Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive being sorry  (Read 470 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
sparkling husband primitive being sorry
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:34 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7761815

Oh my.

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-21-10 08:53 AM
THE SPARKLING HUSBAND PRIMITIVE, #05 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Original message

I'm sorry. So sorry.

That sentiment, on a grand scale, is almost impossible to sell because attempts to sell it are so frequent and, more to the point, so pointless.

If a barber screws up a haircut, an apology might be in order. It might well make the owner of the ill cut head feel better. If nothing else, it is owed. Similarly, if a restaurant serves a bad meal, an apology might be in order. That apology could take the frorm of a reduced bill, a fully comped meal, a voucher for a future meal, a free dessert, a round of drinks. Any of these gestures will go toward mending the relationship between the restaurant and their now and future patron.

If a car company criminally hides a deadly defect from its customers, no apology ought be accepted (or acceptable) until and unless that company makes it up to the survivors of the dead people and repairs every faulty car it sold.

If a handsomely paid celebrity boinks women not his wife while all through said boinking maintaining his relationship with said wife, who is helped by that apology? It ought not matter one whit to the general population.

Apologies also need to be heartfelt to be truly meaningful.

Have you ever seen a car company - any company - with a heart?

Have you ever seen a billionaire, raised and trained to be exceptional, have a heart that has *you* in mind?

One wonders if the sparkling husband primitive, a landlord, has a heart when it comes to tenants late on paying the rent.

Never mind.

Dappleganger  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-21-10 08:57 AM
Response to Original message

1. Blubbering apologies from adulterous Republicans has cheapened the value of real remorse...in the eyes of Americans. Our cynicism was duly earned.

New campfire; the above's all there is to it at the moment.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: sparkling husband primitive being sorry
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »
Dappleganger  (1000+ posts)      Sun Feb-21-10 08:57 AM
Response to Original message

1. Blubbering apologies from adulterous Republicans has cheapened the value of real remorse...in the eyes of Americans. Our cynicism was duly earned.

Yeah such right wing stalwarts as Bubba,NY Gov Spitzer,NJ Gov James McGreevey  ::)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »
If a handsomely paid celebrity boinks women not his wife while all through said boinking maintaining his relationship with said wife, who is helped by that apology? It ought not matter one whit to the general population.

Considering that a lot of the money that this "handsomely paid celebrity" is making comes from the general population via ticket sales, merchandise, etc.: YES, they should apologize for his/her behavior.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
Considering that a lot of the money that this "handsomely paid celebrity" is making comes from the general population via ticket sales, merchandise, etc.: YES, they should apologize for his/her behavior.

Absolutely!

And as the last apologist stated in his latest. If you have been holding me up as a role model for your children I have to apologize to you the most.

And he did, and did.