Author Topic: Trip - You and Yellowstone  (Read 60957 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: Trip - You and Yellowstone
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Is that the Prairie in the background of the second picture?

I don't remember, it might be.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
Any day now...... it's happening.     :yawn:

PM me, I have an email funny for you.

:-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2011, 12:09:48 AM »
Is that the Prairie in the background of the second picture?

About 3 months ago our contact got ordered to move from Salt Lake City, with his position at Univeristy of Utah, to Houston Texas, where the Yellowston monitoring was to be done. That increased distance from Yellowstone makes actual field work all that much more difficult to do, but it does put the geologists with the data access that was arranged in February of this year, as a result of last January's increased activity.

Within the last month there has been a further lock-down of information coming out.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »
Maybe we can continue this discussion at a later date.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
I have a feeling this link may be relevant

Trip??????
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:44:07 AM by Crazy Horse »
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2012, 01:00:02 AM »
I have a feeling this link may be relevant

Trip??????

So let me understand this...

You think an article addressing clearly non-seismic events, ones I never pointed out at any point, somehow undermines legit seismic events?

I can point out the regular daily arrival of the track vehicles at YMR Madison River site in the middle of winter, or the cracking of ice and snow at midday at several seismic stations, or the startup of the generator at the LKWY station resulting in "pipe cleaner" signatures, none of which have anything to do with any legitimate seismic event that I or other geologists have focused upon.

And similarly, none of these serve to undermine the real data, and conclusions.

Using anthropogenic events or natural non-geologic events, that aren't even the point of my own and other geologist's consideration, does not serve to undermine the undeniable increase in Yellowstone activity that even YVO has recognized since 2003. And incidentally, that uplift is still continuing...

But it was a valiant effort...

However next time you might want to consider focusing on actual geologic events. Your link is actually "irrelevant", not "relevant".

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »
My kind of "uplift".

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Should I get volcano insurance?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
Should I get volcano insurance?

Naww, but a one-time investment in cheap particulate masks, and maybe some cheesecloth to wrap around your auto's intake, wouldn't hurt, and is far better than any sort of insurance.

But if you're east of the Mississippi, it probably would not be necessary in any event.

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »

Incidentally you might note that Houston, Texas, where the Yellowstone data and personnel have all be curiously relocated, is right on the margin of the southern lobe of that of that historic ash fallout. 

I question whether this is a matter of coincidence... but I'm sure everyone will reach their own conclusions based on their preconceptions.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »

Incidentally you might note that Houston, Texas, where the Yellowstone data and personnel have all be curiously relocated, is right on the margin of the southern lobe of that of that historic ash fallout.  

Ummm...no it's not.

http://www.tetonwyo.org/em/docs/images/yellowstone_ash_cover.jpg

Unless of course you now want to sugges that somehow the Teton County Emergency Management Agency is in on the "conspiracy".

I question whether this is a matter of coincidence... but I'm sure everyone will reach their own conclusions based on their preconceptions.

I feel sure you were looking in the mirror when you typed that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »

Ummm...no it's not.

http://www.tetonwyo.org/em/docs/images/yellowstone_ash_cover.jpg

Unless of course you now want to sugges that somehow the Teton County Emergency Management Agency is in on the "conspiracy".

I feel sure you were looking in the mirror when you typed that.

That's not still the "periphery" of the ash falllout? I'm quite certain that it is. And well beyond the kill-zone of the volcano's eruption. Somehow you imagined that by "periphery" i was indicating that no ash historically fell there? Quite obviously, even by the map I provided, Houston is not well outside of the ashfall.

Once again you're troubled by English language.

Do you really think I didnt know there are more expansive maps showing a further extent to the ashfall? What I provided was a map to delineate the significant ash fallout. Obviously the further one gets from the source (Yellowstone), the thinner that fallout will be.

And again, there's no "conspiracy" involved in any of this. The decision to contract for fiber cables to move the data and have it accessible in Houston, came about from a telecomm meeting held from Yellowstone, with Washington officials on February 2, 2011, which was the end of a week of seismic refraction work,  done with more than 8 feet of snow on the ground. Those seismic charges have to be anchored in the ground. By the time that meeting was underway, the technicians involved in the survey were already back at the offices in U of Utah, and were conspicuously silent about the survey work done.  How do I know this? The wife of the contact also is a scientist employed at U of Utah. But again, I reference you back to Obama's "Scientific Integrity" memorandum, and the hold it puts on all those even remotely involved in government-sponsored science.

The policy covers all departmental employees when they engage in, supervise or manage scientific activities, analyze and/or publicly communicate information resulting from scientific activities, or use this information or analyses in making agency policy, management or regulatory decisions. It also covers all contractors, cooperators, partners, volunteers, and permitees who assist with scientific activities.

You might be surprised to learn that this "integrity" amounts to a thorough gag order, even rigorously applied to those who are not even remotely associated with scientific findings or data collection itself...  even subcontractors who only repair those track rigs needed to negotiation 8 feet of snow, repaired at a remote USGS contracted facility.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:21:52 AM by Trip »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2012, 02:17:54 AM »
That's not still the "periphery" of the ash falllout? I'm quite certain that it is.

No you moron...the "periphery" is out in the Gulf of Mexico...not even the Houston Ship Channel is close to the edge of the ash zone in that map.

That map clearly contradicts your conspiracy that USGS personnell have been moved to a safer location.

Thank you for once again proving that you will lash out at anyone and defy anything resembling logic or a difference of opinion to continue to convine yourself you're the smartest guy in the room.

pe·riph·er·y   /pəˈrɪfəri/ Show Spelled[puh-rif-uh-ree] Show IPA
noun, plural pe·riph·er·ies. 
1. the external boundary of any surface or area.

Shreveport , La.  and Marshall, Texas are closer to the periphery of the ash boundary than Houston.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2012, 02:39:21 AM »
No you moron...the "periphery" is out in the Gulf of Mexico...not even the Houston Ship Channel is close to the edge of the ash zone in that map.

That map clearly contradicts your conspiracy that USGS personnell have been moved to a safer location.

Thank you for once again proving that you will lash out at anyone and defy anything resembling logic or a difference of opinion to continue to convine yourself you're the smartest guy in the room.

pe·riph·er·y   /pəˈrɪfəri/ Show Spelled[puh-rif-uh-ree] Show IPA
noun, plural pe·riph·er·ies.  
1. the external boundary of any surface or area.

Shreveport , La.  and Marshall, Texas are closer to the periphery of the ash boundary than Houston.

Well, no, the "periphery" does not mean entirely outside the "external boundary". You're picking nits and doing so when it's not even relevant. (And good luck finding a significant university system in Texas, south of Houston.)

"Periphery" actually means "the outer limits or edge of an area or object." I am pretty sure that anyone can recognize that Houston, Texas is at the "outer limits" of the  Lava Creek Eruption ashfall, at 1,100 miles away from Yellowstone.

But that Lava Creek eruption wasn't even the biggest ashfall from Yellowstone. The Huckleberry Ridge eruption, 2.1 Mya, had 2.5 times the volume of Lava Creek. It just did not have prevailing winds carry the ash as far.

Lash out? Oh yea with the sensitive skin, and calling other's "moron", when he imagines that the founders ignored "unalienable rights" when they drew up the Constitution!  Yew a very amusing guy!  You should actually be reading books, rather than jousting with others so unarmed. Logic? You're gonna hurt yourself.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:49:04 AM by Trip »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
(And good luck finding a significant university system in Texas, south of Houston.)

I'm sure the folks with Texas A&M would have an issue with the above statement.

http://www.tamucc.edu/

http://www.tamuk.edu/

http://www.tamiu.edu/

And the University of Texas would be dismayed with your statement as well Chip.

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-pan-american

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-medical-branch-galveston

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-brownsville

All of those are part of the University of Texas and Texas A&M system.  Anyone with a pulse considers those two universities "significant".

"Periphery" actually means "the outer limits or edge of an area or object." I am pretty sure that anyone can recognize that Houston, Texas is at the "outer limits"

No.  Again you're wrong.  Houston is significantly inland from what would be considered the "outer limits" on the map I posted.  Galveston is closer to being on the "periphery" by your definition.

See Drip...this is what happens when you start spouting off consipracy theories and making patently false statements about places you've obviously never been to...to people who are from the state in which you're making the statements about.

YOU end up looking like more of a foolish assclown than you already are.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:56:09 AM by txradioguy »

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2012, 04:18:25 AM »

I'm sure the folks with Texas A&M would have an issue with the above statement.

http://www.tamucc.edu/

http://www.tamuk.edu/

http://www.tamiu.edu/

And the University of Texas would be dismayed with your statement as well Chip.

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-pan-american

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-medical-branch-galveston

http://www.utsystem.edu/institutions/university-texas-brownsville

All of those are part of the University of Texas and Texas A&M system.  Anyone with a pulse considers those two universities "significant".

Wow, you are one desperate guy. We're not talking about "significant university basket weaving"

What we're talkign about is having a significant geosciences department, and one involved even with post-graduate programs. Ya know geosciences, geology,  volcanoes?

The closest Brownsville comes is the "Chemistry and Environmental Sciences" department. They have two undergrad courses vaguely attached to geology, one being oceanography, and the other being "physical geology". That  obviously  doesn't cut it ( I am talking about "obvious" to me, but apparently not to you)

I am beyond amused that you would go off and pull those references and believe you're actually making a relevant argument.   (Next thing we'll do is have a discussion about "significant", I'm sure).

No.  Again you're wrong.  Houston is significantly inland from what would be considered the "outer limits" on the map I posted.  Galveston is closer to being on the "periphery" by your definition.

See Drip...this is what happens when you start spouting off consipracy theories and making patently false statements about places you've obviously never been to...to people who are from the state in which you're making the statements about.

YOU end up looking like more of a foolish assclown than you already are.

"OH, if ONLY Houston had been built out to sea,  like Atlantis, I might be correct!"  :rotf:

Wingnut, "periphery" does not mean "outside" the boundary, but at the  outer edges, and it is not a precise term that anyone but a mental midget would choose to split hairs over. Houston is clearly on the periphery of the Lava Creek eruption

Once again, this has nothing to do with any sort of  conspiracy, but rather facts. I've not asserted any conspiracy whatsoever, and have only indicated that Houston, Texas is a strange place to relocate those studying Yellowstone  volcanism.

Seriously, you should go back to fishing for navel lint. This is just making you look desperate to make a point, even at the expense of your own dignity...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:30:39 AM by Trip »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2012, 04:32:07 AM »
Wow, you are one desperate guy. We're not talking about "significant university basket weaving"

What we're talkign about is having a significant geosciences department, and one involved even with post-graduate programs. Ya know geosciences, geology,  volcanoes?

The closest Brownsville comes is the "Chemistry and Environmental Sciences" department. They have two undergrad courses vaguely attached to geology, one being oceanography, and the other being "physical geology". That  obviously  doesn't cut it ( I am talking about "obvious" to me, but apparently not to you)

I am beyond amused that you would go off and pull those references and believe you're actually making a relevant argument.   (Next thing we'll do is have a discussion about "significant", I'm sure).

"OH, if ONLY Houston had been built out to sea,  like Atlantis, I might be correct!"  :rotf:

Wingnut, "periphery" does not mean "outside" the boundary, but at the  outer edges, and it is not a precise term that anyone but a mental midget would choose to split hairs over. Houston is clearly on the periphery of the Lava Creek eruption

Once again, this has nothing to do with any sort of  conspiracy, but rather facts. I've not asserted any conspiracy whatsoever, and have only indicated that Houston, Texas is a strange place to relocate those studying Yellowstone  volcanism.

Seriously, you should go back to fishing for navel lint. This is just making you look desperate to make a point, even at the expense of your own dignity...

This folks...is classic desperation from a troll who has backed itself into a corner it can't get out of.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:35 AM »

Trip:   :panic:  The square is blue... the square is blue....  :panic:

Reality:   Uh, dude -  I'm pretty sure it's red. 

Trip:   I never said it wasn't red.  You don't understand what I said in super secret squirrel geologist language.   I clearly meant the conditions are right for it to turn blue.  blah blah blah  I am a genius.   You are a moron.   blah blah blah

... and so it goes....

TRG you would be much better served doing this  :banghead:

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2012, 04:45:53 AM »

This folks...is classic desperation from a troll who has backed itself into a corner it can't get out of.

Hahaahaahaa!

"backed into a corner"  over parsing of "periphery" and what constitutes a reasonably equipped geology institution for PhDs

:rotf:

What, no navel lint biting today?

You just cannot resist the ad hominem attacks can you? In the absence of any substance, just fling anything in hopes that it sticks.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:10 AM »
Hahaahaahaa!

"backed into a corner"  over parsing of "periphery"

You did the parsing Drip...after I gave you a brief geography lesson of the state of texas and provided a coverage map that disproved your little conspiracy theory.

You're the one backpeddling.

and what constitutes a reasonably equipped geology institution for PhDs

Yes that was quite a beautiful red herring you threw up there after I proved your "no significant university system south of Houston" claim.

Always the qualifiers after your bullsit is shown for what it is.

Why is that Chip?

You just cannot resist the ad hominem attacks can you? In the absence of any substance, just fling anything in hopes that it sticks.

100% pure projection.  

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:10:54 AM by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2012, 05:08:28 AM »

TRG you would be much better served doing this  :banghead:

Last year you'd have been right former...now I'm having fun exposing this blowhard for the arrogant pompus know nothing he really is.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »
"OH, if ONLY Houston had been built out to sea,  like Atlantis, I might be correct!"

You do realize that the channel that connects the cith of Houston to the Gulf of Mexico is 50 mile long dont you?

Don't you Chip?

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2012, 05:48:45 AM »
You do realize that the channel that connects the cith of Houston to the Gulf of Mexico is 50 mile long dont you?

Don't you Chip?

You don't recognize tongue-in-cheek any more so than you do "periphery".

This is just ... sad.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »
You don't recognize tongue-in-cheek any more so than you do "periphery".

This is just ... sad.

I recognize backpeddle and spin...I'm watching you do it now Chip.

THAT is sad.

Offline Trip

• Spectemur Agendo
  • Banned
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2012, 06:03:26 AM »
I recognize backpeddle and spin...I'm watching you do it now Chip.

THAT is sad.

I dont have to back-peddle on the fact that Houston is located on the periphery of the lobate ashflow from Yellowstone's Lava Creek eruption..

....  nor have I done any.

But you keep digging, desperately hoping to find that one bone. "It's gotta be here somewhere!"  :lmao:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:18:42 AM by Trip »