Author Topic: The Bush recession/The 0Bama depression  (Read 472 times)

Offline thundley4

The Bush recession/The 0Bama depression
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »
Ironman3476 (56 posts)           Sat Oct-31-09 07:25 PM
Original message
The Bush Recession

Edited on Sat Oct-31-09 07:58 PM by Ironman3476
I was reading in another forum and came across the term "Bush recession" and got to wondering, why don't all progressives refer to it that way?

The right has, for some time now, held an advantage over us in how they frame things, hang labels on ideas and people they disagree with, and make them stick, regardless of how untrue or absurd.

Already, for months now I have been hearing reporters and commentators posing the question: How long before this becomes Obama's economy?" This infuriates me, because no matter how long it takes, Obama is dealing with BUSH'S recession.

If the economy were a jetliner, Obama took over the controls with the thing in a nose dive, and three engines ON FIRE! This recession should be hanging around W's neck forever.

Whenever a Dem is interviewed about the economy, every reference to it should be termed "Bushes recession". Especially on MSNBC, hang it on Bush, make HIM wear it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but framing, and labels DO make a difference, not so much to the readers here, but to the little informed masses who vote based upon ten second sound bites, name recognition, and "I like the way he/she looks". It just seems to me that truth ought to be involved somehow.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6899171
Hey asshole, where have you been?  All of the media has been saying the "Bush Recession", and Lord Zero is constantly blaming President Bush for every mistake he makes.

Kurovski   (1000+ posts)             Sat Oct-31-09 07:27 PM
Response to Original message
1. the results of the BushCheney takeover will be felt for years to come.

Damn right it's the Bush recession.

When did the economy start tanking?  Oh that's right, when the DimRats took control of congress.  :hammer:

Swamp Rat   (1000+ posts)           Sat Oct-31-09 07:28 PM
Response to Original message
2. I Prefer 'Republican Recession' ... or a variant 'Repiglicon Regression'

Welcome to DU! 

Of course you would. DUmmies and reality are complete strangers.

Ironman3476 (56 posts)           Sat Oct-31-09 07:54 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. Yeah, they all bear some responsibility, But W should wear the scarlet letter.

Edited on Sat Oct-31-09 07:55 PM by Ironman3476
Thanks for the welcome,Swamp Rat, glad to be here.
I just feel certain that if Obama presided over such a cataclysmic meltdown after being handed a robust economy turning a federal surplus, the clown-shoes over at Faux News would never mention the economy without making sure it was placed squarely on Obama's doorstep.

Can we ever get past the myth that Clinton left a surplus?  It was done on shoddy book keeping, much like the "created/saved jobs"  BS, or saying that unemployment is <10% when it's closer to 20%.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: The Bush recession/The 0Bama depression
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
The same day you asshats admit that the recession of 2000-2002 was Clintons and also state that 9/11 was enabled due to his/dems policies.