Author Topic: I'm all out of outrage.  (Read 1120 times)

Offline CC27

I'm all out of outrage.
« on: November 01, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 12:17 PM
Original message
I'm all out of outrage.

Exhausted and feeling overwhelmed from the effort of trying to move mountains in an uncaring and, I'm coming to believe, undeserving world. SO buried in the detail of what needs to occur and what is occurring that I can no longer see either the forest or the trees and the world blends together in an amorphous grey mass. Beginnings and endings are illusions. I'm still one person among many one persons being cast aside by great forces and small, by friend and foe alike.

I don't know about you, but I'm very rapidly losing the will to fight.

This bonfire just started. All i have to say is  :wtf3:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6902087

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: I'm all out of outrage.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
No, you're not out of outrage, you're out of excuses to blame rethuglikkans for messes brought by democrat hands.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »
:bawl::sad1:

How melodramatic.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:41:05 AM »
Oh..... NO  NO  NO   NO !

Please don't give up !!

Here have some lemon-aid I've been making from all the lemon we're getting
from the White House!

::)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »
Nah, call Doc Kevorkian, he'll make you feel all better.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Nah, call Doc Kevorkian, he'll make you feel all better.

He said he's lost his will to fight, not his will to live....

But, with a little persuasion, then perhaps....   ::)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
What a sad and depressing bunch of losers.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »
Awwwww...nobody is giving you a free ride through life huh?

Drop dead  :loser:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
Aaaawwwww . . .

Skidmore  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Nov-01-09 12:17 PM
Original message
I'm all out of outrage.

Exhausted and feeling overwhelmed from the effort of trying to move mountains in an uncaring and, I'm coming to believe, undeserving world. SO buried in the detail of what needs to occur and what is occurring that I can no longer see either the forest or the trees and the world blends together in an amorphous grey mass. Beginnings and endings are illusions. I'm still one person among many one persons being cast aside by great forces and small, by friend and foe alike.

I don't know about you, but I'm very rapidly losing the will to fight.

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
Skidmore needs to get together with DUmmy Ladyhawke and the dirty, smelly wino DUmmy bobbolink. The three of them together could search for a glimmer of sunshine.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »
Oh..... NO  NO  NO   NO !

Please don't give up !!

Here have some lemon-aid I've been making from all the lemon we're getting
from the White House!

::)

Nina I agree so far, but if the lemonade has no sugar, then you get ulcers from all that acid.  ---Not that the sugar will prevent ulcers but by golly it sure tastes great.

I have an inkling what that poster is trying to convey, I equate Obama with a family with kids that spend all their money on  Christmas decorations with no money left to buy the kids any presents.  

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »
What a sad and depressing bunch of losers.

That's what we've been saying for years, BEG. :loser:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 02:39:13 PM »
A DUmmy out of outrage??? Bullshit. The moron will find more.  :loser:  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
What a *****.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
Awwww such a shame their Free Ponyâ„¢ has a flat.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 05:46:27 PM »
P-J Comix's most-excellent DUmmie FUnnies today features this very bonfire.

My comments over there:

The skidmarked underwear primitive is a late-middle-aged farmwife from eastern Iowa. She's had some hard knocks in life, but really, no harder than what knocks most other people around.

I've read the skidmarked underwear primitive for years now; the root of her unhappiness seems to be that, well, life never turned out for her the way life was supposed to turn out. That of course is the prevalent primitive way of thinking; the world is made to suit the primitive, not the primitive to adapt to the world.

The skidmarked underwear primitive, in addition to having this disconsolate side to her, has an ugly side to her, too.

Some time before the mid-term elections of 2006, a Republican candidate in Virginia was physically threatened and abused by a mob of Democrats, liberals, and primitives, and had to leave an event before it got even more physical.

The skidmarked underwear primitive remarked, "I hope to see more of this sort of thing."

A couple of months ago, the skidmarked underwear primitive whined about the "violence" (quotation marks intentional) of the tea party patriots, having so conveniently forgotten what she had said three years before.

Despite that life hasn't turned out the way the skidmarked underwear primitive thinks it should have, and despite those hard knocks the skidmarked underwear primitive has endured, and despite her constant voluntary unhappiness and ingratitude, one is hard pressed to feel an iota of sympathy for her.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »
Nina I agree so far, but if the lemonade has no sugar, then you get ulcers from all that acid.  ---Not that the sugar will prevent ulcers but by golly it sure tastes great.

I have an inkling what that poster is trying to convey, I equate Obama with a family with kids that spend all their money on  Christmas decorations with no money left to buy the kids any presents.  

They still have an almost limitless credit card though

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 05:46:46 AM »
They still have an almost limitless credit card though

Right Carl, as a child I spent all my allowance to buy a brand new wallet then found I had no money left to put in it.  I put in it pictures of friends and family school ID.

After a few weeks I had from my allowance a few folding bills and change.  I was so happy with my wallet that I often took it out to show off my pictures and the few bills inside.

A few weeks later the wallet was stolen by this bully of a girl a few grades up from me.

She with a smirk would then pull it out of her pocket to show me what she had done.

I had a heck of a time getting my Mother involved as she didn't want to make enemy's of the neighbors. She was a woozy.

I had a few friends that were willing to stick up for me, so we all went to the principals office as the wallet had been stolen on school property.

My friends all agreed this was my wallet and the bully just stood there and said Prove it.

The Principal had no choice, I could not even with witnesses prove that wallet was mine, gone were my family photos and my allowance.

I was told by the principal that in the future I should place my initials in a hidden area, she believed me but there was no Proof.

In today's world, we neglect to take precautions to protect our valuables.  We do not buy a bigscreen TV and write down the serial number, nor do we keep the serial numbers on our cars or trucks at hand.

Anyone know what the serial number is on the back of your $1,500 range or refrigerator?

Now when one invests their money into a bank , savings plan, or retirement fund, there are no set in stone laws you will get back one damn cent.   No way to yell thief when any of this is stolen.

I could have gotten my empty wallet back, but it was not the wallet I wanted but what was in it, important to me, a throw away for a thief.

It is the time and sacrifice one makes in life to go without for future good to ones self.  It is the hard labor and dreams of the future that lead us to those that will with a smile tell us to prove all your work was for nothing.

I may not be making myself  not so clear here but you know Carl I have taken steps to insure no bully gets my stuff again.

I have taken the Asian point of view from my coworkers.  I have taken the tax hit to remove what is left in my 401k and drawn it ALL out.  This I will invest in Government Bonds of all kinds.  no more fiddling about with anything that can rob me blind.

Once the 401k came into being Company's no longer have a Government Bond saving plan,
one must go with the company's plan and if one wants to buy savings bonds that are %100
 safe they have to do it on their own.

Never again will I do as a little girl buy a wallet that is empty of money just full of family love to be stolen by a Bully.

The only one at this or any time in investing is to trust is the Government.  When Company's begin to match government payroll deductions against these fly by night private company's that tell you up front you may loose all, then  will I feel safe from Bully's

Oh don't we love it one year we make a bundle in our 401k next year we loose more then if we had banked it for interest little as it is..

The stock market is not for us hourly wage earners, that is a game for the wealthy.  Banks pay little interest so what does a normal wage earner do to insure they get back their wallet intact---Government bonds.

Yes I know this is convoluted and confusing, but isn't all life based on lessons from the past.?

I have been yelled at for taking the tax hit and investing in my country. Family and all the experts tell me I am a fool. Time will tell, if I did the right thing, this is like burying money in Mason jars in the garden,  I am just a small time earner not a hot shot that invests thousands each and every day.  The investor's that loose can afford this, have a built in method to recoup their money.

If one wants to invest in anything make it their Government, Screw the sharks out to eat you alive, they will take your wallet with just a few dollars and family dreams and trash all that before they smirk as they show you what they have done.

Sorry this is not one of my better days, age and health problem keep me from running the streets naked with my butt painted rea white and blue.

However if things get worse, tune into Fox, I may get a 15 second moment of fame.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 07:56:39 AM »
Whoa, vesta, madam.

I thought I wrote long posts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »