Author Topic: HEH! - Ex-Wives and Others Eagerly Await the UBS Tax-Cheater List  (Read 438 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Are_grits_groceries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Aug-21-09 09:25 AM
Original message
HEH! - Ex-Wives and Others Eagerly Await the UBS Tax-Cheater List

It's not just the U.S. government that wants to get its hands on the list of Americans who hold secretive Swiss bank accounts. Ex-wives, creditors and former business partners are also salivating over the idea that a settlement between the U.S., the Swiss government and a Swiss bank may lead to the public disclosure of as many as 4,450 U.S. individuals that used the foreign bank accounts to hide money. Prominent New York City divorce lawyer Raoul Lionel Felder says he is already getting calls from clients who want to know what they can do to get their portion of the money they always suspected their ex–loved one had tucked away overseas.

"You see allegations of Swiss bank accounts in divorce proceedings all the time," says Felder, whose clients have included Rudy Giuliani, Robin Givens and the former Mrs. Martin Scorsese. "A lot of divorces are going to get opened up."
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,191782...

I hope they get hit from every possible direction!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6361066

Must be Obama needs some new cabinet members.  :lmao:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: HEH! - Ex-Wives and Others Eagerly Await the UBS Tax-Cheater List
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »
New York City?  Isn't that town like 90 percent 'Rat?

Oh, the Law of Unintended Consequences raises its ugly head yet again.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: HEH! - Ex-Wives and Others Eagerly Await the UBS Tax-Cheater List
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
.....the Law of Unintended Consequences raises its ugly head yet again.

Oh, it will, most assuredly.
apres moi, le deluge