Author Topic: Brennan admits Obama allows targeted assassination of Americans  (Read 15773 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Brennan admits Obama allows targeted assassination of Americans
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 10:50:29 PM »
Don't go away mad, just go away.

Lunatics outside the DUmp can have computers too? :o

Offline Cool Breeze

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Currahee
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »
One person, I don't recall if it was you, noted upthread that it is the job of the Legislative Branch to wage war, which is completely mistaken.  It is in fact the exclusive domain of the Executive, the power of the Legislative Branch is to declare war, raise armies and navies (And by interpretation, air forces and any other arms necessary) and provide for them, which essentially gives them the power of the purse to rein in the Executive, but by no means to dictate their use short of mustering a veto-proof majority to impose a statutory prohibition on hte Executive.

If you're referring to my post about EO's, you read too much into my statement and your assumptions are your own. An EO that allows assassination of an American citizen is a de facto legislative act. Problem is that EO's are never challenged, as they should be.

The Executive branch's power under Obongo is absolutely out of control. He's more like Hugo Chavez than anything I can think of.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
Lunatics outside the DUmp can have computers too? :o

Forgot about our "friend" Peter Dow already?  :-)
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:15 PM »
Forgot about our "friend" Peter Dow already?  :-)

:thatsright:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
If you're referring to my post about EO's, you read too much into my statement and your assumptions are your own. An EO that allows assassination of an American citizen is a de facto legislative act. Problem is that EO's are never challenged, as they should be.

The Executive branch's power under Obongo is absolutely out of control. He's more like Hugo Chavez than anything I can think of.

No, it was an entirely different post and the writing style was much shriller, it was either one of Javelin's or Scott's but the thread's very long and I wanted to finish the post before it got buried even deeper.  The post about Congress having the power to wage war to which I referred was pretty close to the way I paraphrased it, and was talking about the power to conduct war generally, not about the EOs or findings.

The entire findings process really comes from an era where there was not an extant state of global war as a backdrop, so it is not well-matched to the entire GWOT concept.  Thus, the way this really functions is kind of a patchwork of overlapping turf issues between State, DOD, CIA, and the NCA on the one hand who approach it as a warfare issue, and a faction that approaches it from a domestic legal perspective on the other, such as the AG, Main DOJ, and FBI Counterintelligence/Counterterrorism.  Really the abuse of power is to some accidental extent kept in check by the incredible Byzantine inefficiency of our Executive organization.

I'm certainly no fan of Obummer and his power grabs, but he just isn't as gregarious as Chavez, he is more like the personality of a Wilson combined with the capability of a Carter, plus the intelligence (cough), low cunning, and connections of a Kennedy.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »
One thing is for certain, your name fits who you are.

ESAD **** stick. He's got more class in his little finger and more military knowledge in his big toe about than you've got in your entire body.

You should just say sorry sir...and shut the **** up.

Glad to know that you agree to the murder of American citizens.  If this is what a Republican is I will treat you just as the Democrats from this day forward.  Your friggin brainwashed.

Awww look.  How sweet...we get rid of bkg and his moronic statements about our bases in France...and this d'bag comes in to take his place.

Same ****ing language and stupid accusations...different screen name.

:whatever:

I find it astonishing that you mock the need for a warrant.  Perhaps you prefer the idea of someone kicking down your door and dragging you out into the street.

Perhaps you'd prefer the latest volume of hooked on phonics.  He didn't mock the use of a warrant.

He mocked YOU you retard.

This country has absolutely no sense of itself anymore.  Has it come to this?  Have republicans just become a punch line where your the butt end of the joke as they strip away your Liberty?

No...you're the punchline around here.  Actually the anwser to the question "What does a 100%'er asshat look like?"

Wtf is wrong with you?

Quit taking yourself so seriously.  YOu're not as important or as smart as your self aggrandizing bluster would lead you to believe.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:31:32 PM by TxRadioguy »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

No. Don't really give a shit. Waller in your own ignorance.

Bunnyboy.....war was never declared....just ask your butt buddy Obama.....overseas contingency operation...or some happy shit.

I'll leave you ****tards to your own devices....smooties....you assholes.

Scott

Oh look...a new chew toy.

And a very ignorant one at that.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »

No. Don't really give a shit. Waller in your own ignorance.

Bunnyboy.....war was never declared....just ask your butt buddy Obama.....overseas contingency operation...or some happy shit.

I'll leave you ****tards to your own devices....smooties....you assholes.

Scott

And it's "wallow" Einstein. If you're going to throw around the ignorant label, you might want to not look like an uneducated douche.

Waller is a town and county in Texas. Or a jazz pianist.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
You are not so smart as you think.

Scott

But YOU are as stupid as we all know you to be.

Guess javelin needed reinforcements.

Too bad the call went out to the shallow end of the gene pool.

And to answer some vague brag about your "credentials farther back in the thread...I've ALWAYS been skeptical...and you know that.

The ignorance and self important "I worked intel" crap you keep sticking in our faces only reinforces my belief that you were near as important in what ever military service you did as you think you were/are.

There are people here who are current and former military with far more of a grasp of concepts...tactics and the operational picture than you can grasp...yet THEY don't rub our noses in it every chance they get like you do.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 11:34:19 PM »
WTF is wrong with you??

Whether a citizen of this country or not, when one works with, lives with etc the enemy they should be shot on site.

FOAD :bird:

He got the response he was looking for...thus giving him the opening he needed  to act exactly like he is now.

He's trying to get payback for me embarrassing his little buddy bkg.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:38:31 PM by TxRadioguy »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »
He mocked YOU you retard.

Well, I'm glad somebody understood exactly what I was saying in that one!

:lmao:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2010, 01:19:02 AM »
Well, I'm glad somebody understood exactly what I was saying in that one!

:lmao:

Well it doesn't take an alleged Intel Weenie to figure it out.  :fuelfire:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2010, 04:15:23 AM »
Oh what.. you want copies from my SRB?  Are you out of your damn mind?  Perhaps I should just send all my information to the local Russian collecting credit card numbers and socials to resell.  Yeah sure, let me hand over my private information to people that would prefer to hang me... hey you want my wife too?  Dont be such an ***.

Dude, you see dead people too don't you?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2010, 04:18:27 AM »
Good lord...this forums functions suck....

As for you your war and due process....you dumbass....first off there is no declared war....secondly who is to decide who the enemy is that will be assassinated? Obama? the enemy himself? You may someday be on his list....this is the point  you are too stupid to get.

Dummy.

Scott

No declared war ........ :whatever:

I posted a link to exactly how Americans are targeted.  Perhaps you should actually research the topic, or is chicken little the only act you have?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2010, 04:20:15 AM »
You do realize that you can be seen online don`t you?
Would have thought a super spy person would have researched that before making a move.

:rotf:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2010, 04:27:16 AM »
No, it was an entirely different post and the writing style was much shriller, it was either one of Javelin's or Scott's but the thread's very long and I wanted to finish the post before it got buried even deeper.  The post about Congress having the power to wage war to which I referred was pretty close to the way I paraphrased it, and was talking about the power to conduct war generally, not about the EOs or findings.

The entire findings process really comes from an era where there was not an extant state of global war as a backdrop, so it is not well-matched to the entire GWOT concept.  Thus, the way this really functions is kind of a patchwork of overlapping turf issues between State, DOD, CIA, and the NCA on the one hand who approach it as a warfare issue, and a faction that approaches it from a domestic legal perspective on the other, such as the AG, Main DOJ, and FBI Counterintelligence/Counterterrorism.  Really the abuse of power is to some accidental extent kept in check by the incredible Byzantine inefficiency of our Executive organization.

I'm certainly no fan of Obummer and his power grabs, but he just isn't as gregarious as Chavez, he is more like the personality of a Wilson combined with the capability of a Carter, plus the intelligence (cough), low cunning, and connections of a Kennedy.

There is so many layers to actually finding one's self on this list.  I posted a link which not only explains it, it gives an example of the type of POS who would America would love to see dead.

Of course during the American Revolution, our founding fathers would put a bullet in your head and ask questions later if you were suspected of being a traitor.   They didn't footnote that in the Constitution, so Dr. Ron's worshipers wouldn't exactly be "aware" of that.  

The misfits that they are.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2010, 09:46:38 AM »
Beck, Napolitano & Co. are all wet on this for the reasons MSB puts forth...in actual war, it is not just the prerogative of the Executive to kill enemies without trial, it's his damned JOB.  It does not matter whether the target is under arms and immediately engaged in a firefight, or going about his grocery shopping in downtown Backwaterville between shifts at the enemy command bunker, he is a legitimate target either way. 

The Brits would no doubt have loved to have the G2 on when they could catch Lord Haw-Haw (A Brit citizen) on a lone plane the way we did to Yamamoto (A non-citizen enemy combatant, successfully targeted for assassination).  When Bush was President, were sure as Hell trying to assassinate Saddam when he was hiding out after the Iraq invasion, and we blew the holy living shit out of a restaurant full of people mistakenly thinking he was there one fine day.

The basic problem is establishing that the person targeted is actually in enemy service and engaged in the conflict ("Engaged" in the big sense, not the idiotic close-combat test Judge Napolitano was applying to it on Fox this morning), but when they self-declare it makes that determination relatively easy.
Ok, I agree with much of what is being said here. What I am most concerned with is the potential of drawn out hackneyed debates within our CiC's inner circle over which enemy is MOST eligible for termination.

Due process?

Ok, if it was good enough for the Rosenberg's, I guess it is good enough for our other enemies. My greatest concerns emanate from the amount of time spent hand wringing over who to snuff while the danger to America, American civilians, and American military personnel escalates. In *MY* opinion, the objective of this nation's military is NOT for her soldiers to die for this nation, but to solidify, backup, and enforce the "tip of the spear" unrelenting power as that spear is projected anywhere in the world to at the very least, poke the enemy in the ass making then cower and stop their evil ways or ultimately die. In most cases, quick termination of the enemy, specifically by blowing them up, is preferable to housing them in the criminal-legal system for five years before we hang them.
This is we have bombs, napalm, and UAV's...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
Bingo.  Adam Gahan could be 1000 miles from the nearest firefight, but the fact he's given aid and comfort as well as all the other shit he's done only justifies a double tap to the back of the head, but in reality, if he's ever captured, he'll be brought back, given a VERY public trial, then plead down to something pathetic and spend a few years at Club Fed, much like Taliban Johnny--who, BTW, just applied for early release.
Now that guy really pisses me off!
Funny - with all of his bravado he propagandizes through his Al Jazeera supported videos, you never see that goat-****er carrying a gun on the battlefield. I wonder why?

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »
One thing is for certain, your name fits who you are.  Glad to know that you agree to the murder of American citizens.  If this is what a Republican is I will treat you just as the Democrats from this day forward.  Your friggin brainwashed.  I find it astonishing that you mock the need for a warrant.  Perhaps you prefer the idea of someone kicking down your door and dragging you out into the street.  

This country has absolutely no sense of itself anymore.  Has it come to this?  Have republicans just become a punch line where your the butt end of the joke as they strip away your Liberty?  

Wtf is wrong with you?
I agree with the termination of *ANY* traitor of this nation regardless of which flag they drape themselves with. We have NEVER nor will we EVER execute ANYONE for stealing an apple so cut the condescending bullshit. Over the last 60+ years, this nation has caught thousands of AMERICANS that were traitors and they were given full due process. 99% were/are run through the United State's LEGAL SYSTEM and went to prison or were extradited.

Recent Times Square bomber anyone?

We are in a substantially different war now - a symmetrical war whereas just destroying the enemy's village will NOT stop them. If you are knowingly aiding, helping the enemy thus creating great danger to America, American civilians or her soldiers - all I can say is - BOOM!

ETA:

If you have a problem with "the murder of American citizens", then please explain state sanctioned execution of criminals.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:06:11 AM by PatriotGame »

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
It seems to me that Javelin needs to re-take 3rd grade English. Your= possessive; You're= a contraction, meaning "you are".......... learn it, memorize it. There WILL be a test.
DAMMIT!!!
So THAT is why the third grade was so hard!

Silly? No shit! Such as this thread has become...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2010, 10:28:10 AM »
Ok, I agree with much of what is being said here. What I am most concerned with is the potential of drawn out hackneyed debates within our CiC's inner circle over which enemy is MOST eligible for termination.

An absolutely legitimate concern, and so far as anyone can know for sure, to date the processes involved have been used extremely sparingly and with appropriate safeguards including geographical limitations and classified briefings to key Congressional Intelligence Committee members, but the possibility of abuse is irreducibly present...but at the same time, the availability of the means to serve up a hot one to our sworn enemies is not foreclosed by the Constitution generally, and certainly during a state of warfare.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
Aw, man!  I take ONE NIGHT off from the computer and this happens!

This is why we can't have nice things, kids.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2010, 10:59:42 AM »
Aw, man!  I take ONE NIGHT off from the computer and this happens!

This is why we can't have nice things, kids.

At least you're in the same time zone!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2010, 11:57:43 AM »
An absolutely legitimate concern, and so far as anyone can know for sure, to date the processes involved have been used extremely sparingly and with appropriate safeguards including geographical limitations and classified briefings to key Congressional Intelligence Committee members, but the possibility of abuse is irreducibly present...but at the same time, the availability of the means to serve up a hot one to our sworn enemies is not foreclosed by the Constitution generally, and certainly during a state of warfare.
What amazes me about this entire exchange is these shrill, shrieking shit shiners will, on any other moment, gleefully spew quotes from Thomas Jefferson but as soon as you point out a DoW is not required for a president to fight a war because Jefferson prosecuted the Barbary War without a DoW from congress these twits suddenly fall silent.

The speak glowing about about the founders and the COTUS, but when you point out Federalist 23 and how the founders designed the COTUS to impose no shackles on the president's ability to wage war these rubes can only find, "dumbass" as a retort.

George Washington? Why, they're practially masturbating to his portrait but then you point out the Whiskey Rebellion was suppressed without due process, just federal troops and all you get in response is a bunch of name calling and not even creative name-calling at that.

In short: they got nothing so they like to screech and fling poo.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2010, 12:02:44 PM »
What amazes me about this entire exchange is these shrill, shrieking shit shiners will, on any other moment, gleefully spew quotes from Thomas Jefferson but as soon as you point out a DoW is not required for a president to fight a war because Jefferson prosecuted the Barbary War without a DoW from congress these twits suddenly fall silent.

Even before that, there was the undeclared naval war with France, from 1798-1800 (We kicked their ass, btw).