Author Topic: Dogs and cats as bad as SUV's  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Dogs and cats as bad as SUV's
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
Robb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Oct-24-09 12:12 PM
Original message
"How dogs damage the planet like a 4x4"

HOW DOGS DAMAGE THE PLANET LIKE A 4X4
A MEDIUM-sized dog has the same carbon impact as a Toyota Land Cruiser driven 6,000 miles a year, a new book claims.

Time To Eat The Dog: The Real Guide To Sustainable Living also suggests a cat is equivalent to running a Volkswagen Golf.

The findings are based on the amount of land needed to grow food for pets.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6847653

The little dog we have when he farts I am sure 3 or 4 polar bears melt right away.
 :lmao:

I wonder if a goldfish is comparable to driving a Prius.  :-)

I am afraid to ask but will the libs suggest a pet tax now?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Dogs and cats as bad as SUV's
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »
Don't say T-A-X.  They might hear you. :thatsright:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:37:43 AM »
Don't say T-A-X.  They might hear you. :thatsright:

I heard on the radio the other day FL is planning on making people have to either use their own bags at the grocery store or have to pay for the ones the store gives you now. So sadly my little joke isn't far fetched at all.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6847653

I heard a news item last week that they were considering a tax credit for pet ownership........

The inmates are running the asylum....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
Well, but you can't eat a 4X4 if things get really tough, so pets do have a big advantage there...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:11:53 PM »
I heard on the radio the other day FL is planning on making people have to either use their own bags at the grocery store or have to pay for the ones the store gives you now. So sadly my little joke isn't far fetched at all.

We already have Aldi food store who do that. They're a German company who charge for everything. You even pay a quarter deposit to use a shopping cart. Once you return it and chain it to the others you'll get your 2 bits back.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
I heard a news item last week that they were considering a tax credit for pet ownership........

I heard that too. I sure could use it - I have two that I should get tax credits for because they are expensive little dependents. I spend more on their hair than I do my own.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 01:06:47 AM »
Well, but you can't eat a 4X4 if things get really tough, so pets do have a big advantage there...

I'd rather use my 4X4 to run over DUmmies than to consider eating my Dachshund....

(Although he would look rather tasty on a bun, smothered in relish and mustard....)   :drool:

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 04:11:32 AM »

True - but you can still use said 4x4 to chase down and "pre-tenderize" game when you've spent all your rounds exterminating the Zombie Hoards.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 04:47:29 AM »
I'd rather use my 4X4 to run over DUmmies than to consider eating my Dachshund....

(Although he would look rather tasty on a bun, smothered in relish and mustard....)   :drool:

Gary Larson called Dachsunds "wiener dogs."  I'm sure that the two of you thought alike. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 06:17:15 AM »
In case you hadn't noticed: liberals are more emotionally invested plants and animals than humans. They'll cry for trees but never cry for unborn human children.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »
In case you hadn't noticed: liberals are more emotionally invested plants and animals than humans. They'll cry for trees but never cry for unborn human children.

Excellent point.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »
Living proof that DUmmies are nearly too stupid to live:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSEaHyzbqTA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSEaHyzbqTA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »

The inmates are running the asylum....

doc

Hey....I'd take the tax credit.....we have 4 cats. No more kids that are deductible...we need whatever we can get! :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »
I heard that too. I sure could use it - I have two that I should get tax credits for because they are expensive little dependents. I spend more on their hair than I do my own.

I highly doubt that it would be a tax credit; more like an excise tax on pet supplies and services with the tax and spend happy turkeys we have in DC.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
Gary Larson called Dachsunds "wiener dogs."  I'm sure that the two of you thought alike. :tongue:

"Jake" is a wiener, he knows it, and is damned proud of it.   

He turned 10 last month, and still jumps around like a Mexican jumping bean on crack when he's excited, he just doesn't jump as high or as long as he used to.... 

Dachshunds are not chosen by their owners, they CHOOSE their owners, and Jake chose me 7 years ago, when I met my current wife, who BTW, is having a birthday TODAY!   :bday:

I LOVE YOU, MY ANGEL!   :blowkiss:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »
We already have Aldi food store who do that. They're a German company who charge for everything. You even pay a quarter deposit to use a shopping cart. Once you return it and chain it to the others you'll get your 2 bits back.
For 2 bits, I'd leave the shopping cart in a ditch next to the parking lot, sans one wheel.
 :fuelfire: :innocent:

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
For 2 bits, I'd leave the shopping cart in a ditch next to the parking lot, sans one wheel.
 :fuelfire: :innocent:

Do like a friend of my oldest son used to do.  Shopping cart bowling....

They'd take a cart, and while one was driving the truck, the passenger would hold on to the cart while they accelerated across the parking lot.  The driver would hit the brakes, the passenger would release the cart, and over the guardrail at the edge of the parking lot it would go, down over the bank....

Wasn't nothing to find 8-10 carts in the branch on Sunday morning....

Offline jukin

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 09:12:25 PM »
**** with my dog and he will bring you back from wherever you drop.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »
Living proof that DUmmies are nearly too stupid to live:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSEaHyzbqTA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSEaHyzbqTA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

That is one of the most bizarre videos I've ever seen. I have to email that around.
Can you just imagine what those trees would say in reply, if they could only talk......

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
"Jake" is a wiener, he knows it, and is damned proud of it.   

He turned 10 last month, and still jumps around like a Mexican jumping bean on crack when he's excited, he just doesn't jump as high or as long as he used to.... 

Dachshunds are not chosen by their owners, they CHOOSE their owners, and Jake chose me 7 years ago, when I met my current wife, who BTW, is having a birthday TODAY!   :bday:

I LOVE YOU, MY ANGEL!   :blowkiss:

Happy birthday to Mrs. diesel! I've got 15 & 14 yr. old Australian Shepherds (the 14 yr. old still herds...raw egg every morning keeps 'em healthy) and 2 cattle dogs but knowing how big of a carbon footprint they leave I sure wish I had more.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »
I don't know about leaving a carbon "paw"print, but I do know that pets bring an awful lot to the economic table.  People spend incredible amounts of money on their pets... there are entire businesses that revolve around pets. 

Maybe the gov't can dish out a cash for clunkers program for big dogs.  Trade your big dog in for a smaller model that eats less, get a fat tax rebate.   ::)

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 11:49:59 AM »
Happy birthday to Mrs. diesel! I've got 15 & 14 yr. old Australian Shepherds (the 14 yr. old still herds...raw egg every morning keeps 'em healthy) and 2 cattle dogs but knowing how big of a carbon footprint they leave I sure wish I had more.

Cindie
Aussie shepherds are very good dogs, very smart and loyal....

I had a border collie/Aussie mix that was the smartest dog I have ever seen in my life.  He was my son's dog, and "Ozzy" could almost be told what to do and he'd do it!  Ozzy never met a stranger, LOVED to play "fetch", and kept all the wild varmits off the porch....

Sadly, we lost Ozzy to lymphatic cancer Christmas Day, 2004.  He was only 5....

Interestingly enough, Ozzy's dad (the border collie) is still going strong at 14....

I intend to get me some more "wiener dogs", but probably not before Jake has passed on....

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53:26 AM »
I don't know about leaving a carbon "paw"print, but I do know that pets bring an awful lot to the economic table.  People spend incredible amounts of money on their pets... there are entire businesses that revolve around pets.  

Maybe the gov't can dish out a cash for clunkers program for big dogs.  Trade your big dog in for a smaller model that eats less, get a fat tax rebate.   ::)

They could call it "Cash for Chunkers"....

I wonder how much of a fat tax rebate I could get for a FAT Dachshund....   ::)   :lmao:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:56:13 AM by diesel driver »