Author Topic: gigantic primitive has genuine cold (update 10-28)  (Read 3001 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gigantic primitive has genuine cold (update 10-28)
« on: October 28, 2009, 09:06:51 AM »
http://drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=465

Oh my.

The gigantic primitive from Skins's island:

Ege Bamyasi
October 21, 2009

June 21, 2009 - 488 (-31 from Dec. 2007 lifetime high)
June 28 - 488 (unchanged due to quitting 3 daily doses of diuretics)

July 5 - 485 ( -3 )
July 12 - 478 ( -7 )
July 19 - 476 ( -2 )
July 26 - 475 ( -1 )

August 2 - 456 ( -19 ) ** (resumed diuretic and diabetic meds)
August 9 - 449 ( -7 )
August 16 - 454 ( +5 )
August 23 - 444 ( -10 ) (tried stopping lasix again -- no go)
August 30 - 449 ( +5 )

September 6 - 443 ( -6 )
September 13 - 442 ( -1 )
September 20 - 441 ( -1 )
September 27 - 440 ( -1 )

October 4 - 441 ( +1 )
October 11 - 435 ( -6 )
October 18 - 437 ( +2 )

Sorry this was late in coming. I actually forgot all about posting my results for the week until just a few minutes ago, as I'll explain....

I had a feeling a gain was coming last week when midweek I was up to 438. At least I recovered a bit of it back.

This is a quick post though, because I've been sick with a genuine cold (not some weird illness from the messed up lymphatic system in my legs) and it has me where I have a hard time breathing through my CPAP mask at night and also makes it hard to stare at the computer monitor or the TV for any length of time. I have one of those little inhaler tubes which smell strongly of mint or eucalyptus, which helps clear the sinuses for a little while. I also eat jalapeno rings now and then for additional help. Basically my sinuses and anything close to them -- like the eyes -- are toast. I'm hoping it won't turn into a throat infection or bronchitis because that's my usual pattern with these sinus things, but to be honest I have been very lucky about avoiding the more serious problems for the past few years.

Okay, my eyes are telling me they've had about enough, so I'm out for now. I hope I'll be turning the corner on this soon. I'll be back with more as soon as my head can handle looking at the screen.

Be well, everyone!  and {{hugs}}

31 lbs. in 18 months eating SAD (avg. 0.40 lbs./week)
53 lbs. in 16 weeks of McDougalling (avg. 3.31 lbs./week)

Ege Bamyasi
October 27, 2009

June 21, 2009 - 488 (-31 from Dec. 2007 lifetime high)
June 28 - 488 (unchanged due to quitting 3 daily doses of diuretics)

July 5 - 485 ( -3 )
July 12 - 478 ( -7 )
July 19 - 476 ( -2 )
July 26 - 475 ( -1 )

August 2 - 456 ( -19 ) ** (resumed diuretic and diabetic meds)
August 9 - 449 ( -7 )
August 16 - 454 ( +5 )
August 23 - 444 ( -10 ) (tried stopping lasix again -- no go)
August 30 - 449 ( +5 )

September 6 - 443 ( -6 )
September 13 - 442 ( -1 )
September 20 - 441 ( -1 )
September 27 - 440 ( -1 )

October 4 - 441 ( +1 )
October 11 - 435 ( -6 )
October 18 - 437 ( +2 )
October 25 - 436 ( -1 )

Well, I had come on Sunday evening and posted the new weigh-in results, along with responses to all of you who have posted recently in my journal. I managed to accidentally close the browser tab just before I was going to submit a long post. I was really upset after that because I had written a lot of stuff and pushed my still sore and sensitive eyes to the limits.

So, this one is short and sweet, and I'll try to reply again in the next day or two. Jeanette is home for another week, but it's not vacation this time; rather, it's time spent waiting for a new training class to begin as her call center has lost the client she formerly worked for. This is going to put her back on a full time schedule at least for a while, which will be great for our finances but will leave her very short on time to get other things done. I'm going to be trying to step in to fill some of the gaps, but with the shoulders the way they are I'm not sure how much I can do. I'm still going to try!

As for the sinus thing, I'm not as plugged up any longer like I used to be, but I think I may have developed an infection. I've had these before (some very bad), but this one is just lingering around more than worsening. I can handle light better, so posting here isn't so tough now.  I'm also able to move around more without breathing issues, which is good because I spent over a week going completely nuts in bed with little more to do than listening to streaming radio or music. I'm about ready to finally try and get on that recumbent as well. As for the Neti-Pot idea, I'm definitely going to look into it, and I think when Jeanette gets paid we'll see about investing in a kit.

I'm going to stop here so that we can have our dinner and spend some time together this evening. I'll be back around tomorrow and will spend some time checking up on y'all.

I hope you're having a healthy and happy week!

31 lbs. in 18 months eating SAD (avg. 0.40 lbs./week)
53 lbs. in 16 weeks of McDougalling (avg. 3.31 lbs./week)

It's great, it's really great.

Only 36 more pounds to lose, after which the gigantic primitive can dust off the resume and pound the pavements looking for a job.

I'm really happy for the gigantic primitive; just 36 pounds away to independence from the dole.

By the way, what does one suppose this "Neti-Pot" thing is?

Suppose it's what I imagine it is?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: gigantic primitive has genuine cold (update 10-28)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:12:22 AM »
A neti-pot is like a little tea pot that you use to pour water into one nostril while tipping your head so it flows out the other nostril.  It is supposed to be really effective for clearing out nasal congestion.   

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
A neti-pot is like a little tea pot that you use to pour water into one nostril while tipping your head so it flows out the other nostril.  It is supposed to be really effective for clearing out nasal congestion.

Oh.

I was thinking it was a supersize superstrength (so as not to break) bed-pan.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »

My Mom has one, and my wife has tried it.  They both say it works, but my Dad and I are not about to pour THAT much water down our noses.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »
I guess the Hughmoungus Primitive can't wrap the idea of the "eat less" diet around his gut mind???

I had a feeling a gain was coming last week when midweek I was up to 438.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
My Mom has one, and my wife has tried it.  They both say it works, but my Dad and I are not about to pour THAT much water down our noses.

I don't get it.

Interrogators pour water down the noses of prisoners to obtain information, it's torture....

Primitives pour water down their own noses, it's therapy....

WTF!   :mental:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »

You mean it is going to WATERBOARD itself?!  Really?  The horror.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
Beat ya to it by 20 secs, Tex....     :evillaugh:

Great minds think alike, right!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Beat ya to it by 20 secs, Tex....     :evillaugh:

LOL  I saw that! 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
Bump for thread reads.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

Self-Waterboard Kit

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »
It's past 100 views.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »
Aww come on Thundley, you like the avatar. 

He's been sighted again!
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
It's past 100 views.

I was away for a bit.

When I left, it was only at 81 "reads," 19 shy of what I needed to replace the avatar.

I had to go out and look for the cat Decker, alongside the river, as we're supposed to get rain tonight.  I suppose I should've enjoyed the walk, communing with nature, and whatnot, but all I wanted to do was find the cat.  Surrounded by nature here, I'd just as soon not deal with it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
Did you find Decker?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
I have had horrible stuffed sinuses for a long time and just last year I found the squeeze bottle version and it really is helpful.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
Did you find Decker?

No, but since it's going to rain, Decker will probably show up on the front porch.

I'd just as soon he showed up BEFORE it begins to rain.

Managing cats can be a real stress-inducer.

It's about 45 degrees right now, a pleasant autumn day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
No, but since it's going to rain, Decker will probably show up on the front porch.

I'd just as soon he showed up BEFORE it begins to rain.

Managing cats can be a real stress-inducer.

It's about 45 degrees right now, a pleasant autumn day.

45 degrees is pleasant?!  Frank, in Texas water freezes at 50 degrees.  Absolutely miserable.

KC

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
45 degrees is pleasant?!  Frank, in Texas water freezes at 50 degrees.  Absolutely miserable.

Well, it's October up here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »

Oh dear Lord.  I'll take my 65 degree Thanksgivings (Native American Day  :lmao:) Any day of the week.

Heck, we can jet ski until November a lot of times and start jet skiing in March or April. 

KC

*Stolen

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »

I decided to change my Avatar too.

This is the USS Texas. It is now a museum in the Houston ship channel near Baytown I believe.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
Aww come on Thundley, you like the avatar. 

He's been sighted again!
He bought one of those Government Motors Goremobiles!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 03:49:10 AM »

KC

I agree. 45 is good for January, not October.  :evillaugh:  I'm still swimming in an outdoor pool.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 03:54:41 AM »
This guy will never get a job, let alone help his wife around the house.

He will always have an excuse, for example:

I'm going to be trying to step in to fill some of the gaps, but with the shoulders the way they are I'm not sure how much I can do. I'm still going to try!

The only thing he is going to try is another bucket of fried chicken after Jeanette gets paid.  :tongue:

I use this rather then a neti pot:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp179976_332828_sespider/