Author Topic: Green Technology -Green Tech and Solar Company Solyndra to Close One Factory, Cu  (Read 1479 times)

Offline thundley4

Solyndra Inc., a San Francisco Bay Area solar power system manufacturing company, said that it is closing one of its factories to save $60 million in capital expenditures, laying off 40 employees and letting the contracts for more than 100 temporary workers expire, according to The Los Angeles Times.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the steps were needed despite a $535-million federal loan guarantee, more than $1 billion in private equity funds and supportive visits from luminaries such as California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu and President Barack Obama.

Earlier this year, the company’s founding chief executive, Chris Gronet, stepped down and the company abandoned plans for a much-anticipated initial public offering because of difficult market conditions, The Times reported.
Solyndra filed documents in December 2009 to go public and said at the time it intended to raise $300 million in a public stock offering. Earlier this year, the company said it pulls in revenue upward of $174 million and recently received a $535 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy for a new California manufacturing facility.
Solyndra is closing down its first factory just months after opening its second, where the company said expansion will be delayed, The Times reported.
Source

I heard about this on FNC this morning. The article goes on to say that their projected output will be cut by over 1/2 of their original target. A big problem for them is that China makes a cheaper product.  I have a feeling that is going to be true for many of the "Green Energy" plans of the left.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
But I thought Green Jobstm were going to save our economy and put people back to work?   :???:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

But I thought Green Jobstm were going to save our China's economy and put their people back to work?   :???:

They are.

Offline true_blood

But I thought Green Jobstm were going to save our economy and put people back to work?   :???:
That what the imposter occupying the White House said.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Tres droll.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.