Author Topic: NYC Cops furious at 'don't-kill' bill  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: NYC Cops furious at 'don't-kill' bill
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »
There ya go......... she has admitted that she is totally CLUELESS about how police officers have to do their jobs.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
As long as they don't watch TV, listen to radio, get online, read newspapers or talk to other people, then it should be okay. lol.

That's my point.  :-)

Offline soleil

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
I think that is ridiculous. Shoot to stop. Whatever that means. It doesn't mean aim for the arm, that is for sure. You eliminate the danger. Plus isn't that what tasers are for?  Cops are in enough danger out there.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
People actually elect boneheads like this to office???? I really hope a petition is going around to get her out of office ASAP.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »
Why don't they just teach cops Matrix Drunken Boxing Fu? Then they can just run in at super high speed, and grab the gun out of the assailant's hand, and kick him in the nuts, in the blink of an eye.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »
I remember reading many years ago that one of the designers of the Sykes Fairbairn commando knife served as a police captain in the orient. One of his officers confronted a knife-wielding thief who was hopped up on narcotics. The officer emptied a M1911 into the perpetrator but the theif ultimately had to be pistol-whipped into submission. For those not readily up on their handgun know-how the .45 is generally a gun that will take grown men off their feet.

Research into the episode convinced Fairbairn that only a shot that hit the heart, brain, spinal column or femurs would be reasonably certain to subdue an opponent.

Now these would require very accurate shots--against moving targets--in the highest of all high stress situations.

Perhaps one *might* say if the officer was defending only him/herself they should attempt minimal force (I wouldn't but an "assumed risk" argument could be made at DU or other suitable asylum), but to ask a police force to take those chances when defending the citizenry?

Unconscionable.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 05:16:47 AM »
I remember reading many years ago that one of the designers of the Sykes Fairbairn commando knife served as a police captain in the orient. One of his officers confronted a knife-wielding thief who was hopped up on narcotics. The officer emptied a M1911 into the perpetrator but the theif ultimately had to be pistol-whipped into submission. For those not readily up on their handgun know-how the .45 is generally a gun that will take grown men off their feet.

Research into the episode convinced Fairbairn that only a shot that hit the heart, brain, spinal column or femurs would be reasonably certain to subdue an opponent.

Now these would require very accurate shots--against moving targets--in the highest of all high stress situations.

Perhaps one *might* say if the officer was defending only him/herself they should attempt minimal force (I wouldn't but an "assumed risk" argument could be made at DU or other suitable asylum), but to ask a police force to take those chances when defending the citizenry?

Unconscionable.

Real simple--use a shotgun. :fuelfire:

I doubt that this one is going anywhere because of public outcry. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.