Author Topic: TX and OH Dem Primary Thread (renamed from "latest survey USA polls")  (Read 9939 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: TX and OH Dem Primary Thread (renamed from "latest survey USA polls")
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »

fox news just projected hillary the winner in TX, but the caucuses are still going

wow.. still going at midnight? i hope its all for Hilary :-)

they had aerial shots of a caucus location in austin (I believe) a little while ago.  people were oozing out the windows.  and there were 4 or 5 police cars there.

i'm tellin ya .. Bill's in there somewhere.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2008, 01:38:59 AM »
Very well come be the beginning of the end for the Obamanation

Clinton Comes Alive!

OMG!  did you just hear susan estrich freaking witch cackle on foxnews? :lmao:

Yes, I was busy mocking her in front of other people - that accent, that voice, that face..... :beer:

She didn't say much of anything IMO, just that today "changes the Democrat party race". Soh.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 09:20:14 PM »
Very well come be the beginning of the end for the Obamanation

Clinton Comes Alive!

OMG!  did you just hear susan estrich freaking witch cackle on foxnews? :lmao:

Yes, I was busy mocking her in front of other people - that accent, that voice, that face..... :beer:

She didn't say much of anything IMO, just that today "changes the Democrat party race". Soh.

did you see her falling down drunk on foxnews during election night coverage in (IIRC) 2004?

:-)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
Lol, yeah, I saw Susan's drunken performance, at least that one. She scares me, and I'd just remembered that she did creep me out this week again when she said that she'd helped DNC had wrote the rules to an imperfect primary system and that the nominee should be grateful to all the superdelegates just like here. :bird:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »
If neither of them gets the required amount of delegates, can the DNC be prevented from putting a candidate forward for the election?  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
If neither of them gets the required amount of delegates, can the DNC be prevented from putting a candidate forward for the election?  :-)

there are several hundred superdelegates;  the will make the difference, even if they split.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »

there are several hundred superdelegates;  the will make the difference, even if they split.

Dang.  I was hoping for some mathematical stalemate that would prevent either candidate from getting the minimum amount of delegates required to be their Party's candidate. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

Dang.  I was hoping for some mathematical stalemate that would prevent either candidate from getting the minimum amount of delegates required to be their Party's candidate. 

it is doubtful that either candidate will get the requisite number of delegates during the primaries;  at that point, it is up to the decidedly UNdemocratic process of buying off superdelegates in order to win the nomination.