Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 31121 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Hello.
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Okay.

You're right:

capable of understanding or quick to do so

I'm sure it means something else.  :whatever:

BTW, "a few amendments" =/= ALL amendments.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
BTW, the "apprehensive" statement was pertaining to you misreading 3 posts of mine thus far.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
  • Poster boy for the mentally challenged
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »
BTW, "a few amendments" =/= ALL amendments.

So, you can cherry pick the constitution?  By that standard, even Obama is a strict constitutionalist.
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
So, you can cherry pick the constitution?  By that standard, even Obama is a strict constitutionalist.

Not to get mixed up in your conversation with Reb, but how about some "plausible ignorability?" You know, that thing that all presidents practice at one time or another.

Barry's a little more obvious than most, though.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »
Not to get mixed up in your conversation with Reb, but how about some "plausible ignorability?" You know, that thing that all presidents practice at one time or another.

Barry's a little more obvious than most, though.

Sure.  And who elected him?  The American people.

And who puts up with him?  The America people.

Same people who put up with a little more "plausible ignorability" with each successive administration, until we basically have a low-rent emperor.  And the American people will CONTINUE to put up with it, as long as the television works.

This ain't your great-great-great grandaddy's America.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
Sure.  And who elected him?  The American people.

And who puts up with him?   The America people.

Same people who put up with a little more "plausible ignorability" with each successive administration, until we basically have a low-rent emperor.  And the American people will CONTINUE to put up with it, as long as the television works.

This ain't your great-great-great grandaddy's America.

Not for long, Dok. His days are numbered before he goes tottering off to whatever golf course in Chicago he wants to putz with.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »
Not for long, Dok. His days are numbered before he goes tottering off to whatever golf course in Chicago he wants to putz with.

I'm not feeling very optimistic.  The GOP can't seem to get their shit in one bag, candidate-wise.  Remember that the dems thought 2004 was a shoo-in. 

No, I'm thinking The Smiler will go right on smiling until 2016.  And even if he doesn't, it's not like the next guy is suddenly going to forego all the extra juice the president's office has been accumulating since 1860.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »
I'm not feeling very optimistic.  The GOP can't seem to get their shit in one bag, candidate-wise.  Remember that the dems thought 2004 was a shoo-in. 

No, I'm thinking The Smiler will go right on smiling until 2016.  And even if he doesn't, it's not like the next guy is suddenly going to forego all the extra juice the president's office has been accumulating since 1860.

It's still early and Romney hasn't folded his cards yet.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »
It's still early and Romney hasn't folded his cards yet.

Romney is about the best chance the GOP has - at least among the current hopefuls - but he's doomed.  Most republicans won't vote for him because of the healthcare thing, some won't vote for him because he's a Mormon, and it's not like the left is going to vote for him.

The GOP had better squat and crap out a decent candidate soon.  The freaks that have announced so far have imploded one by one.  There's got to be another Reagan out there somewhere.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »

I didn't say anything about cherry-picking the Constitution. I offered my opinion on a few amendments passed AFTER the Constitution was written, amendments that I feel contradicts the US Constitution. You telling me the 17th doesn't contradict the Constitution and the founders' intent that we NOT have a strong central government, that all people be represented as well as all states? That the 16th doesn't as it allowed the creation of a progressive tax that punishes people for being successful?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »
Romney is about the best chance the GOP has - at least among the current hopefuls - but he's doomed.  Most republicans won't vote for him because of the healthcare thing, some won't vote for him because he's a Mormon, and it's not like the left is going to vote for him.

The GOP had better squat and crap out a decent candidate soon.  The freaks that have announced so far have imploded one by one.  There's got to be another Reagan out there somewhere.

Yeah, and I'm sure your pessimistic attitude will work wonders for the GOP.  :whatever:

Cain hasn't failed at a damn thing.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
I didn't say anything about cherry-picking the Constitution. I offered my opinion on a few amendments passed AFTER the Constitution was written, amendments that I feel contradicts the US Constitution. You telling me the 17th doesn't contradict the Constitution and the founders' intent that we NOT have a strong central government, that all people be represented as well as all states? That the 16th doesn't as it allowed the creation of a progressive tax that punishes people for being successful?

According to article V, amendments are part & parcel of the constitution, and directly change it.  If an amendment contradicts the original text, the amendment wins.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:27 PM »

Waterboarding and up, IMO.  The guideline we are held to by treaty (and thus by article VI of the constitution) is the Geneva Convention's definition, as listed under article 147.

Another case of chronic DUmbass..... the Geneva Convention rules do not apply to today's enemies. They fight for  no specific country. They don't wear a uniform. They may have declared war on the US and her allies, but it's a jihad or religious war. It's not as if Iran, itself, has declared war on the US, but sending in cowards to fight a coward's war. Furthermore, they are not signatories of the Geneva Convention. Of course, I'm sure that the Germans & Japanese abided by the Geneva convention, too, didn't they?? (NOT!!) Damn, dude, did you pay ANY attention in World History class??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
Yeah, and I'm sure your pessimistic attitude will work wonders for the GOP.  :whatever:

Cain hasn't failed at a damn thing.

Except the "electable" part.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
Another case of chronic DUmbass..... the Geneva Convention rules do not apply to today's enemies. They fight for  no specific country. They don't wear a uniform. They may have declared war on the US and her allies, but it's a jihad or religious war. It's not as if Iran, itself, has declared war on the US, but sending in cowards to fight a coward's war. Furthermore, they are not signatories of the Geneva Convention. Of course, I'm sure that the Germans & Japanese abided by the Geneva convention, too, didn't they?? (NOT!!) Damn, dude, did you pay ANY attention in World History class??

Pretty sure we covered the non-signatory part. 

And are you calling me a DUer?

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »
Racist.

Who mentioned race?  You sure you're not a democrat?

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:26 PM »
Who mentioned race?  You sure you're not a democrat?

:rotf:

You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 07, 2011, 05:55:41 pm

Welcome!

And it's about the Supreme Court people, if Romney gets the nomination run don't walk to vote for him.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Except the "electable" part.

I keep hearing this comment about Republicans running. They tend to come from people on the left when talking about Republican candidates.

Tell me Einstein, what makes Herman Cain unelectable?

...waiting...

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
I keep hearing this comment about Republicans running. They tend to come from people on the left when talking about Republican candidates.

Tell me Einstein, what makes Herman Cain unelectable?

...waiting...

Other than polling below Ron Paul?  

:lol:

And as for your continuing allegations that I am a leftist, well, I think we're done here.  Nice talking to you.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »
According to your little poll, NO one is electable on that list, if that's where you're getting at. The top is Romney with 17%, and Herman only 9 points back. That isn't much of a gap to close with Romney and the rest making gaffe after gaffe.

BTW, it is 2011.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
This has gone waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond a hello thread.

I wonder where Reagan polled in 1978.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
The OP is a left-wing troll, just so you know. You're wasting your time replying to "The Good Reverend Roger", "Little Billy", whatever name he's using now.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »
The OP is a left-wing troll, just so you know. You're wasting your time replying to "The Good Reverend Roger", "Little Billy", whatever name he's using now.

I think that was established a couple pages ago, but playing with trolls is fun sometimes.