Author Topic: "Erf Day" minus 2  (Read 3366 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: "Erf Day" minus 2
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
I was thinking of renting a Hummer and driving around to all the parking lots that have the 3 minute Idle warnings posted and sitting there for at least half an hour each with the engine running WHILE tossing cig butts out the window followed by empty styrofoam coffee cups AND plastic shopping bags!  Should be a fun day!! :-)

3 minute idle warning?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »
Not just gasoline alone. Throw a bunch of styrofoam into a gas tank and stir it up till it's a nice flammable jelly. Homemade napalm! Increase your carbon footprint explosively!

Sounds like something you could spread on railroad ties! :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
Sounds like something you could spread on railroad ties! :fuelfire:

I love the smell of creosote in the morning! It smells like... goreball warming.

Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
3 minute idle warning?

Yes, in the PRNJ most stores have warnings posted that you cannot sit in your car in the parking lot with your engine running for more than 3 minutes because you are then polluting/causing global warming, blah, blah, blah. Personally I've never seen it enforced but I imagine it could be depending on what DUmmie walked by -- I'm not even sure what the citation would be.  It's just one of those signs that really bug me!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:15 PM »
Yes, in the PRNJ most stores have warnings posted that you cannot sit in your car in the parking lot with your engine running for more than 3 minutes because you are then polluting/causing global warming, blah, blah, blah. Personally I've never seen it enforced but I imagine it could be depending on what DUmmie walked by -- I'm not even sure what the citation would be.  It's just one of those signs that really bug me!

You have a weird state there in New Jersey.  I still don't get the fact that you can't pump your own gas.

For my contribution to ERF day, I'm going to leave my car running during my entire 4-5 hour round of golf tomorrow afternoon.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
You have a weird state there in New Jersey.  I still don't get the fact that you can't pump your own gas.

For my contribution to ERF day, I'm going to leave my car running during my entire 4-5 hour round of golf tomorrow afternoon.

Man, that is crazy.  And you can't pump your own gas?  Does that mean that 24 hour gas stations have attendants 24 hours?

Doesn't sound too cost efficient, but what do I know?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »
Man, that is crazy.  And you can't pump your own gas?  Does that mean that 24 hour gas stations have attendants 24 hours?

It's the same way in Oregon.  I can't remember the reasons, other than to employ people to pump gas.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 03:13:16 PM »

Believe it or not, that's one of the greatest things about living here -- I HATE pumping gas! 4 out of 5 people living here will tell you the same. People from PA come over frequently to fill up because 1.) someone will pump it for them and 2.) gas is cheaper here than in PA.  It's also cheaper here than in DE or NY . . .

Of all the assorted taxes that have been raised over the years, the gas tax in NJ isn't one of them.  It hasn't been raised since 1988.

So in honor of Erf Day 2010, pump a coupla gallons into this container, Mr. Gas Station Attendant and I will take it home and burn a nice pile of whatever toxic material I can get my hands on!  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 03:36:42 PM »
Believe it or not, that's one of the greatest things about living here -- I HATE pumping gas! 4 out of 5 people living here will tell you the same. People from PA come over frequently to fill up because 1.) someone will pump it for them and 2.) gas is cheaper here than in PA.  It's also cheaper here than in DE or NY . . .

Of all the assorted taxes that have been raised over the years, the gas tax in NJ isn't one of them.  It hasn't been raised since 1988.

So in honor of Erf Day 2010, pump a coupla gallons into this container, Mr. Gas Station Attendant and I will take it home and burn a nice pile of whatever toxic material I can get my hands on!  :-)

that is CRAZY.  Here in Texas I know of like THREE full serve places.  I hunt them down when I need my tires checked.  I can check my oil, fill my oil (with no funnel required)  I can even change my oil, but I choose not to.  I can check my tranny fluid, power steering fluid, and check and refill my windshield wiper fluid.  I can even change my windshield wipers.  But I cannot, for some wierd reason check my tire pressure or put air in my tires.  I always end up getting more air out. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 07:27:25 PM »
I don't think I've seen a full-service station (with exception of service for handicapped) since about 1980.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
I don't think I've seen a full-service station (with exception of service for handicapped) since about 1980.

We have one or two around here, but they also have full garages for repairs attached.  But they don't have convenience stores, just a couple of vending machines.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 09:04:14 PM »
I got a great deal on some OOOOOLD air conditioning units.  I was thinking of punching holes in their condenser coils and seeing how big a hole I can punch in the ozone layer.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
Happy birthday, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov.  :bs:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »
Happy birthday, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov.  :bs:

:cheers1:  Here's to hoping that Satan has a fresh crop of green pineapples for the sodomizing sessions today.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
I'm spelling out "I  :heart: the Earth" with styrofoam cups; then I'm setting them on fire so that extraterrestrials know how I feel about Earth Day!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies