Author Topic: Democrats Could Close Groton Sub Base to Punish Lieberman  (Read 1711 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Democrats Could Close Groton Sub Base to Punish Lieberman
« on: October 31, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »
Yet another example of the folly of assigning liberals to guard duty.
Joining Rachel Maddow on her MSNBC show Thursday to vent about that pesky wabbit Joe Lieberman was Fire Dog Lake blogger Jane Hamsher.

Democrats wield considerable leverage over Lieberman, Hamsher opined, to keep him from joining a GOP filibuster of ObamaCare or punish him if he does --

MADDOW: ... I think you're right to point out that other senators sort of gently expressing their disapproval of his proverbial toplessness at this point is a bigger deal than it would be in the real world, that their words do actually sort of calibrate differently. But what leverage can they really bring to bear on him in order to get him to get in line?

HAMSHER: Well, as you say, there are people who do have influence over Joe Lieberman. Joe has his committee chairmanship of the Homeland Security Committee, that's his power base in the Senate. He's a very vain man and were that to be stripped from him, he would be like Rumpelstiltskin putting his foot through the floor. And the Democrats have the power to do that. So again, the Harkin, Conrad comments today were to the effect of, you know, let's, let's remember, you're here at our good graces, Joe.

But, you know, he also needs the sub base at Groton, which is, you know, the submarine version of the F-22, in order to stay in the good graces of Connecticut's citizens while he does stuff like this, and that's something that could, you know, potentially go as well.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2009/10/31/maddow-guest-jane-hamsher-democrats-could-close-groton-sub-base-punish
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Democrats Could Close Groton Sub Base to Punish Lieberman
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
he also needs the sub base at Groton, which is, you know, the submarine version of the F-22

Really??

How is Groton the sub version of an F-22?
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »
Uh, is there another round of BRAC being had?    They are still pissed off that GWB gave Lieberman a win by taking Groton off the closure list during the last round. 

Piss on the CT democratic base by threatening a Groton closure to get back at Lieberman ---- real smart politics.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
Really??

The F-22 was the subject of the huge pissing match in Congress in the 2010 defense authorization act the Messiah just signed.   It was cut. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
Uh, is there another round of BRAC being had?    They are still pissed off that GWB gave Lieberman a win by taking Groton off the closure list during the last round. 

Piss on the CT democratic base by threatening a Groton closure to get back at Lieberman ---- real smart politics.

Plus it would also piss off more military people.Oh wait, never mind, they don't care about that.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 08:45:53 PM »
The F-22 was the subject of the huge pissing match in Congress in the 2010 defense authorization act the Messiah just signed.   It was cut. 

I know that they stopped at 187 aircraft that are authorized being the SecDef's decision, which I believe to be wrong....................but how is a sub much less a sub base  the same as an F-22?  If no other than to scare Joe...............this should be fun to watch, cause Joe doesn't seem to scare easily :popcorn:

yeah and about that defense authorization bill......................NSPS dies  :cheersmate:

Though didn't Obumbler say he would veto the bill if they added the extra F35 motor??

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 09:19:57 PM »
I know that they stopped at 187 aircraft that are authorized being the SecDef's decision, which I believe to be wrong....................but how is a sub much less a sub base  the same as an F-22?  If no other than to scare Joe...............this should be fun to watch, cause Joe doesn't seem to scare easily :popcorn:

Sounds to me like yet another uneducated Libtard trying to act like they know what they're talking about...when they don't.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline 5412

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
Yet another example of the folly of assigning liberals to guard duty.
Joining Rachel Maddow on her MSNBC show Thursday to vent about that pesky wabbit Joe Lieberman was Fire Dog Lake blogger Jane Hamsher.

Democrats wield considerable leverage over Lieberman, Hamsher opined, to keep him from joining a GOP filibuster of ObamaCare or punish him if he does --

MADDOW: ... I think you're right to point out that other senators sort of gently expressing their disapproval of his proverbial toplessness at this point is a bigger deal than it would be in the real world, that their words do actually sort of calibrate differently. But what leverage can they really bring to bear on him in order to get him to get in line?

HAMSHER: Well, as you say, there are people who do have influence over Joe Lieberman. Joe has his committee chairmanship of the Homeland Security Committee, that's his power base in the Senate. He's a very vain man and were that to be stripped from him, he would be like Rumpelstiltskin putting his foot through the floor. And the Democrats have the power to do that. So again, the Harkin, Conrad comments today were to the effect of, you know, let's, let's remember, you're here at our good graces, Joe.

But, you know, he also needs the sub base at Groton, which is, you know, the submarine version of the F-22, in order to stay in the good graces of Connecticut's citizens while he does stuff like this, and that's something that could, you know, potentially go as well.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2009/10/31/maddow-guest-jane-hamsher-democrats-could-close-groton-sub-base-punish

Hi,

This should be shouted from every rooftop in the country.  Rahm Emmanuel is a very dangerous man and should be removed immediately.  This is no longer our elected representatives representing us; but rather them playing hard ball beyond our wildest imagination to support their communist agenda.

I hope this is picked up on because it will do the libs absolutely no good down the road because the public is sick of this kind of stuff.

regards,

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 05:09:50 AM »
Really??

Oh, hell, they have no idea, but it makes for nice red meat for the libtards.

On that note, I'd love to know where they'd put all the boats and schools that are now out of Groton, not to mention EB.  Someone on FR mentioned reopening Charleston--wouldn't that piss the moonbats off?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 05:21:09 AM »
Oh, hell, they have no idea, but it makes for nice red meat for the libtards.

On that note, I'd love to know where they'd put all the boats and schools that are now out of Groton, not to mention EB.  Someone on FR mentioned reopening Charleston--wouldn't that piss the moonbats off?

I don't believe Charlestonn could be reopened,  however to really piss em off, reopen Long Beach all those drydocks

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »
I don't believe Charlestonn could be reopened,  however to really piss em off, reopen Long Beach all those drydocks

Too late--Chinese own it now.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
Someone on FR mentioned reopening Charleston--wouldn't that piss the moonbats off?

You know...the more I think about it...the more I have no problem with shutting down bases in Moonbat infested areas and moving them to former or current installations in military friendly states.

California hates the military?  Fine.  You could move the military capabilities of say the NTC to the Big Bend area of West Texas.

Libs wanna punish Joe by shutting down Groton...ok...move everything...including EB to Charleston or to Kings Bay.  Hell I bet EB would love the corporation friendly environment around naval Station Ingleside.

Lotsa space in red states to move this stuff.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
As formerlurker notes, not without authorizing another BRAC round, they can't, and it is a multi-year process, not something they could count on bringing about while still in control of Congress.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.