Author Topic: Did ya miss me?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Did ya miss me?
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Friday night developed an excrutiating pain in my abdomen! Waited for a day as I thought I might have ate a bowl of chile that I let sit out to long. Saturday evening, had to call uncle and head into the local emerncy room! After a few blood test they gave me to shots of morph and slammed onto a gurney and and admitted me.

The tests came back as acute pancreatitus! OMG! Andy has returned from the grave to get me!

They started shoving IV's in every vein the could find in both arms and started pumping me full of enzimes and assorted hormones and vitamins!

Took/em 2 days but I think the worst is behind me! What a bitch!!!!!!! Most exrutiating pain I have ever felt in my life! I almost feel sorry for the late un-great Red Round One! Almost.

If I had waited one more day I might a been a gonner! Turns out they're ging to have to remove my gallblatter and do some exploritory aound in my interior plumbing. So for a while I will be posting on my laptop from my local paid  as you go healthcare facility.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Did ya miss me?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »
Friday night developed an excrutiating pain in my abdomen! Waited for a day as I thought I might have ate a bowl of chile that I let sit out to long. Saturday evening, had to call uncle and head into the local emerncy room! After a few blood test they gave me to shots of morph and slammed onto a gurney and and admitted me.

The tests came back as acute pancreatitus! OMG! Andy has returned from the grave to get me!

They started shoving IV's in every vein the could find in both arms and started pumping me full of enzimes and assorted hormones and vitamins!

Took/em 2 days but I think the worst is behind me! What a bitch!!!!!!! Most exrutiating pain I have ever felt in my life! I almost feel sorry for the late un-great Red Round One! Almost.

If I had waited one more day I might a been a gonner! Turns out they're ging to have to remove my gallblatter and do some exploritory aound in my interior plumbing. So for a while I will be posting on my laptop from my local paid  as you go healthcare facility.

Glad to hear that God ain't done with you yet.

I can relate to the gall bladder thing -- I had mine out in 2000. I was yellow with jaundice when they decided enough was enough and that it had to come out.

Rest up, Allo, and come back feisty as ever. (And try not to pinch the nurse's butts -- they just might "miss" when it comes to drawing the next blood sample.....)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:55:13 PM »
Glad to hear that God ain't done with you yet.

I can relate to the gall bladder thing -- I had mine out in 2000. I was yellow with jaundice when they decided enough was enough and that it had to come out.

Rest up, Allo, and come back feisty as ever. (And try not to pinch the nurse's butts -- they just might "miss" when it comes to drawing the next blood sample.....)

Well one thing is for sure, there' some real cuties here in my "Right to Work" state! Not a DUmbass in the bunch! Oh, and an RN makes upwards of 75 grand! The cost of living around is 1/4 of Kalifornicate and they don't have to belong to no damn union! You still get hired on competency and worth ethic around here!

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:58 AM »
Glad you got it looked at in time. Don't spend too much time on the laptop, get some rest. How is the food in that joint?

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »
Glad you got it looked at in time. Don't spend too much time on the laptop, get some rest. How is the food in that joint?

I wouln't classify it as food, more like useasoned paste. Just got back on what they consider "soft food" Yechhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
Glad you went in to the ER when you did!   Hope you get sprung soon!

Offline kenth

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:00:39 AM »
Damn, sorry to hear that. Get well soon man. Glad you caught it in time.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »
Hey man, take care of yourself.

This is a shock.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:03:58 AM »
Dude! 

Wow.  Take care of yourself, or rather, let those highly paid nurses do it. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:07 AM »
You were gone?  Who?

Just kidding.

Glad you're getting taken care of, though.  Just lie back and let the nice nurse give you a sponge bath, and all will be well.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
A close call but glad your doing ok. Can't wait to hear your back up to speed kicking the libs where they need it. 
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline debk

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
Sending hugs and prayers! Hope you are feeling tiptop soon.  :heart:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
UPDATE:

Things are lookin' dam good folks! Looks like my enzime counts are starting to return to normal. Whew! Extremely close call! Looks like I still have to go thru a surgery next week to remove my gaulbladder and a little more exploritory nonsense, but I'm definitely on the mend!

I'm positive it was the support of all my friends and family that pulled me thru. Besides, I ain't done givin' y'all hell! That and my bosses refused to replace my sorry ass! heh! Who the hell would feed all the critters?????

Many thanx for your prayers in my hour of need. You's is the good guys!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »
Gall bladders who needs em?!

Have them take your appendix too.  Oh and your tonsils .....

:-)

Glad you're doing well!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
Miss ya, Hell, I didn't even get off a round!

But seriously, glad to hear you're back from the edge.

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.