Author Topic: primitives discuss treats for Halloween  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: primitives discuss treats for Halloween
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »
I'm surprised that the DUmmies haven't suggested giving out 0bama-care propaganda to the kiddies.  Never too young to indoctrinate. :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »
I'm surprised that the DUmmies haven't suggested giving out 0bama-care propaganda to the kiddies.  Never too young to indoctrinate. :whatever:

Give 'em time....they still have a week to think about it. ::)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »

Oh yeah....remember "dots"....they were little multicolored dots about the size of a redhot and stuck to narrow sheets of white paper?

And the narrow sheets of taffy, pixie stix when they were the size of a #2 pencil?

Pixie stix, yeah! Everybody loved those. Squirrel Nut Zippers. The little individual sticks of Chum Gum. Good eats.

Oh, and lest I forget, candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars. Everything a growing kid needs. :-)
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
Pixie stix, yeah! Everybody loved those. Squirrel Nut Zippers. The little individual sticks of Chum Gum. Good eats.

Oh, and lest I forget, candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars. Everything a growing kid needs. :-)

I knew they still made the candy cigars, some people pass them out when they have babies.  I didn't know that you could still get the candy cigarettes, though.

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/Candy-Stix-Cigarettes-10ct/productinfo/HFCA114/

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/Bubble-Gum-Cigars-Assorted-Flavors-7oz/productinfo/HFCA327/

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »

At Halloween...we got the little boxes of candy cigarettes....they were all white with one end tinted red.

At Christmas....they came in a little colored plastic case and were chocolate wrapped in super thin white paper.  :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
People used to bring their kids into our neighborhood because it was large, safe and everyone gave out the "good stuff". Plus the couple that lived across and a couple of houses up from mine would do a haunted house. They have this breezeway between the house and garage with a pass door at the back of the garage. She would block off the front where the garage door is with a big tarp so the kids couldn't see in the garage and make the breezeway really dark and creepy with hanging down stuff.

She would wear a witch costume with her face all made up too.

We go all out for Halloween.  We have a big spooky old house with a dancing ghost in the attic, visible through a large fan-light.  We also have a real ghost somewhere.  Our signature treat are boxes of Freihoffer's chocolate chip cookies.  The parents love 'em.  And, Gobux is exactly right about word of mouth spreading like wildfire.

When we lived in Spokane, "Toots" always went all out! She did the wicked Witch thing too, including some gnarly teeth, green make-up, and a fake nose! She's great at it! She still travels into the city to take my grandkids out. Her latest thing is Medusa! She wants me to "invent a way to make those rubber snakes wriggle all over out of a wig. I figure I might be able to use a "stamp processor" and that wire that expands and contracts with how many volts you give it. It will be my paste of resistance!

Way back when, during my "egg slingshot" days, there was an old gal that cooked us peanut butter cookies! She would bake at least 12 dozen and be out by 8 pm. We always hit her place at least three times! After that she would tell us "that's enough! Save some for the other kids!". She made the best cookies I have ever eaten. I delivered her newspaper, too! The tips were always coooooookies!!!!!!!!!!! I actually delivered newspapers longer than I wanted, 'cause she told me I was the best paperboy she ever had! Man! Those were good cookies!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:38:22 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »

Remember the worksheet to go with his speech?

'How can I help the President'? etc etc etc

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »
I give out those little miniature bottles of booze like you get on airlines. It's fun to watch the little tykes get liquored up and stumble around the neighborhood.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »
I give out those little miniature bottles of booze like you get on airlines. It's fun to watch the little tykes get liquored up and stumble around the neighborhood.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Love. It.   :bday:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »
I was thinking about giving out the small do it yourself water boarding kits, the kids love em'  :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »

Now that's frikkin' funny! You owe me a new keyboard if it doesn't work after spittin' my scotch all over it!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »
"Twick *HIC* or Tweet!"

:tongue:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:42 AM »
Now that's frikkin' funny! You owe me a new keyboard if it doesn't work after spittin' my scotch all over it!

Put me down for one . . . Coffee with honey can be a tough thing to clean up . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »
I give out those little miniature bottles of booze like you get on airlines. It's fun to watch the little tykes get liquored up and stumble around the neighborhood.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Each kid who comes to my door gets one cartridge of .45ACP 230gr Gold Dot.

I only had three kids come to the door last year (they were together). Wonder if they will be back this year...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:24:02 PM by crockspot »