Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Fellow DUmmy Elizabeth Edwards  (Read 647 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Fellow DUmmy Elizabeth Edwards
« on: August 22, 2009, 10:00:11 PM »
It's been a long time since we've heard much about John Edwards. When the jug-eared Kenyan
promised everyone a pony, we all forgot about the Silky Pony. Then he got all wee-weed up.

RamboLiberal  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-22-09 08:52 PM
Original message
Elizabeth Edwards opens furniture store in NC
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) - The wife of former North Carolina Sen. and presidential candidate John Edwards has opened a furniture store.

Multiple media outlets report that Elizabeth Edwards opened the store called Red Window in downtown Chapel Hill on Saturday. Edwards says the store will be similar to The Red Door, a charity store her mother managed in Japan.

John Edwards also attended the opening.
Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A87O480&show_...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6371745
Anyone who was a fan of The Sopranos will know why this caught my eye.
Tony bought off Carmella by financing a spec house she wanted to build.
Same situation.

graywarrior  (1000+ posts)      Sat Aug-22-09 08:54 PM
Response to Original message
2. I hope she's not selling any dining room tables...lol!
I have no idea what DUmmy graywarrior means by this comment.

MannyGoldstein  (1000+ posts)        Sat Aug-22-09 08:58 PM
3. If John's Involved, It Will Be Rent-To-Own
Precisely the kind of stuff his hedge fund financed.

Why she keeps company with him is beyond me.

Hissyspit  (1000+ posts)         Sat Aug-22-09 09:12 PM
6. The two worst things that ever happened to Elizabeth Edwards 
had nothing to do with John Edward's character.
I may stop by there tomorrow and check it out if they're open on Sunday and I'll report back on what I find.

I also don't know what DUmmy Hissyspit means. I feel so dumb.

tomm2thumbs  (1000+ posts)       Sat Aug-22-09 09:10 PM
5. so many wood jokes, so little time
(sigh)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Fellow DUmmy Elizabeth Edwards
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
With all the bankrupt or going-out-of-business furniture stores I see, you would think this would be a bad business decision.  Then again, NC is big in the furniture-making business (from what I heard while I lived there).
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:43:39 AM »
I think that graywarrior's comment might have something to do with Rick Pitino.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline WMD Owl

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:48:45 AM »
You heard that John moved the "bimbo" and his "love child" to NC so he can spend time helping to raise the kid?

I feel sorry for Ms. Edwards with the cancer and all, but at least the SOB vermin she has for a husband is going to try to be a father.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »
You heard that John moved the "bimbo" and his "love child" to NC so he can spend time helping to raise the kid?

I feel sorry for Ms. Edwards with the cancer and all, but at least the SOB vermin she has for a husband is going to try to be a father.

So tell me OWL, besides donating sperm and DNA  for the conception, what is a father in any society.?

Once the act is done, to a complete stranger, he  can walk away.  Once the donation is made to wife or girlfriend, he can still walk away,

Not easy to find males that want the responsibility of raising kids.   Then one may question the motives of a man that hangs about with children.    Nasty minds out there.

In the old days kids were expected to learn from Dad his trade.  Today Dads are not inclined to teach their kids especially girls their trade.

When one asks fiends about their family today, the answer may be that they work in a job their kids have little knowledge of.

Example---Say Grandpaw is a master electrician, he also loves to fish.  You spent time with him fishing and now love the sport but know nothing about his trade.

What is more important teaching a child a trade they can carry on their back or take them golfing or fishing.??

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:19 AM »
Maybe not in your houehold Vespa. My son has worked with me for years! Again you prove you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »
So tell me OWL, besides donating sperm and DNA  for the conception, what is a father in any society.?

Once the act is done, to a complete stranger, he  can walk away.  Once the donation is made to wife or girlfriend, he can still walk away,

Not easy to find males that want the responsibility of raising kids.   Then one may question the motives of a man that hangs about with children.    Nasty minds out there.

In the old days kids were expected to learn from Dad his trade.  Today Dads are not inclined to teach their kids especially girls their trade.

When one asks fiends about their family today, the answer may be that they work in a job their kids have little knowledge of.

Example---Say Grandpaw is a master electrician, he also loves to fish.  You spent time with him fishing and now love the sport but know nothing about his trade.

What is more important teaching a child a trade they can carry on their back or take them golfing or fishing.??

You are like a small child.  You don't know any better.  You think everyone lives in the world you created in your not-yet-developed mind.  A world where John Edwards has some sort of moral worth?  No.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 07:44:46 AM »
Quote from:
The 700-square-foot space is packed with tables, accent pieces, sofas, chairs, lamps, rugs, paintings, pottery and bookcases. Edwards purchased it all from High Point. Her sister, Nancy, designed and created shadowboxes with seashell displays inside them.

Hughes says the store aims to carry furniture that is functional, comfortable and eclectic at reasonable prices. “We know that people, especially now, are on a budget,” she says.

Accessories start at $10. Hand-painted lamps sell for $50, and small canvas paintings are priced at $35. A set of three side tables painted with polka dots sells for $185. For those with larger budgets, a leather sofa is priced at $3,000. If a customer is looking for a specific piece of furniture, Hughes may have it at a warehouse stocked with more inventory.

http://www.chapelhillmagazine.com/blog/2009/8/6/elizabeth-edwards-red-window-opens-its-doors.html

A furniture store that's only 700 square feet is a front.  Guarantee you she's got some exclusive lines from somewhere overseas that she'll sell via special order.  That type of store is not unusual.  She can do whatever she wants, but to guise it as though she's exclusively being charitable is dishonest, because the clientele in the Chapel Hill area and those likely to drive there for furniture aren't exactly charity material.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »
I think that graywarrior's comment might have something to do with Rick Pitino.
You're probably right, but dining room tables and restaurant tables just seem different to me.
On the other hand, these are DUmmies.

And 700 sq. ft. is a lot smaller than Silky Pony's guest bathroom, but even that doesn't make
sense if she's facing the deadly prognosis they've had so many press conferences about. Do not
forget, since he stopped ambulance chasing, they have made a living preying on DUmmies.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
Her new "business venture" is getting plenty of free publicity from CNN.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »

That was called "women's liberation" - for some reason society no longer expected men to have any responsibility for their actions, mostly because "women" thought they could do that too. It doesn't seem to be working out very well, especially for the kids.