Author Topic: Billboard Campaign Sparks Abortion Debate  (Read 1508 times)

Offline thundley4

Billboard Campaign Sparks Abortion Debate
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:41:12 AM »
A billboard campaign in Atlanta has raised questions over whether abortion providers target minority communities.

On the billboard is a black and white photo with a close up of a black toddler's face. He looks troubled, nearly in tears.

The caption in bold letters reads "Black Children Are An Endangered Species."

Catherine Davis with Georgia Right to Life says the billboards are meant to grab people's attention.

The billboards have raised the ire of some who live nearby.

According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, more than 50 percent of the abortions in Georgia were performed on black women — while African Americans make up about 30 percent of the state's population.

A spokeswoman for a reproductive health group says the enemy is not black women. She says the enemy is poverty.

About 60 billboards have gone up in Atlanta so far, and another 20 are expected by next week.
  NPR 

A pro-Life group that is bring the racism issue of abortion to the forefront?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Billboard Campaign Sparks Abortion Debate
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »
  NPR 

A pro-Life group that is bring the racism issue of abortion to the forefront?

The issue is not poverty, darn it all, the issue is responsibility and who is in couraging the poor to abort.  I am sure there are a few white folks out there that are poor also, why do people think that only the black are poor.?

Any darn fool knows that if you decide to go a swimming in a river full of water snakes, sooner or later you will be bit.   

I imagine the black and white folks that have a bit of money go to a private doctor for the procedure and it is never reported.  I bet if the private practices had to report, one would find more white baby's aborted every day then all other races combined.     

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »
There are more white babies aborted...but there are more white people.  However, the percentage of black children aborted is far larger than the percentage of the black population.  A black baby is far more likely to be aborted.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Duodecim

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:46:33 PM »
This is pretty off-topic, but a few years ago, I saw a pro-life advertisement on one of those boards.  It used some variation on the familiar "Choose Life" language.  The next board along that street then had another advertisement that read, "A Better Choice: Comcast Digital Cable..."  If that was unintentional, then it's pretty funny.  If it was intentional, then I would still say that it was pretty funny, even though I am pro-life.
"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant.  It's just that they know so much that isn't so." -Ronald Reagan