Author Topic: Dear Conservative Cave Dwellers: The Car Thread? Seriously?  (Read 3386 times)

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
I didn't see this posted here. It got locked fast but still.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9691400#9691401

OmahaBlueDog  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue May-17-11 05:50 AM
Original message
Dear Conservative Cave Dwellers: The Car Thread? Seriously?

As you know, the folks over at Conservative Cave have set up a section called "The DUmpster." They copy links to DU threads, and snark at them. Now, I get that when one is talking about issue or candidate threads. But cars? I asked a question about my 2006 Taurus not starting.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,47297.0...

"primitive has problems with automobile battery"

I've got to say that I'm honored to be of interest, although I agree with their poster Franksolich that I'm no Omaha Steve (he sings Omaha Steve's praises in this thread http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=21705.0 ).

But these guys really started a thread over my car? In fact, their lives are so boring, that I got this blast of hot air from "PatriotGame."

"Douse your 'lack of scheduled maintenance' DUmmy-Mobile with gasoline, toss a lit match at it, and walk away.
You poison the environment enough just by existing. You don't deserve to own let alone drive a car. Be a good DUmmy and depend solely on public transportation, hypocrite."

:crazy:

So, by way of response

Dear Cave Dwellers:

1) When you need car repair advice over there, listen to JohnnyReb. JR said it was starter drag, and he was right. Of course, I could just be messing with your conservative heads, trying to get you to take bad advice. We Dems are sneaky that way. But no, really, it was the starter. The battery, in fact, still cranks strong, is showing no signs of sulfating, survived another Nebraska winter, and hasn't exploded.

2) My experience has been that on "maintenance free batteries", the covers over the cells (I still call them caps, but they are really covers) can generally be popped off. The cover generally goes over 4 cells, and can be lifted with a thin bladed screwdriver.

3) I have an Interstate Battery on my F-150, and it's survived Florida summers and Nebraska winters. Of course, once again, I could just be messing with you. Perhaps you'd prefer to pick up a battery at Wal-Mart...or maybe the dealer -- because the dealer, as you all know, always offers the best prices, and is completely truthful about your vehicle repair needs.

4) If you're going to represent a website by invoking the name of a Nebraska coach, use a good coach. Frank, change your screen name to TomOsborne or BobDeVaney. If you choose to keep that screen name, realize that you are doomed to do a good job, only to be replaced by a poster named BillCallahan.

5) I'm not complaining. Hell, most of the people on your site discussed the topic with some degree of seriousness. The only poster who was nasty was the one saying I should set my car on fire and that I didn't deserve to own a car. One other poster said I was too cheap to pay for dianostic tests, which is not true; I said up front the battery had been load tested.

What I don't understand is why a car thread on DU would be worth following? Didn't you guys have something better to do, like re-reading "Decision Points" or watching "The No-Spin Zone?"

Blue-Jay  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue May-17-11 05:57 AM
Response to Original message
1. Why am I supposed to give a **** about what random morons think?

MrScorpio  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue May-17-11 01:00 PM
2. You have to realize that those people are a bunch of obsessed wannabes without any real lives

Edited on Tue May-17-11 01:01 PM by MrScorpio
They all yearn to post here, but know full well that they's be TS'd in a heartbeat the second they'd start up with their shit.

They're pretty much nothing more than a bunch of pathetic, attention whoring losers.

Don't feed the trolls, Man.

Oh Yeah… IBTL!

greatauntoftriplets  DU Moderator Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list  Donate to DU!       Tue May-17-11 02:46 PM
3. We've decided to lock this thread.

It does Democratic Underground no good to draw traffic to sites like Conservative Cave.

greatauntoftriplets
DU moderator

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Dear Conservative Cave Dwellers: The Car Thread? Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
Blue-Jay  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Tue May-17-11 05:57 AM
1. Why am I supposed to give a **** about what random morons think?

That is the existential question that haunts the irrelevant minds of most  DUers.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
Wow Frank. This guy seems to be in love. Aren't you glad...doesn't it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling all over that this dude shares the same state as you?  :tongue: :fuelfire:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Regarding the BillCalahan idea, not a bad prank to pull April 1, 2012... :whistling:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »
Wow, they're getting bold over there. That's two shoutouts this week. Guess Skinner went back on vacation and left Elad in charge again.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
I say we make a game of it. Everyone start pulling threads about DUmor's personal lives. See if they'll start calling us out on a regular basis. Might even get some TS'd. One can hope. :rotf: :fuelfire:

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:48:26 PM »
Edited on Tue May-17-11 01:01 PM by MrScorpio
They all yearn to post here, but know full well that they's be TS'd in a heartbeat the second they'd start up with their shit.
:lmao:  That's some funny shit right there
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »

I post over there.  ;)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
I post over there.  ;)

But you're a full blown evil conservative and can get away with it.  What about those of conservatives that are just slight jerks? :lmao:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
^ Once upon a time, 'ol Revolution did as well. Only because I yearned to post so much did I go on a suicide run.

:sarcasm:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
It's funny how we are always "losers wasting our time on the internets" by posting on a message forum in the DUmmies' perception, but they are "handling important business" by doing the same f'ing thing at the DUmp.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
It's funny how we are always "losers wasting our time on the internets" by posting on a message forum in the DUmmies' perception, but they are "handling important business" by doing the same f'ing thing at the DUmp.

That and we only cover a minuscule percentage of the insanity they spew over there....but we have no lives, jobs but no lives.  :whistling:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

The top poster here on conservativecave has 22,000 comments.

The second-top poster here has 21,000 comments.

The most-prolific poster here has an average of 18 comments per day.

That's at latest report; I haven't checked the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, that pales in comparison with the six-digit totals the primitives run up on Skins's island.

So.....who's spending all day on the internet?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »

Anyway, that pales in comparison with the six-digit totals the primitives run up on Skins's island.

They act like it takes four hours for us to read a DUmmy thread, repost it here and comment on it. Little do they know that one can scan DUmmyland, read their thread, and repost it here in about a minute.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
They act like it takes four hours for us to read a DUmmy thread, repost it here and comment on it. Little do they know that one can scan DUmmyland, read their thread, and repost it here in about a minute.

Sometimes even less.

There's many times I'm on Skins's island just a few seconds, and stash a campfire into the boat and bring it over here.

Even before I've read the primitive comments.

Many primitives are predictable in what they're going to say, and so I get around to reading as I copy-and-paste.

Sometimes there's been surprises, but usually not.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
Man, we are dealing with sheer geniuses, all of them.  These "people" are sharp and really, really on the ball.

The Consevative Cave thread was on August 7, 2010 about a DUmp thread on August 2, 2010. :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »
Man, we are dealing with sheer geniuses, all of them.  These "people" are sharp and really, really on the ball.

The Consevative Cave thread was on August 7, 2010 about a DUmp thread on August 2, 2010. :rotf:

Well, to be fair, it is possible my fellow Nebraskan only just the past couple of days discovered the DUmpster, having been blissfully unaware of us before then.

We've been getting quite a lot of publicity on Skins's island lately, much more than we used to.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Do you predict a continuation, or DefCon? I certainly hope it's the former. I love watching.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »
Do you predict a continuation, or DefCon? I certainly hope it's the former. I love watching.  :-)

I suspect my fellow alum Skins is allowing this for a short time, in small doses only, as a pressure-valve for the primitives to let off some steam about us.

And then the lid's going to be clamped down again.

What happened Saturday night was surely exceptional--as our esteemed colleague Tucker said, it had to be the longest-living "shout-out" ever, about the DUmpster--and perhaps made Skins aware of the built-up resentment (resentment about not being able to call us by name on Skins's island).

But I have no doubt my fellow alum's going to tighten the screws again soon.

Tips for lurking primitives:

(a) "shout-outs" to conservativecave and the DUmpster are always best done on weekend nights, Saturdays the best; and

(b) circa 10:00 p.m. central time, 9:00 p.m. mountain time.

Those seem to have the longest shelf-lives.

This is because the Big Three are off for the weekend, and the moderators are stoned.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »

Indeed - Personally, I only post on a thread when I have something to add, whereas at DU, there are large numbers of primitives who seem to believe they have an informed opinion on everything, at any time of the day or night.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
Okay, I'm finally compelled to respond to my fellow Nebraskan, about points he made in his campfire.

As you know, the folks over at Conservative Cave have set up a section called "The DUmpster." They copy links to DU threads, and snark at them. Now, I get that when one is talking about issue or candidate threads. But cars? I asked a question about my 2006 Taurus not starting.

It's the fault of the primitives.

The primitives politicize everything, including their plights.

The seemingly-innocuous cooking-and-baking forum on Skins's island, for example, has lots and lots of politics in it; don't be fooled, not even for a second. 

Notice, please, in the three and a half years the DUmpster has been enlightening the world, at no time, never, has anyone disparaged any primitive in unfortunate circumstances.....unless and until that particular primitive has politicized his plight.

I give you the example of the gigantic primitive, the Las Vegas Leviathan, the "Systematic Chaos" primitive.

There's lots and lots of fat primitives, and lots and lots of somewhat overweight people on the good doctor's forum where the gigantic primitive has posted. 

No one at no time in the DUmpster has ever mocked or laughed at any of these other fat primitives, or the somewhat overweight people on the good doctor's forum; only at the gigantic primitive.

Because the gigantic primitive politicized his plight, blaming George Bush for that he had exploded into a quarter of a ton.

I haven't re-read that car-battery thread; as God knows, even franksolich doesn't want to plough through the mountains of material he's created, but if I remember correctly, somewhere along the line in that campfire, a primitive politicized car-batteries. 

I've got to say that I'm honored to be of interest, although I agree with their poster Franksolich that I'm no Omaha Steve.....

It's a courtesy to my fellow Nebraskans that I've always denied those hanging around on Skins's island the designation as a "primitive," including even my fellow Nebraskan (although a femme) who lives down alongside the Platte river, who has trouble setting herself down on the commode.

Nebraskans are so far and few between, so sui generis, that none of those on Skins's island can possibly fit the rabid hysterical lynch-mob-driven primitives of all the other 49 states.

My affection for OmahaSteve is simply because he's a Nebraskan.  A pretty stupid one, to be sure, but one of mine nonetheless.  His girly-man, touchy-feeling, "compassionate, nurturing" ways are nauseous, but then on the other hand provoke a weird sort of admiration.

How such a creature manages to survive in what has been called "the most masculine city" in the United States, is a source of wonder, and I'd like to learn how he does it.

(note: "masculine" NOT as defined by the angry feminists or women's-libbers, but "masculine" in the sense of robust, strong, virile, hearty, vigorous, hale.)

Also, OmahaSteve, like 99.9999% of all Nebraskans, urban and rural both (franksolich himself has been both, even living in Omaha for a couple of years), has probably seen, up close and first-hand, two phenomenae franksolich, who spent his childhood and adolescence in central Nebraska, has never seen; OmahaSteve has probably seen a live rattlesnake and a real tornado, probably both of them.

franksolich has never seen such things, and would like to know what OmahaSteve thinks of them.

It's just the usual standard customary habitual Nebraska curiosity about things.

When you need car repair advice over there, listen to JohnnyReb.....

There's no shortage of competent automotive experts on conservativecave, but my good friend John, from South Carolina, is one of the best. 

If you're going to represent a website by invoking the name of a Nebraska coach.....

franksolich was using the name "franksolich" when the real Frank Solich was an obscure assistant football coach, like circa 1995.

This was right after I had returned from wandering around the socialist paradises of the workers and peasants, and the internet was just starting up.  At first, as a screen-name, I wanted to use my real name (bad choice, but the internet was new yet, and everybody was naive about using it), but my real name wasn't available.

As it turned out, my best friend (an attorney in Omaha, but a rather modest and unassuming one) had already co-opted my real name, for his own purposes.  I never did learn what those purposes were, or are, but given he is who he is, it's all copacetic with me.

Desperate for a name suggestive of character, principle, integrity, my eyes fell upon a news-story in the Omaha World-Herald about a then-obscure assistant football coach; the name "franksolich" immediately attracted me, being suggestive of those very noble traits, and so I swiped it.

(For the record, franksolich--and it's been my screen-name wherever I've been on the internet, since 1995--has never at any time misrepresented himself as the real thing, and in fact avoids commenting upon football and other sports as much as possible, so as to not give any such misimpression.)

What I don't understand is why a car thread on DU would be worth following?

Some primitive--not necessarily the original poster, my fellow Nebraskan--interjected politics into car batteries, if I recall correctly.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »
The primitives have no idea how many of us post over there nor our manipulations of the threads exposing their true colors. Although, sometimes I do hope that it is other moles egging my mole on when it gets really crazy.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
The day I take advice from a primitive is the day pigs fly.
I'm glad that the primitives like us so much!  :lmao:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 08:08:51 PM »
Omaha Steve is weeping.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 08:10:13 PM »
I'm glad that the primitives like us so much!  :lmao:

If that had been a primitive whining about us, I wouldn't have wasted the wear-and-tear on the keyboard with such volume of wordage.

But because it was a fellow Nebraskan, I extended a special courtesy.
apres moi, le deluge