Author Topic: Things They Wish Actually Happened, Health Insurance division  (Read 547 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Things They Wish Actually Happened, Health Insurance division
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »

Better Today  (784 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Nov-02-09 07:57 AM

Original message
Well, what a way to wake up. A phone call from a crying, almost hysterical woman...

I answer the phone, "G'mornin', this is (me)"

She is crying and very upset. "I need to talk to someone immediately about why you canceled our policy. Nothing has changed, these are our normal...." Anger was definitely in the mix as well.

I interrupted fairly quickly as I could, "Ma'am I believe you've misdialed, this is a residential phone number. What number did you try to dial?"

"Oh, I SO SORRY, our insurance was cut off apparently and I'm at the doctor's office and just found out. I'm so sorry, I'll dial again. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry."

Now she's crying. All of 1.5 minutes on the phone and I heard despair, anger, and tears.

Does anyone think the government could really do anything worse?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6907946

That's the life of a liberal...if the cops aren't jumping out of the bushes, and if you're not schooling Rethugs at every checkout stand in town, you're getting wrong numbers from people with a beef about insurance. Riiiight.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: Things They Wish Actually Happened, Health Insurance division
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
Bouncy. No bongs for that.

Yes. Much, much worse.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:28:24 AM »

The one and only thing that governments excel at is making small holes bigger and screwing the pooch.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »
Guess what DUmmy...there will be no phone number to call if the government is in control of your health care.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:33 AM »
Guess what DUmmy...there will be no phone number to call if the government is in control of your health care.

And even if there is, well, I was on hold for 45 minutes this morning waiting to talk to someone inside the IRS.   

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »

Only if they had ever dealt with the Government for something they actually needed at some point in their lives.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6907946

That's the life of a liberal...if the cops aren't jumping out of the bushes, and if you're not schooling Rethugs at every checkout stand in town, you're getting wrong numbers from people with a beef about insurance. Riiiight.

Well, I have to fess up. I got a lot of DU phone numbers this week from the VRWC and, with a close friend, have been pranking them for a few days off and on to get just this reaction. It feeds the paranoia they cling to and is cheaper than a movie.

Oh, and the total socialized medicine plan they really want would be better is some respects. The dispairing, angry and fearful calls would stop (as Carl noted) and be replaced with the calm acceptance of knowing you never had a chance.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826