Author Topic: Bobbolink wants Skinner TS'd  (Read 2075 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Bobbolink wants Skinner TS'd
« on: November 01, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »
It look like the DUmmies are getting tired of old Bobolink.

Funny thread

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:37 PM
Original message
Democratic Underground Breaks Its Own Rules

Edited on Sun Nov-01-09 08:41 PM by bobbolink
DU rules state emphatically that it is NOT allowed to openly campaign against a Democrat, even if your reasons for doing so are solid. A poster can be immediately tombstoned for posting against a Democrat in a race for office.

YET, on it's homepage, DU is doing just that by running an ad for John Chachas, a Republican, to run against Harry Reid. I know that DU will claim all kinds of rationales, but the fact is, this is against the stated rules. There is also an ad against Obama.

I will not be surprised if this post is deleted, nor will I be surprised if I am tombstoned for posting this. I'm offended by both of those ads, and excusing them because they bring in revenue is the same sort of greed we are trying to fight in our own congress.

Here are the 3 ads.... the first is in line with liberal values, the other two are very much not.

Health Care Petition
Don't Let Special Interests Derail Reform. Sign the Official Petition!
www.DSCC.org

Retire Harry Reid
John Chachas for US Senate Contribute Here to Help Retire Reid
www.chachasfornevada.com

Obama's New World Order?
Frightening 150 Page Report into the Obama New World Order. See Now!
www.VisionRevisited.com

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 09:10 PM
Response to Reply #41
65. Of course... that is so much more important than the poverty threads I post which are ignored.

This is quite a lesson in Liberal Values, isn't it?

:hi:

MH1 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 10:04 PM
Response to Reply #65
114. Have you ever considered that it just might not be a lack of interest in poverty

that causes your threads to be ignored?

I'm heading off to bed now so you can sling whatever you want back at me. :)

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 09:10 PM
Response to Reply #41
66. Of course... that is so much more important than the poverty threads I post which are ignored.

This is quite a lesson in Liberal Values, isn't it?

:hi:

OPERATIONMINDCRIME Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 09:29 PM
Response to Reply #66
86. Wahhhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhh Change Me!!!!

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:41 PM
Response to Original message
9. Yes, that's what I said. The $$$$ excuses all.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 08:57 PM
Response to Reply #9
47. You're Stupid.

marmar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:41 PM
Response to Reply #5
8. Donors to DU don't see the ads....I've never seen any of the ads people are complaining about.   Updated at 8:31 PM

bobbolink Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 08:42 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Hurrah for those with money... it excuses all.

Uhhh..Bobbo you have a donor star......

MineralMan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:45 PM
Response to Reply #10
24. Well, from the star next to your screenname, it appears

Edited on Sun Nov-01-09 08:45 PM by MineralMan
that you have either contributed to DU since you wrote your post or, more likely, someone has donated a star for you. You won't be seeing those ads any more. Say thank you to the nice person who donated for you, or I'll say thank yo for donating.

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:51 PM
Response to Reply #18
33. Aren't YOU the superior one. If I copied an article in praise of someone running

against a Dem, I would be breaking the rules.

I was brought up to understand that rules are rules. What a concept.

And your verbal sneer doesn't gain friends.
baldguy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 08:54 PM
Response to Reply #33
40. And stumbling about like a drunken Promisekeeper won't win any for you.

It goes on with a load of them jumping all over poor Bobbo..
If you don't like seeing the ads, go to your Preferences page and turn them off.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Bobbolink wants Skinner TS'd
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »
Dang do I love OMC! :cheersmate:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
I wanna know who OMC has pictures of $kinner diddling, that keeps him from being TS'ed.

Then again, maybe not...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »
I think it's high time "Bobo the chimp" see a professional trainer. Wonder if the "Dog Whisperer" is busy? Should be right up his alley!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:36:58 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what time do libraries close in your area? They're closed at the time DumBO was posting here.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what time do libraries close in your area? They're closed at the time DumBO was posting here.

The central branch of the Denver public library - where bobo claims to post from - closes at 17:00 MST on Sundays.  All other branches are closed all day on Sundays.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
I think many of them leave their wifi up even while they're closed.  At least that's what I've heard... I don't have a laptop to verify that.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »
I think many of them leave their wifi up even while they're closed.  At least that's what I've heard... I don't have a laptop to verify that.

So, that would mean the homeless hobo has a laptop.

I call bullshit. ....on the entire Bobo the Hobo story. It's just a leech that wants other people to pay for it.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
I think many of them leave their wifi up even while they're closed.  At least that's what I've heard... I don't have a laptop to verify that.

All deranged homeless people have laptops - with wifi cards - in their shopping carts, of course...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »
All deranged homeless people have laptops - with wifi cards - in their shopping carts, of course...

Yeah, funny how that works. Here's MichBo at a homeless shelter:

I pay 100 f'n bucks for my phone. How much am I paying for this POS's phone?

BTW, I'd like to see some of these "homeless" try being homeless in another country.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 04:06:31 AM »
So, that would mean the homeless hobo has a laptop.

I call bullshit. ....on the entire Bobo the Hobo story. It's just a leech that wants other people to pay for it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 07:06:47 AM »
bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 08:51 PM
Response to Reply #18
33. Aren't YOU the superior one. If I copied an article in praise of someone running

against a Dem, I would be breaking the rules.

I was brought up to understand that rules are rules. What a concept.

And your verbal sneer doesn't gain friends.

Bullshit! There are societal rules that generally when followed will at least make sure someone has a roof over their head and food in their bellies and you balk and disdain those rules all the time bobohobo. You are using the rules as some kind of gotcha at DU and nothing more. Hell forgot rules, if bobohobo even had any manners she wouldn't be homeless but she's bit every hand that's every fed her from what I can tell because she doesn't have an ounce of humility to accept the charity that is given to her at the time and try to make better from that first stepping stone.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 07:32:08 AM »
Bullshit! There are societal rules that generally when followed will at least make sure someone has a roof over their head and food in their bellies and you balk and disdain those rules all the time bobohobo. You are using the rules as some kind of gotcha at DU and nothing more. Hell forgot rules, if bobohobo even had any manners she wouldn't be homeless but she's bit every hand that's every fed her from what I can tell because she doesn't have an ounce of humility to accept the charity that is given to her at the time and try to make better from that first stepping stone.
Well she is a liberal.....entitled to the bitter end! She probably expects you to thank her for helping her! :whatever:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »
Well she is a liberal.....entitled to the bitter end! She probably expects you to thank her for helping her! :whatever:

If she is indeed homeless, she's using it as a crutch to feather her nest. The problem is that works if you understand that charity doesn't always mean perfect, new, and shiny. Bobohobo thinks she's entitled to far more when it comes to charity. She reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the homeless got pissed because they gave them the bottom of the muffins from the muffin shop that sold the muffin tops only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eipl17WpOo

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »
Yeah, funny how that works. Here's MichBo at a homeless shelter:

I pay 100 f'n bucks for my phone. How much am I paying for this POS's phone?

BTW, I'd like to see some of these "homeless" try being homeless in another country.

I never get tired of that picture. :rofl:

Someone tried to defend that by saying that a homeless person needs a cell phone since they don't have a fixed address. You know for safety, stock tips and job interviews....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline lastparker

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »
OPERATIONMINDCRIME Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Nov-01-09 08:57 PM
Response to Reply #9
47. You're Stupid.

:-)
I LOVE that guy!
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
I've noticed a LOT of people over there have lost patience with the Queen of Teh Homeless.

OMC is not the only one which is probably why they left his post up.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »
Wow.

That bonfire's been doused, but there's no message from a moderator or administrator it's locked.

The whole thing is well worth reading in its original; it's really funny.

The Last Vegas blimp, the gigantic primitive, shows up, even.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
I think it's high time "Bobo the chimp" see a professional trainer. Wonder if the "Dog Whisperer" is busy? Should be right up his alley!

Is there a "Shit-flinging yard ape whisperer?"
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »
:rofl:

It's a pity Steve Irwin isn't around anymore.  He could hold some kind of celebrity intervention for his TV show.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.