Author Topic: bitter old Vermontese cali primitive safely predicts  (Read 337 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
bitter old Vermontese cali primitive safely predicts
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:00:02 AM »
http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7711100

Oh my.

By the way, the fund-raiser's winding down today, and there's still primitives who need reminded to donate to Skins's island.

cali  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-14-10 06:26 AM
HAS YET TO DONATE TO SKINS'S ISLAND!
TIME'S MELTING AWAY FASTER THAN SNOW IN APRIL!

Original message

I think it's safe to predict that Rep. Delahunt (D-MA) will announce his retirement in the next week or so. Not only is he from a district that Obama won by only 55% (and in MA that's not a huge win) but this district went for Brown in a big way. Add to that that he's not polling well and that he was the Prosecutor who decided not to prosecute in the Amy Bishop case, and the writing's on the wall. Could this be a competitive seat in 2010?

BzaDem  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-14-10 06:48 AM
TIME'S RUNNING OUT FASTER THAN A HERD OF STAMPEDING BISON!

Response to Original message

1. Maybe

He has been one of the congressmen who initially (after Scott Brown won) wanted to pass healthcare incrementally (which can't work and is bullshit). If he retires though, I think he would be willing to vote for a comprehensive package like the Senate bill or the Senate bill with reconciliation amendments. So while it would be nice if he stayed on and kept the seat, his retiring might actually increase the chances of HCR by a tiny bit.

MannyGoldstein  (1000+ posts)        Sun Feb-14-10 07:24 AM
TIME'S EVAPORATING FASTER THAN LAST NIGHT'S KISS!

Response to Original message

2. Victim of Dean's Law

"We all voted for change we can believe in. If we don't get it, we'll get some more change in 2010," - Howard Dean
apres moi, le deluge