Author Topic: Limbaugh Rushed To Honolulu Hospital  (Read 5814 times)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
Re: Limbaugh Rushed To Honolulu Hospital
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
Glad he is doing okay. Don't scare us like that, Rush!

Offline Oceander

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
According to Twitter reports ABC and a local radio station are saying Rush is now in "stable condition"

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%22Rush%20Limbaugh%22

Must be some wailing and gnashing of teeth over on DU already - they must be kicking themselves for not having thought of Obamacare years ago.

Offline CC27

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »
Better news .. alert and conscious

Rush Limbaugh taken to Honolulu hospital

###

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was taken to a Hawaii hospital with chest pains this afternoon, sources said.

Paramedics responded to a call at 2:41 p.m. today from the Kahala Hotel and Resort where Limbaugh has been vacationing.

Limbaugh was treated and taken to The Queen’s Medical Center in serious condition.

He was reported to be alert and conscious.

Queen’s spokesman N. Makana Shook said the hospital is unable to comment.

Limbaugh was seen golfing at Waialae Country Club earlier this week. The country club is next to the Kahala Hotel and Resort.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20091230/BREAKING01/91230032/Rush+Limbaugh+taken+to+Honolulu+hospital

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
God speed to him he has taught me a lot
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline CC27

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »
Sources tell KITV that Rush Limbaugh will stay overnight in the hospital in Honolulu and expect a full recovery. (thnx-@USABreakingNews)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »
I'll bet that the DUmmies are pissed because he's not going to die. Sick bastards.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 11:04:34 PM »
When I first heard this, my heart sunk.

A BIG, BIG reason why I'm a conservative is because of that man. I started listening to him in '94. I was a young skull full of mush.  :-)

I'm glad to hear he will recover.

We need Rush alive and kicking in 2010!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 5412

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »
When I first heard this, my heart sunk.

A BIG, BIG reason why I'm a conservative is because of that man. I started listening to him in '94. I was a young skull full of mush.  :-)

I'm glad to hear he will recover.

We need Rush alive and kicking in 2010!!

Hi,

I am a big fan of Rush and am up after midnight checking on him.  Have to be up very early to catch a plane in the AM.

Glad he is alert, etc.

At the same time, he indeed is a pioneer and converted many of us to conservatism, make no mistake about it, if he took a year off to recover there would be three guys to take his place.  By that I am complimenting him, he opened the flood gates and there is no turning back.  Glenn Beck would not have flourished were it not for Rush.  9-12 would not have flourished.  Now the 9-12 folks are taking a lot of responsibility at the local level and they are being heard.

Rush is the pioneer that got it started, at the same time should he take some time off, the conservative movement would just get stronger and then when he came back it would be like the second barrel of a shotgun, pretty intimidating.

I certainly hope he is fine.

regards,

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »
From his own webpage, he's resting comfortably. Thank God!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 02:38:16 AM »
Rush is the conservative movement! Get your ass back to work as soon as possible Bubba! We need you! Take the time ya need, but remember without you, we could be in big trouble!

I just thought of something. What will the MSM have to rail about without Maha Rushdie?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2009, 03:48:15 AM »
Praying for Rush. Get well soon!

(I'm glad in a way this happened now and not under the denial plan under Obamacare. You just know political opponents won't get the same level of care.)

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2009, 05:28:19 AM »
I'll bet that the DUmmies are pissed because he's not going to die. Sick bastards.

Yeah they are over there praying for his death and saying he is the one that will be going to hell? Warped minds!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2009, 05:52:23 AM »
Yeah they are over there praying for his death and saying he is the one that will be going to hell? Warped minds!
Yep, just got back from visiting their thread.
They are dancing on his grave already like the animals they are.
Seriously, these primitives are animals. Frank has them pegged right, they are dancing around a campfire howling in glee.

Offline cottondress

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2009, 07:40:10 AM »
I breathed a sigh of relief as he was losing all that weight...I feared something like this...today I imagine he will undergo tons of tests and Im praying he gets an indigestion diagnosis.I can not imagine a day with out Rush. PRAYERS!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
Loudmouthed Limbaugh rushed to hospital with chest pains
Radio's Rush Limbaugh was reportedly whisked to a Hawaii hospital on Wednesday night.

http://www.nydailynews.com/

This is the promo edit on the main page of the Daily News website -- the actual title of the article is different.  Wow -- no bias there right? 

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 07:58:31 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/

This is the promo edit on the main page of the Daily News website -- the actual title of the article is different.  Wow -- no bias there right? 

They're just jealous because Rush has greater subscribership than they do.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
My thoughts and prayers with Rush today.  I hear he'll be back to work on Monday (!)  Jendf, I had a young skull full of mush at one time, too.  I started listening to him, and he just made a ton of sense. 

Rightcoast is right, he'll be fine by simple force of will.  That, and to make the DUmmies heads asplode.  GO RUSH! 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 09:02:57 AM »
Rush convert here too. I started paying attention to him almost 20 years ago.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SOFTBALL#4GRAMA

• Just Off Probation
  • The Tribe
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

Which just goes to show you who's prayers worked the best.... Rush is recouping well, so our prayers were listened too....God listens..... 
"Liberals are like slinkies.They're really good for nothing, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Offline micmac

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 01:41:35 PM »
:heart: you, Rush!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 01:47:31 PM »
Rush will be OK, if for no other reason than to annoy the hell out of liberals and other DUmbasses....

Hey, Rush!  GET WELL SOON, MAN!  WE LOVE YOU!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »
Rush, get well soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now, Rush isn't the conservative movement. He himself would say that. He merely articulates what millions of us think and know to be true. The best we can do is to continue to be engaged in what matters to be important to us, our Faith, our family and friends, and our Country. We carry on the daily fight and we continue to educate everyone we know and love as to what is right and good about the American people........and in doing so we win and we piss off the libs and the America is wrong crowd
to no end.

To paraphrase a tag line from a person I admire

""...We did it together, and if I may say, not bad, not bad at all!"

Get healthy Rush and really torque them in 2010!

Offline Oceander

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
Get well soon, Rush, and get back in the saddle, it's so much fun to watch puny little liberal heads do this:

when they hear you talk!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »
Rush convert here too. I started paying attention to him almost 20 years ago.

I've been very tempted to go back and reread his two books to see how much they still apply...today.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
Rush, get well soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now, Rush isn't the conservative movement. He himself would say that. He merely articulates what millions of us think and know to be true. The best we can do is to continue to be engaged in what matters to be important to us, our Faith, our family and friends, and our Country. We carry on the daily fight and we continue to educate everyone we know and love as to what is right and good about the American people........and in doing so we win and we piss off the libs and the America is wrong crowd
to no end.

This has been perhaps a critical false alarm for all of us who claim the moniker of "Conservative". 

Up to this point, many of us rely of the megaphones of folks like Rush, Beck, Hannity, Boortz, Levin and others to put voice to the thoughts and concerns we all think.  This is why Rush and the others are as successful as they are: they have the courage and means to say what we think, and to make what we think heard, even when their Lord- and Ladyships in Washington don't want to listen to us.  It has been comforting, empowering to us to know that thanks to these men and women, our point of view isn't being drowned out by the hue and cry of the Idiocracy.

However...

As painful as it is to consider, there is a new paradigm unfolding inside the Beltway.  Washington elitists on both sides of the aisle are being made increasingly uncomfortable by the lines of questioning they wouldn't have to face if only the examining light of "talk radio" (et.al) wasn't illuminating their every corrupt move.  Congress-shits openly talk about reinstituting the "fairness doctrine", to hobble, obfuscate and mis-direct the attentions of those watching them.  FCC officials speak brazenly of plans to revoke station licenses from "mega-conglomerates", and in turn hand them to "more diverse" broadcast formats.  Administration hacks openly revise or remove web pages that show them in any less than a complimentary light, and use the power of the FCC, IRS and any of a myriad of Federal police agencies to harry and harass political opposition.  By all appearances, the executve and legislative branches of the Federal government are only awaiting a good, scary crisis they can use as pretext for breaking into their censorship candy store and running wild.

Their strategy behind these tactics will be to divide American opinion, and conquer us, one little piece at a time.

Are you ready?

If the politicians, bureaucrats and lawyers shut down talk radio tomorrow, would you be sufficiently informed to pick up where Rush, Hannity and Beck leave off, at least in your own neighborhood?  Could you explain your conservative principles clearly enough to your neighbors?  More importantly, could you, as, say, a straight-laced social conservative, find enough common ground with the more moderate - yet still fiscal conservative - neighbor next door to stand shoulder to shoulder with them?

Rush frequently refers to America's "rugged individualism" as one of our defining characteristics.  As much as we have enjoyed gathering together to listen to him, and the others, are we ready to be rugged individuals when if the unthinkable happens?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus