Author Topic: Sen. Murkowski halfway to victory as vote counting continues in Alaska  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Sen. Murkowski halfway to victory as vote counting continues in Alaska
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »
I still don't believe that 100,000 alaskans all spelled "murkowski" correctly.  I just don't.

Joe Miller Asks Federal Judge to Stop Alaska Senate Election Certification

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski declared herself the victor in the Alaska Senate race on Wednesday, but her Republican challenger Joe Miller took action on Thursday to stop her victory from becoming official.

An attorney for Miller on Thursday asked a federal judge for a preliminary injunction to keep state officials from certifying election results, according to reports.

Thursday's injunction modifies Miller's original lawsuit challenging how the state handled Murkowski's write-in campaign, in which Miller argued it was illegal for the state to accept write-in ballots with any kind of errors.

According to the state tally, Murkowski has a lead of about 10,400 votes. Even if the state threw out all of the write-in votes Miller's camp challenged, Murkowski would still lead by more than 2,000 votes.

However, the Miller campaign is now arguing in its injunction that the volunteers they recruited to observe the vote count did not have enough time to be properly trained because the write-in vote tally started ahead of schedule.

More

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
I still don't believe that 100,000 alaskans all spelled "murkowski" correctly.  I just don't.

I think this is just delaying the inevitable.  Both the Dems and GOP want her in office.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
a judge has halted certification . . . the plot thickens

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »
Miller Wins Reprieve…Federal Judge Halts Senate Certification

U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline(AK) ruled Friday that Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller’s challenge to the counting of write-in ballots raises “serious” legal issues and is a matter for a state court to decide.  Judge Beistline granted a temporary injunction to halt official certification of the Nov. 2 election — an action Miller is seeking — so long as Miller takes his case to the state court by Monday.
Gateway Pundit
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.