Author Topic: What are your Pet Peeves?  (Read 48469 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: What are your Pet Peeves?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »
That the letters in the abbreviation OCD are NOT in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE
TV commercials for:
rubbers
lube
vibrators
feminine hygiene  products
and
Hard On Pills
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »
Typical WOMAN!!  ::) :banghead: Be thankful that we didn't piss all over the toilet seat and lifted it instead.....

BS for that
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »
That the letters in the abbreviation OCD are NOT in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE
TV commercials for:
rubbers
lube
vibrators
feminine hygiene  products
and
Hard On Pills

I just would like to thank the stations I watch for never ever showing me a commercial for vibrators.  It was bad enough having to explain rubbers, hard on pills, feminine hygiene products, and Depends to my kids.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
I just would like to thank the stations I watch for never ever showing me a commercial for vibrators.  It was bad enough having to explain rubbers, hard on pills, feminine hygiene products, and Depends to my kids.
Oh, they aren't really explicit, but, I'm pretty sure there has been a commercial for the vibrating ring...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »
CHICS

Office drama queens/boss' pet/suckups
Male bashers
Wearing shower flip flps to work with crusty dusty feet
Tramp stamps
Wearing black ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!!
Walking barefoot in office.   I can understand under the desk but come on
Women taking forever in the takeout line with convoluted multiple orders and/or changing the order
Women chatting it up with the grocery clerk/dept store clerk.   Uh hello, you got people waiting behind you!
Julia Roberts worshipers.   Uh she is NOT beautiful, NOT a good address, and sure as Hell ain't "America's Sweetheart"
Feminazis
Way too girly girls; afraid to break a nail
Ho's.......self explanatory

DUDES

Know-it-all guys.   NO SUBJECT is outside their realm of expertise
Loud obnoxious losers.   You can find them at the sports bar, tailgating, etc.
Guys who cut/edge their lawns waaaaaaaaaay too early in the morning on weekends
Guys who never played pro sports who act like experts:   Bob Costas, Collin Cowherd, Jim Rome
Guys driving a chic car (Mini Coopers, Beetles,etc)

Some of these of course can apply to both sexes

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 05:43:49 PM »
CHICS

Office drama queens/boss' pet/suckups
Male bashers
Wearing shower flip flps to work with crusty dusty feet
Tramp stamps
Wearing black ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!!
Walking barefoot in office.   I can understand under the desk but come on
Women taking forever in the takeout line with convoluted multiple orders and/or changing the order
Women chatting it up with the grocery clerk/dept store clerk.   Uh hello, you got people waiting behind you!
Julia Roberts worshipers.   Uh she is NOT beautiful, NOT a good address, and sure as Hell ain't "America's Sweetheart"
Feminazis
Way too girly girls; afraid to break a nail
Ho's.......self explanatory

DUDES

Know-it-all guys.   NO SUBJECT is outside their realm of expertise
Loud obnoxious losers.   You can find them at the sports bar, tailgating, etc.
Guys who cut/edge their lawns waaaaaaaaaay too early in the morning on weekends
Guys who never played pro sports who act like experts:   Bob Costas, Collin Cowherd, Jim Rome
Guys driving a chic car (Mini Coopers, Beetles,etc)

Some of these of course can apply to both sexes

What if I did it?   :-)

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
What if I did it?   :-)

I'd spank you................gently

:naughty:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 06:00:40 PM »
Oh, they aren't really explicit, but, I'm pretty sure there has been a commercial for the vibrating ring...

The garbage men that throw my bins in the street after dumping them.

Stores that take back worn underware and put them back on the rack for resale. Victoria's Secrets in town was caught doing that. YUCK, and the next buyer wonders how they caught the crabs.

Wait staff that handles cash and serves your plate with the same hands.

Dirty restrooms in expensive restaurants.

Coworkers that ask personal questions and when you ask why they need to know tell you they are "Just Curious"

Doctors and nurses that go from patient to patient with out clean gloves or washing their hands.

People in some kind kind of craft on the water that throw trash overboard.

Parents that take their pre teen kids to the mall dressed like a hooker or bad boy.

People that leave their dogs chained to a dog house in the winter. GRRRR.

Puppy Mills, in the Midwest.

Lots of human activity out there that is unacceptable, Grave yards that are desecrated, on and on and on.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
Stores that take back worn underware and put them back on the rack for resale. Victoria's Secrets in town was caught doing that. YUCK, and the next buyer wonders how they caught the crabs.
Good Morning America did a story on this. I'll quote the money shot:There was flora, or bacteria, on several items.

"On this black and tan blouse we found representation of respiratory secretions, skin flora, and some fecal flora," Tierno said.

On a jacket, Tierno discovered evidence of feces, skin flora and respiratory secretions, especially in the armpit and "close to the buttocks," Tierno said.

The biggest surprise came when Tierno tested a silk blouse.

There, he said, he found vaginal organisms, yeast and more fecal germs.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 07:02:27 PM »
cell phone yappers. These are defined as those people who insist on yapping on the phone while they're driving. They're usually too wrapped up in their conversation to understand just how clueless they are about what's going on around them.

Cigarette smoke. I absolutely hate it.

Communities where everything revolves around friggin' college football/basketball/sports in general. Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ, it's just NOT THAT IMPORTANT!

People at work who think the company owes 'em a living. I've seen WAAAAAAAAY more of that than I care to.

Vehicles that have 6,000 watts of energy coursing out of 658 speakers inside them. Not only does the whole damned vehicle shake, but everything within a half a block does too. Here's a news flash for those who have invested more money in their GD car stereo than their house - not everybody wants to hear your "music", champ. And you'll be the first dumb bastard at the age of 27 who complains because your hearing is permanently damaged.

People who put every waking thought on Facebook. You're just not that important. Do us a favor and get yourself a diary and write yourself little notes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »
People who pop gum and people who interupt people with nothing important to add
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
I am pretty easy going, but I thought of another one, aside from potholes. Journalists that say half-mast, when they MEAN half staff. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »
Good Morning America did a story on this. I'll quote the money shot:There was flora, or bacteria, on several items.

"On this black and tan blouse we found representation of respiratory secretions, skin flora, and some fecal flora," Tierno said.

On a jacket, Tierno discovered evidence of feces, skin flora and respiratory secretions, especially in the armpit and "close to the buttocks," Tierno said.

The biggest surprise came when Tierno tested a silk blouse.

There, he said, he found vaginal organisms, yeast and more fecal germs.

My dryer is not hot enough to kill some of the nasty bugs, do I have to have my clothing from underware to dresses  to be dry cleaned?

When I buy at a consignment store or Good Will there is that same problem, I expect the goods to be clean but those I do wash on the 70 minute cycle of hot water-----Unless I buy a camel hair, or wool suit and that is dropped off at the dry cleaners on the way home.

Underware is something else, socks and skivies I buy in sealed plastic rap, what the hell, the sports skivies that are cut to the hip in most cases are great for every day wear.

No way will I buy underware that is hanging on a rack, unprotected from handling by others, coughed or sneezed on.

Whole new world out there in the last few years, all the Alians with no vaccations for any darn thing coming into the country, sure we have been vaccinated but when was the last time you knew of anyone tested for TB, or given a shot for Small Pox.?

What fun, you try on a shirt in a dressing room and the last person had Shingles and open sores.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
Alright... you asked for it.

- Tailgaters (not party people at football games... bad drivers)
- Snoring
- Loud stereo systems in a community
- Having to repeat myself more than once (listen the FIRST time)
- Selective hearing
- Geico commercials
- Finger prints on screens, windows, etc
- Driving too slow
- Ke$ha
- Cars that "drive" for you (see Mercedes-Benz)
- The shrill voice of Heidi Harris (Local Las Vegas talk show host who recently filled in for Jerry Doyle)
- Saying "EXCUSE ME" rudely while in a store when you could have just said "excuse me" nicely
- Men who do not hold the door open (doesn't bother me so much when women do it)
- People who drive with their brights/high beams on when it's not necessary.
- Glen Lerner (he's a lawyer in the Las Vegas/Phoenix area and his radio ads & TV commercials are very annoying)
- Not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're"
- Also not knowing the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"

There are so many more things that get under my skin. 

Don't I just sound like a fun person to hang out with?  lol
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
CELL PHONES...especially the hands free type that you can hide with longish hair. You can't tell if they are talking to you or just mentally deranged.

There can not be that many important people in the world needing to recieve that many important messeges that they need to be on their cell phones constantly.

...and just in case you're interested, I don't have one. So, if you see me jabbering to myself in the middle of the WAL-MART parking lot, go ahead and call the little men in white jackets.

I agree. Especially idiots that think they are so important they must talk on their phone while they are in the john. I'd like to take the cell phone away from them, tell the person on the other end that his buddy is busy engaging in gay sex, and then throw it down the toilet. The ones that really get me are the idiots that are talking on the phone in the checkout line at the grocery store and the conversation is soooo important they cannot be bothered to pay the bill while the rest of us are standing there waiting to get checked out. That is just flat out rude.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
non-handicapped parking in handicapped parking spots.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
Running out of beer while fishing at the farm pond.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »
It's a long swim back to the store.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
It's a long swim back to the store.

or the farmhouse.

A 10 beers-per-person rule of thumb is usually a safe estimate on quantity needed.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
People who can't finish a damn sentence before starting a new one.  A relative of my husband's is this way; she will have five or six dangling phrases going before she gets to the point of her story, by which time I could give a damn. :fuelfire:

Unsafe drivers.  Hubby, me and grandson almost got into a fiery wreck on the highway coming back to SV yesterday.  Some ****ing bitch cut in front of our car with maybe a foot to spare, while we were all traveling at 80 mph.  I KNOW she heard the horn blasting for a minute afterwards, and I hope to hell she saw me give her the  :bird:over and over again.  We really are lucky to be here in one piece today.

People who can never be on time, nor call to let you know they'll be late.  Rude, inconsiderate people in general.

Telemarketers.  I know they gotta make a living, but sheesh, everyone manages to find an angle to work off of despite the no call list.  Much better now that I turned off the landline though.

Cold or lukewarm food in a restaurant.  Crappy service in same.

People who don't understand that my cats and dogs are members of my family.

Lots of other pet peeves, but that oughta do it for now. :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:28:44 PM by Boudicca »
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »
Unsafe drivers.  Hubby, me and grandson also got into a fiery wreck on the highway coming back to SV yesterday.
:o

I almost had one a couple weeks ago.  I was driving through town on Highway 31 (doing the speed limit) when some ass in the turning lane decides he/she was going to get back into traffic without looking.  I'm glad I didn't crash into the car next to me while swerving out of her way.  I'm extra glad the horn on this new car works.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
:o

I almost had one a couple weeks ago.  I was driving through town on Highway 31 (doing the speed limit) when some ass in the turning lane decides he/she was going to get back into traffic without looking.  I'm glad I didn't crash into the car next to me while swerving out of her way.  I'm extra glad the horn on this new car works.

I had a typo for almost, typing also instead.
Drivers around here are a bunch of inattentive fools.  Same can be said for everywhere else stateside.  Germanic drivers are fast, but very good!  They pay dearly for the privilege of owning a car and driving it.  I wish we had a better testing system here to weed out the idiots.
Glad you didn't wreck. :cheersmate:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
I agree.  America is sorely lacking in driving education.  I've read about Germany's multi-tier licensing program and I think it's a good idea.  Too many people take driving for granted here.  Personally, I think everyone should be forced to drive in traffic with a manual transmission until they've mastered it, but that's just me. 

Nothing like being stuck in rush hour traffic on the interstate with a heavy clutch and a 5-speed.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
People who can't finish a damn sentence before starting a new one.  A relative of my husband's is this way; she will have five or six dangling phrases going before she gets to the point of her story, by which time I could give a damn.

My mom does that ALL THE TIME!

That's why I try to keep our phone conversations to a minimum.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.