Author Topic: Fines proposed for going without health insurance.  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Fines proposed for going without health insurance.
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:54 AM »
An 18-page summary of the Baucus proposal was obtained by The Associated Press. The complex plan would make dozens of changes in the health care system, many of them contentious. For example, it includes new fees on insurers, drug companies, medical device manufacturers and clinical labs.

Hmmm so what they intend to do is make it more expensive for everyone. First make it mandatory then make the insurance companies, drug companies, etc pay the govt fees. The fees will be passed on to us the consumer. Maybe I am wearing tin foil here but sounds like they are trying to push costs up so that we will want a public option that costs less.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chump

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:52 AM »
Hmmm so what they intend to do is make it more expensive for everyone. First make it mandatory then make the insurance companies, drug companies, etc pay the govt fees. The fees will be passed on to us the consumer. Maybe I am wearing tin foil here but sounds like they are trying to push costs up so that we will want a public option that costs less.

No tinfoil, friend.  Consider also, that nearly every financial officer of every business in the U.S. will make the logical conclusion that switching to the public option is in the company's best financial interests.

Call it what you will, but the logical outcome is a single-payer option, by default.

This must be our line in the sand, folks.  Of all the stupid things the Dems can do while in office, this one can't be "undone," per se, and it will destroy the best health care system in the world.  It firmly entrenches the government in every aspect of our private lives.  Beyond that, over half the country doesn't want it.  Passing this cluster**** of a bill will invite open hostilities, in my humble opinion.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
No tinfoil, friend.  Consider also, that nearly every financial officer of every business in the U.S. will make the logical conclusion that switching to the public option is in the company's best financial interests.

Call it what you will, but the logical outcome is a single-payer option, by default.

This must be our line in the sand, folks.  Of all the stupid things the Dems can do while in office, this one can't be "undone," per se, and it will destroy the best health care system in the world.  It firmly entrenches the government in every aspect of our private lives.  Beyond that, over half the country doesn't want it.  Passing this cluster**** of a bill will invite open hostilities, in my humble opinion.

Precisely my concern.  My CFO has already stated the exact same thing.  Why offer care if it is that expensive, and they can get it elsewhere for less. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
And even then, not all states mandate similar coverages or levels, or even require that good drivers even buy insurance.  The person holding the title to your vehicle will, but that's not the same as the state.

You can self-insure in many of them, as well, though it may involve posting one Hell of a bond to do it, and it is therefore a rarely-exercised option.  The states generally require 'Proof of financial responsibility,' which is NOT always necessarily insurance.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »
No tinfoil, friend.  Consider also, that nearly every financial officer of every business in the U.S. will make the logical conclusion that switching to the public option is in the company's best financial interests.

This must be our line in the sand, folks.  Of all the stupid things the Dems can do while in office, this one can't be "undone," per se, and it will destroy the best health care system in the world.  It firmly entrenches the government in every aspect of our private lives.  Beyond that, over half the country doesn't want it.  Passing this cluster**** of a bill will invite open hostilities, in my humble opinion.

Couldn't agree more.  And, despite what the DUmb****s think, it will end horribly for them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.