by far my favorite forum. You just can't make that stupidity up!!!

As for improvements, none that I can think of at the moment.

This is one of 3 sites I regularly visit, the other two being Newsbusters and Hot Air.  :lol:

Just an FYI, Noel Sheppard of Newsbusters Tweets a lot and he's so nice, he's the only celebrity who talks to me when I send him something or make a comment.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »
I can't really remember who PMed me about CC--I think it might have been Coach.

Yeah, it was I, again showing my wonderful discernment of character.

By the way, I was always curious about something--what was the origin of your former screen-name, "muddyems"?
apres moi, le deluge