Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Recreating The Wellstone Orgy For Dead Ted  (Read 556 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Recreating The Wellstone Orgy For Dead Ted
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:53:04 PM »
spanone  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:34 PM
Original message
Conservative media invoke Wellstone memorial smear in predicting politicization of Kennedy's death
Following Sen. Ted Kennedy's death, conservative media figures have returned to the smear that the
memorial service for Sen. Paul Wellstone (D-MN) became "a political rally" to suggest that progressives
will excessively politicize Kennedy's death. But as now-Sen. Al Franken documented at length, the claim
that Wellstone's memorial was politicized is a myth based on distortions propagated by the conservative media.

Hannity on Kennedy's death: "a lot of this was the politicizing of -- remember Paul Wellstone's death?"

Savage fill-in Markowski on possible naming of health care bill after Kennedy: "It's political theater" like
the "Wellstone memorial."

Lopez on Kennedy's death: Wellstone service "turned into a political rally."

http://mediamatters.org/research/200908270005

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6407660

eleny  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:35 PM
1. On the other hand, they could just mind their own business
What a bunch of weasels

hedgehog  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:37 PM
3. Given Wellstone's life, why the hell shouldn't his funeral have 
been politicized? Politics is a toll that can be used for good or evil. Both he and Kennedy used it for good.
I'm sure Senator Kennedy would rather have a universal health care bill named for him and passed than
an out-of-date airport representing a hazard to the nation's capital!

DUmmy hedgehog thinks Senator Kennedy is still interested in socialized medicine for everyone except
Kennedys. Actually Senator Kennedy these days is far more worried about becoming acquainted with brimstone.

dflprincess  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 11:37 PM
14. It WASN'T his funeral 
that's what really tees me off when they start in on this.

Paul and Sheila's funeral was a private, religious service held the day before. The memorial was a public event held to remember the public man (as well as all the others killed in the plane crash). Not mentioning politics at that would have been like not mentioning baseball at Kirby Puckett's public memorial at the Metrodome.

Senator Kennedy's funeral will be a Mass of Christian burial - for the most part the funeral will follow a strict pattern that every Catholic funeral follows. Even if the wingnuts weren't waiting to pounce, any politicking in the church will no doubt be kept very low key and I'll bet it will be limited to mentioning the issues that were important to the Senator.

In the church it will be low key. Many people will be offended by a Mass of Christian Burial being
celebrated for a man who spent most of his life loudly telling the Church to go shit in its hat.

onehandle  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:45 PM
5. Let's just chuck Teddy into a dumpster.
Will that pass the con-servative sniff test?

Please don't do that!!
Apologizing in advance to the tender sensibilities of some here, I must
again warn of the risk we are running.
http://www.theexplodingwhale.com/more-whales/20040126-taiwan/

Cha  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 10:57 PM
7. Too bad they don't like it..but that only means that it's
a good thing. I don't care if cnn and all their whores declare it a political rally ..tough shite..the
corporate media Whores are Through telling us how to mourn.

Do not tell DUmmies how to mourn!
It's as bad as questioning their patriotism!

azmouse  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 11:03 PM
9. To hell with the RW.
They had this smear ready to go for months when they knew Kennedy was dying.
DUmmy azmouse knows what he's talking about.
For a lot of us it's like Christmas and Fitzmas all rolled into one!

Gold Metal Flake  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 11:11 PM
10. There was something wrong with the Wellstone memorial?
No. There was nothing ****ing wrong with the Wellstone memorial.

Nothing wrong with it at all. It was grotesque and macabre, just like democrat
beliefs.

wolfgangmo (870 posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 11:18 PM
It's kinda funny that you are 6 times as likely to die from flying if you are a dem politician than a
repuke. And how did the FBI manage to drive 3.5 hours to a crash from their office in only 1/2 an hour?
Makes ya' wonder, don't it?

Lots of us tried to tell them not to pre-position that damn FBI team! We knew the DUmmies
would catch that. But noooooo...

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Recreating The Wellstone Orgy For Dead Ted
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:26:07 AM »
You know, the Wellstone necromania was one of the rare things I watched in its entirety on television.  I disremember why that happened, but that's what happened; I saw the whole thing, from start to finish.

Maybe I was bored that particular day, and there wasn't any fresh paint to oversee while it dried, or maybe I had already just changed the air in the tires of the automobile, or something.

To deny that was a political event is similar with denying the earth is round, or water is wet.  Utter madness.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »
You know, the Wellstone necromania was one of the rare things I watched in its entirety on television.  I disremember why that happened, but that's what happened; I saw the whole thing, from start to finish.

Maybe I was bored that particular day, and there wasn't any fresh paint to oversee while it dried, or maybe I had already just changed the air in the tires of the automobile, or something.

To deny that was a political event is similar with denying the earth is round, or water is wet.  Utter madness.

Frank,these are folks posting at a site that contains and happily gives a voice to a certain number who believe that there were no planes on 9/11.
Reality is truly what they imagine it to be.

Primitives take that to the extreme as they do everything but the need and ability to believe what isn`t and can`t be so is the cornerstone of liberalism.
Without it the whole thing falls apart as we know.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
It's not surprising to me that libs haven't a clue that a funeral is suppose to be a somber moment and a time to quietly comfort the family.  To them, a funeral is a time to break out the booze and the bong and do whatever makes them feel good at the moment, and the grieving family can fend for themselves.  And then you get some cases where the lib family is too stupid to know how to conduct themselves at their own family members' funeral, i.e. Wellstone's family.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.