Author Topic: MLB Playoff Thread  (Read 9345 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: MLB Playoff Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Lead off homer by Phillips sure helps! They are up 2-0 now and I will say they win 3-1.

sorry about the 7th, pal. :(  the series moves to cincy, but you have to deal with hamels.  he was the kiss of death for the dodgers in the NLCS 2 years in a row.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2010, 12:28:15 AM »
a thriller in SF.  the braves take an important game from the ****ing giants at their place.  the series moves to atlanta.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 12:30:14 AM »
a thriller in SF.  the braves take an important game from the ****ing giants at their place.  the series moves to atlanta.

A great game. The redemption of Rick Ankiel continues.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »
A great game. The redemption of Rick Ankiel continues.

was that incredible, or what?  the whole rick ankiel story should be a movie.

Offline unbiased

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Am I bitter about the Reds?  Yes.  But while watching last night's game, I came unglued at Utley's supposed hit by pitch.  I thought it missed him.  It would have been a 1-2-3 inning because none of what followed would have happened.  Check out this story I found on yahoo.  Even ESPN is trying to sweep this under the rug.  I think umpires have been so bad lately that replay is a must.  Utley even admitted the ball didn't touch him in this article!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=lc-redsphillies100810
Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:22 PM »
Rangers win!

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
Lee was just filthy tonight. The yankees got a well deserved kicking.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 10:14:35 AM »
Lee was just filthy tonight. The yankees got a well deserved kicking.

That was an incredible performance by Lee last night.  Glad they held him out & brought in Feliz to pitch the 9th.  Lee did a lot of sitting around during the 6-run top of the 9th.

I watched Game 1 at a very crowded sports bar in the Metroplex, and I've rarely seen a bar deflate like that with the miserable bullpen effort in the 8th inning.  The hair metal band got the crowd hopping soon after the game however. :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
That was an incredible performance by Lee last night.  Glad they held him out & brought in Feliz to pitch the 9th.  Lee did a lot of sitting around during the 6-run top of the 9th.

I watched Game 1 at a very crowded sports bar in the Metroplex, and I've rarely seen a bar deflate like that with the miserable bullpen effort in the 8th inning.  The hair metal band got the crowd hopping soon after the game however. :-)

I have never been much of a Baseball fan.. as a youngster I used to go to Rangers games, at Texas Ranger Stadium, before The BallPark was built.  The dot game was my favorite!

Anyway, even though I am not a baseball fan, I find myself surprisingly interested, and excited for the Rangers.  Must be the Saints fan in me.   :-)   
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »
I have never been much of a Baseball fan.. as a youngster I used to go to Rangers games, at Texas Ranger Stadium, before The BallPark was built.  The dot game was my favorite!

Anyway, even though I am not a baseball fan, I find myself surprisingly interested, and excited for the Rangers.  Must be the Saints fan in me.   :-)   

I went to a lot of games at old Arlington Stadium when I was in college there.  You couldn't beat $4 outfield seats.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »
I went to a lot of games at old Arlington Stadium when I was in college there.  You couldn't beat $4 outfield seats.

Spent almost every 4th out there, or on the other side of 30, by Wet N Wild.  Good times indeed.   :cheersmate:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
Spent almost every 4th out there, or on the other side of 30, by Wet N Wild.  Good times indeed.   :cheersmate:

I was in town this weekend for the TCU game, and as we were driving by on I-30, got into a discussion about fun times at the old ballpark, Wet N Wild and Six Flags.  Yes, good times. :hi5:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
Rangers do it again 10-3 despite Darren Oliver's worst efforts! Might clinch tonight if Wilson pitches like he did against the Rays and the bullpen doesn't blow up like they did last time he started on the mound.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 08:36:38 AM »
Rangers do it again 10-3 despite Darren Oliver's worst efforts! Might clinch tonight if Wilson pitches like he did against the Rays and the bullpen doesn't blow up like they did last time he started on the mound.

One can only hope. :hi5:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
One can only hope. :hi5:

I don't want to think about it.  Everyone is walking around not talking about it, but they are thinking about it for sure. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »
I don't want to think about it.  Everyone is walking around not talking about it, but they are thinking about it for sure. 

Yeah, I'm not exactly in a sea of Rangers fans but I'm not talking about it either until it happens.  3:00 today hopefully.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »
I can't believe they did call fan interference on that shot from Cano in the 1st. The guy intentionally slapped DOWN on Cruz's glove. He wasn't going after the ball.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
My Texas Rangers are in the World Series!  :hi5: :cheersmate:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:38 PM »
good for you!  we dodger fans are nearly suicidal over the prospect of the giants making it to the world series.

I have a whole thread ready to go if they do, it's called, "The playoff system is flawed!  MLB needs a BCS system!"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 07:04:31 AM »
Well, the Game 1 matchup will be either The Freak or The Doc against Cliff Lee.  This one will be good to watch.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 07:15:41 AM »
Wow.  Just wow. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
freaking giants.  shit disturbers.  and they represent the most liberal district in the land.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
Well, the Game 1 matchup will be either The Freak or The Doc against Cliff Lee.  This one will be good to watch.

I wish the Tribe had Lee back :( But he was in a dead-end with them and it's good to see him get to this level.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
battle of the bullpens now.  I would have thought that the phils would be up a few runs by now.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
Is it just me or do I wish NEITHER team would win the Series?

I hate both teams pretty much equally.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford