Author Topic: poll: do we intimidate the primitives?  (Read 478 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: do we intimidate the primitives?
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:24:07 AM »
This is the quarterly (every three months) poll concerning the attempts of decent and civilize people to illuminate, enlighten, and better the lives of, the primitives.

conservativecave is slowly becoming known on Skins's island; the relentlessly-increasing traffic figures confirm this.

I have no way of knowing, but I guess it's reasonable to assume that at least 1 in every 100 primitives knows of our existence, and at least 1 in every 1,000 primitives actually comes over here to read.

Something's nagging me, though.

There seems to happen that every time a primitive becomes prominent here, the primitive either comments less on Skins's island, or in fact disappears from Skins's island altogether.

The maudlin waif primitive, for example, appears to have vanished in thin air, after having been so prominent here.

For another sort of example, the subway cat appears to be posting less and less, after having been so prolifically prominent here.

We're nice guys here; we don't mean for that to happen, especially since every time a primitive swims away from Skins's island, it leaves us with less material to amuse and entertain decent and civilized people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: poll: do we intimidate the primitives?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:34:57 AM »
Coach, maybe when a primitive swims away from the island, maybe it's the first step on the way to becoming one of the good and decent people.

I know it's a stretch, but it could happen.  And the journey is long.  But, it begins with a single step.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »
Coach, maybe when a primitive swims away from the island, maybe it's the first step on the way to becoming one of the good and decent people.

I know it's a stretch, but it could happen.  And the journey is long.  But, it begins with a single step.

Or more like a single dive off the beach.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:14:49 AM »
I wonder Frank if some of the issue is that primitives who lurk see the foolishness of what is posted and begin to call the more prominent ones out over it.
They live for back slaps and think the world hangs on their every thought and word so when they start getting the unrecs or their stories ridiculed they slink away.