Author Topic: Woman With Gun Storms North Carolina TV Station, Halting News Broadcast  (Read 4166 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Woman With Gun Storms North Carolina TV Station, Halting News Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
No I don't own a Gun, I also don't have plans too.

The right one could be the difference between crazy people go into buildings and doing things such as this.

Honestly, what would the "right" one be? What law could there be that isn't there now? I live in the country. If I had to call 911 and wait for the cops to get here (which could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on which part of the county they're in because our "local" police are the county sheriffs) I'd be dead. And if you call and tell them (or rangers or animal regulation) you have a skunk or raccoon or even a coyote threatening your livestock and can they please take care of it, they're going to laugh their asses off. We do for ourselves by necessity.

This doesn't just apply to country people, though. I have a 92 year old nana that means the world to me. She lives in a rather bad neighborhood. She's fiercely independent and has no intention of moving out of her home. She also has one of those buttons around her neck that she can push to get help "right away". Goody. They might be able to get there in 5 minutes. Of course it takes much less time than that to shoot her. Good thing she grew up on a farm and knows how to shoot herself.

People have every right to NOT own guns. But I'll keep my shotgun and my pistol, thank you very much! Even if we took every single gun away from every single legal gun owner people who want one will find a way to get one. It's the person buying them legally that's bureaucratically strip-searched just to obtain something guaranteed in the constitution.

Besides, if making something illegal made a difference then we wouldn't have a crack problem because last time I checked there are even laws regulating the selling of ingredients that goes into its production. Last time I checked, we still have cookers, sellers, and buyers so that's working out really well.

Restricted gun rights sound all peachy & sweet to people who live in a la-la world of peace, love, and kumbaya but doesn't play out in the real world. Even IF the entire country was living like it was still the wild west (and the only places where that's the case is the inner cities where the most restrictive gun laws in the country are) it would still be violating the CONSTITUTION to take them from the citizens of this country. Don't like it, work to change the constitution through the legal channels provided by said document. Even if you argue the "well regulated militia" nonsense, the fact of the matter is the RIGHT is still there and THAT would have to be removed.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 02:16:07 PM »
Since the Supreme Court has affirmed the right to own a gun, a further argument COULD be made to REQUIRE men, from 18-45 to own guns themselves, being eligible to be part of the "well regulated militia".
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
Since the Supreme Court has affirmed the right to own a gun, a further argument COULD be made to REQUIRE men, from 18-45 to own guns themselves, being eligible to be part of the "well regulated militia".

All citizens of the US should be issued a military weapon, say a M1 Garand, trained on it's proper use and required to maintian it. Any crime committed with that weapon should carry a mandatory 25 years sentence. Murder with said weapon would carry a death sentence.

IMHO.

**** you-

dutch
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
All citizens of the US should be issued a military weapon, say a M1 Garand, trained on it's proper use and required to maintian it. Any crime committed with that weapon should carry a mandatory 25 years sentence. Murder with said weapon would carry a death sentence.

IMHO.

**** you-

dutch

:II:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »

Bet it's because you're a screaming ***** huh?

The right one could be the difference between crazy people go into buildings and doing things such as this.

You want 1 law calling for total confiscation don't you? See above.  :mental: :loser: :bird:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »
According to WSOC-TV ch#9 (the victim station), it was a middle age (my guess) black woman that wanted to express her opinion... no mention what she wanted to rant about.

She entered held a gun to her head and did whatever....and the gun wasn't loaded. It all lasted about a 1/2 hour.

Maybe she should play Russian roulette with a .40 cal Glock automatic.

If she wanted to express her opinion, there is something called YouTube. Use it. Not many people watch TV as they used to in the past.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »

IMHO.

**** you-

dutch

not under this administration, the garand debate is still raging i think.  isn't this the gun that obama is trying to destroy?  my ex had one, i hope my son inherited it...nice gun.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »
Poor people, I would like to know more about why this happened and what her motives were.

This is why we need more gun control, so people like this can't get them as easily.

Yay, another swoop and poop has come to wipe it's ass on the carpet.

:whatever:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »
not under this administration, the garand debate is still raging i think.  isn't this the gun that obama is trying to destroy?  my ex had one, i hope my son inherited it...nice gun.

What I find odd is that 0baMao( Zieg Heil) want to not allow those Garands back in country. They can only fire EIGHT rounds before having to reload, maybe nine with one in the chamber. Reloading isn't near as easy as those with a magazine. To my knowledge, they can't be turned into fully automatic weapons. They make excellent hunting rifles. They're not the standard Liberal anti-gun misnomer, " assault weapons". What on EARTH could be his beef with them. Just think as to how many modern rifles would be kept off the streets??

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:27 AM »

Son Of A Gun, another person that depends on the government to feed, cloth and shelter them, and protect them from the bad people.

Why does this poster think that they have no responsibility for their own personal security ???--Is this a case of expecting someone else to put their life on the line to save their sorry Ass in a crises.?

Are they so busy with reading all the warnings on their hair dryer, do not use in the shower etc.

Are they so bone headed that they will call 911 for a neighbor that is injured waiting for an ambulance in a bad storm while they have a car out side and could drive the neighbor to the hospital in 10 minutes but gets angry as it takes the medical care an hour to get there.??

This person must believe that the government has placed a cop in the bushes to jump out whenever they have a problem. Their own personal cop at that.

One does not just go out and buy bolt locks for their doors or put bars on their windows and sit back and feel they are safe.  How safe are they when they venture out of their home,.?

This poster has two big V's on their forehead---for double victim.