Author Topic: the scam that rocked the internet  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: the scam that rocked the internet
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »
Money. The Andyscam came in the immediate aftermath of Bev Harris's fabulously successful fleecing of not just the DUmp, but the entire moonbat universe. The round red homo, like all the "election reform" people, was a grifter. Poor, stupid Beth Ferrari was starting on the road to destitution, paved with Doug's drugs. The DUmp was still enraged by Dubya's Rove-engineered victory in Ohio. Finally, the DUmbasses had just begun to feel the humiliation of the Bev swindle, and she and the homo were at war with one another. Andyscam caught the DUmbasses on the rebound. The stars were aligned.

At least, that's how I remember it. 

Sounds like a crime right there.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
Sounds like a crime right there.

The way GOBUCKS described it seems pretty much "why" it happened.

There was no crime, though, other than omission of registering, &c., &c., &c., small potatoes.

The second-biggest crime was a moral crime, Doug's stupid ex-wife lying to the primitives.

The biggest crime in the Scamdal was just the sheer mind-boggling stupidity of it all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
The way GOBUCKS described it seems pretty much "why" it happened.

There was no crime, though, other than omission of registering, &c., &c., &c., small potatoes.

The second-biggest crime was a moral crime, Doug's stupid ex-wife lying to the primitives.

The biggest crime in the Scamdal was just the sheer mind-boggling stupidity of it all.

Still, that whole thing was shady, legal or not.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »
Still, that whole thing was shady, legal or not.

Yes, indeed it was; questionable from the start.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
Yes, indeed it was; questionable from the start.

That's what is the impression I got. It was the biggest scandal I have seen to date.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
That's what is the impression I got. It was the biggest scandal I have seen to date.

Since Doug's stupid ex-wife's prank brought down much ill-will, distrust, and general bad feelings about Skins's island, many have wondered why my fellow alum never exiled her from the island, having done so much damage to its good name.

But then one has to pause and remember why Skins's island exists; to identify, attract, and sequester the weirder fringes of the Democrat party, so they're hidden from much of the general public, and hence can't do too much damage to the reputation of the Democrat party itself.

Imagine, for example, the damage Pedro Picasso, the "Atman" primitive, could do to the Democrat party and its candidates if free to wander around the internet, instead of being cooped up on Skins's island.

My fellow alum Skins probably doesn't care much for Doug's stupid ex-wife, personally, but he's doing his job, keeping her on Skins's island, hidden out of sight, rather than running amok on the whole internet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
Since Doug's stupid ex-wife's prank brought down much ill-will, distrust, and general bad feelings about Skins's island, many have wondered why my fellow alum never exiled her from the island, having done so much damage to its good name.

But then one has to pause and remember why Skins's island exists; to identify, attract, and sequester the weirder fringes of the Democrat party, so they're hidden from much of the general public, and hence can't do too much damage to the reputation of the Democrat party itself.

Imagine, for example, the damage Pedro Picasso, the "Atman" primitive, could do to the Democrat party and its candidates if free to wander around the internet, instead of being cooped up on Skins's island.

My fellow alum Skins probably doesn't care much for Doug's stupid ex-wife, personally, but he's doing his job, keeping her on Skins's island, hidden out of sight, rather than running amok on the whole internet.

Gees. I wonder what other scams Doug's ex-wife has and is involved in.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Gees. I wonder what other scams Doug's ex-wife has and is involved in.

Taking advantage of her elderly and vulnerable maternal ancestress.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2011, 12:22:38 PM »
I'm not sure about that. As far as swindles go, the Andyscam was probably small potatoes compared to the loot Bev Harris's Black Box Voting scam generated. The vast majority of the money reportedly contributed to the round red homo never existed. The Andyscam was just a lot more imaginative and entertaining.

Silverfish! Dust bunnies! Pitt doubts! Pitt threats! Termite eating wood! Lost checks! Breaking into Johns Hopkins! "Politicize my plight!" Baseball bats!
PayPal intervention! Lurking freepers! Baltimore Orioles owner!

Today's DUmp is a dull, pale loony bin by comparison.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2011, 12:23:17 PM »
Mail room ninjas...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »
You have to admire how completely the DUmmies were duped! Because the hospital in the late red round one's own back yard (not the one with the silverfish) was so successful with it's pancreatic cancer protocols that other hospitals (including JH) adopted them. Thus he could have saved wear and tear on his poor pancreas (all those dinners, barhopping, and gallivanting his way across the country to JH, where supposedly a check was waiting in the mail room) and had life saving surgery in Seattle.

Or, had his very special primary care doctor, who deferred to the late red round one in making the decision about where to get treatment, just referred him to JH (they even have a web form for this) admittance wouldn't have been a problem and WA medicaid would've picked up the tab. There isn't a hospital in this country who would tell a dying man to pay upfront for life-saving surgery. At the very least they'd refer him to a hospital that takes charity cases.

Thus they deserved their fleecing!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
Six years already?  Wow.

According to DU, I "killed" Andy just yesterday.

I was part of that "death Squad" as well.  Once we determined that they all were indeed guilty of mail fraud (among other things) the long knives came out.  It was pure theater for a while.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »
You mean DistressedAmerican, the one who openly bragged about sleeping with his sister?

I liked DA.  He was very entertaining ... in a moronic sadistic sad kind of way.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »
You have to admire how completely the DUmmies were duped! Because the hospital in the late red round one's own back yard (not the one with the silverfish) was so successful with it's pancreatic cancer protocols that other hospitals (including JH) adopted them. Thus he could have saved wear and tear on his poor pancreas (all those dinners, barhopping, and gallivanting his way across the country to JH, where supposedly a check was waiting in the mail room) and had life saving surgery in Seattle.

That's where the late red round one did in fact have surgery in February 2005, two months before the Scamdal was launched.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a "Whipple" was done there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
That's where the late red round one did in fact have surgery in February 2005, two months before the Scamdal was launched.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a "Whipple" was done there.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »

You know, that perked up my nostrils, this "Whipple" business.

It just seemed suspicious, that so many of the primitives knew so much about the "Whipple" procedure for pancreatic cancer, whereas proponents of open and honest fund-raising had to scramble all over the place, researching it.

It didn't ring right, the primitives knowing more than decent and civilized people did.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
You know, that perked up my nostrils, this "Whipple" business.

It just seemed suspicious, that so many of the primitives knew so much about the "Whipple" procedure for pancreatic cancer, whereas proponents of open and honest fund-raising had to scramble all over the place, researching it.

It didn't ring right, the primitives knowing more than decent and civilized people did.
That's where the imperious DUmmy flyarm, Arlene Martinez, came in. Flyarm, now a star among the smug snots at OET, was a technical expert on all aspects of the surgery, and insisted it could only be done in Baltimore. It was her opportunity to brag about an acquaintance with a bona fide tycoon, Peter Angelos, owner of the Baltimore Orioles. It was the kind of opportunity Pam Dawson would kill for. I wonder if he ever heard of the scam.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »
That's where the imperious DUmmy flyarm, Arlene Martinez, came in. Flyarm, now a star among the smug snots at OET, was a technical expert on all aspects of the surgery, and insisted it could only be done in Baltimore. It was her opportunity to brag about an acquaintance with a bona fide tycoon, Peter Angelos, owner of the Baltimore Orioles. It was the kind of opportunity Pam Dawson would kill for. I wonder if he ever heard of the scam.

The primitives' knowledge of the "Whipple" seemed, well, so "rehearsed," as if they'd been briefed on the subject beforehand.

There was a precedent for this, a couple of months before the Scamdal.  The brouhuahua over Bev Harris had died down by late winter 2005, but she was still being discussed muchly in the obscure "election reform" forum on Skins's island, by the usual culprits.

I was struck by that all of them were throwing around obscure legal terms in Latin, as if they'd been personally taught by Julius Caesar or Marcus Aurelius, and had been speaking Latin all their lives.

But upon later examination, it was obvious the primitives were merely re-quoting each other.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline JLO

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:28 PM »
Money. The Andyscam came in the immediate aftermath of Bev Harris's fabulously successful fleecing of not just the DUmp, but the entire moonbat universe. The round red homo, like all the "election reform" people, was a grifter. Poor, stupid Beth Ferrari was starting on the road to destitution, paved with Doug's drugs. The DUmp was still enraged by Dubya's Rove-engineered victory in Ohio. Finally, the DUmbasses had just begun to feel the humiliation of the Bev swindle, and she and the homo were at war with one another. Andyscam caught the DUmbasses on the rebound. The stars were aligned.

At least, that's how I remember it. 

Great recap!   :cheersmate:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline JLO

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »

The Andyscam was just a lot more imaginative and entertaining.

Silverfish! Dust bunnies! Pitt doubts! Pitt threats! Termite eating wood! Lost checks! Breaking into Johns Hopkins! "Politicize my plight!" Baseball bats!
PayPal intervention! Lurking freepers! Baltimore Orioles owner!

Today's DUmp is a dull, pale loony bin by comparison.

Yes indeed!  Cooking and baking group trumps.   :tongue: :rotf:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2011, 06:18:42 AM »
Yes indeed!  Cooking and baking group trumps.   :tongue: :rotf:

Have you been there lately?

Are they back to acting their normal usual selves, the primitives in the cooking and baking forum?

In another couple of threads, I described the phenomenon noticed by Margaret Mead, that primitives who have no idea they're being observed act naturally, while primitives who know they're being observed, act for the observer rather than naturally.

franksolich doesn't like it any more than Margaret Mead did.

So I decided to take a temporary vacation from observing the primitives, until they forget franksolich ever existed, and get back to acting their natural and instinctive primitivity.  Given the short-term memories of the primitives, I figure in about three weeks, they'll forget I ever looked at them, or who the Hell franksolich is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Have you been there lately?

Are they back to acting their normal usual selves, the primitives in the cooking and baking forum?
At the cooking group you can hear the squeaky voices of tiny tree frogs, and crickets, and the almost imperceptible rustle of little roach feet in Mrs. Packer's grim Stalinist kitchen. The hateful old crones have fled, and the board gets maybe a couple of threads a day, all from anonymous, faceless unterprimitiven.
No pie shop updates. No huge baking projects to extort social security checks from the nursing home inmates. No unpronounceable, googled foreign cheeses claimed wth familiarity. The place is as desolate as an inner-city Detroit shopping plaza.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
At the cooking group you can hear the squeaky voices of tiny tree frogs, and crickets, and the almost imperceptible rustle of little roach feet in Mrs. Packer's grim Stalinist kitchen. The hateful old crones have fled, and the board gets maybe a couple of threads a day, all from anonymous, faceless unterprimitiven.
No pie shop updates. No huge baking projects to extort social security checks from the nursing home inmates. No unpronounceable, googled foreign cheeses claimed wth familiarity. The place is as desolate as an inner-city Detroit shopping plaza.

Damn the pesky paranoia of the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

Actually, he had a stent put in. It was one of those bills he scanned to "prove" he had cancer and tried to redact it. It's really pretty much stupid Beth's fault, though. She took the ball and ran with it and the round one saw an opportunity. One of the things that perfectly represented the scamdal was the music threads. flyarm would post lyrics and they'd all pretend she was singing.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
Actually, he had a stent put in. It was one of those bills he scanned to "prove" he had cancer and tried to redact it. It's really pretty much stupid Beth's fault, though. She took the ball and ran with it and the round one saw an opportunity. One of the things that perfectly represented the scamdal was the music threads. flyarm would post lyrics and they'd all pretend she was singing.

Well, there's no doubt the late red round one was suffering from cancer, though.

Everybody saw his certificate of death; the "primary cause" was infection, the "secondary cause" was something I forget, and the "tertiary cause" was pancreatic cancer.

But that still begs the original question.

The original question remains: why the attempted scam by Doug's stupid ex-wife some months after the late red round one knew he was dying of cancer, and that there was no hope?

Of course the late red round one was posting on Skins's island during the Scamdal, but remember two characteristics of his posts--(a) most of them were not related to the "fund-raiser" and (b) those times his comments were related to the "fund-raiser," they were shallow and superficial in nature, as if he wasn't too enthusiastic about saying what he was saying (i.e., as if he found it nuisancesome, but a favor he had to give).

I dunno about the bill from February, from the hospital in Seattle, but the "checks" and "receipts" were the craftsmanship of Fat Che and the sensitive lad, the piano-playing primitive.  Images manufactured out of thin air.

And recall, madam, that the accounting office at Johns Hopkins Hospital was approached during the summer of 2005 with the images, their response being, "Those aren't the sort of cash receipts we issue here."

And of course our "foliage expert" had inquired of banks about the "checks," and the banks said, nope, they were missing some vital information on them, and so were obviously fakes.
apres moi, le deluge