Author Topic: So a new guy started today, just set up his computer at his desk  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
DainBramaged  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 01:50 PM
Original message
So a new guy started today, just set up his computer at his desk

Sales guy to replace a guy who is out on disability for a few months (not a permanent position) He wanted ClusterFAUX as his home page (alarm bells, sirens, cannons going off in my head).

When I told him it's blocked here (pats self on back) because it isn't 'news' and management is wary of the influence on productivity, he went ****ing ballistic.

:rofl:

Wait till he finds out ALL of the Freepturd sites are blocked here.......

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6354227

Hmm and yet DU isnt blocked? If the tables were turned there would be a massive hissy fit at the dump.
Then again this whole tale is probably bull shit.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: So a new guy started today, just set up his computer at his desk
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »
formercia  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Aug-20-09 02:07 PM
Response to Original message
23. I can see this guy has his priorities.

Most people, except mistresses, cronies and such are hired to work, not watch Faux News.

It would be a shame if the boss found out this creep was a slacker.

Talk about the pot and kettle. The primitive is posting at DU during work hours and you call the "freeper" a slacker.
Would be a shame if the boss found out Drain Bamaged was posting at DU instead of working.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »
This zipperhead is obviously posting on DU from work, but none of the DUmmies seem to see the irony in that.

His boss needs to get emailed a link to this thread.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
Talk about the pot and kettle. The primitive is posting at DU during work hours and you call the "freeper" a slacker.
Would be a shame if the boss found out Drain Bamaged was posting at DU instead of working.

I love the answer he got to make MBLA his home page. 

You know I don't really that much about those sites, think I will drink a few beers and google them.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:43:08 PM »
I love the answer he got to make MBLA his home page. 

You know I don't really that much about those sites, think I will drink a few beers and google them.

I need some really good Rum after just 5 minutes on their site.

Gives me allot to think about as far as free speech is concerned, One can threaten to kill another but that is free speech and considered assult by the courts.

I can call a coworker the N-word in private but to do so with another present is a crime.

Back to subject, work computers have no need for anything but work related subjects.  Now if a tornado is spotted in the area or a hurricane moving up the coast, that will impact work and a weather station may become a necessity as a scrolling news items.

No one needs Pogo .Com as a home page at work.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
A very good example of the inner self reflection of a bouncy. I particularly like the way the DUchebag has censored the office for it's own good.  Scratch a DUmmy find a hitler youth.

I give it 3 bongs.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »
A very good example of the inner self reflection of a bouncy. I particularly like the way the DUchebag has censored the office for it's own good.  Scratch a DUmmy find a hitler youth.

I give it 3 bongs.

Heck you don't even have to scratch them its that obvious now.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »

I give it 3 bongs.

I give it four bongs = -- here is my  personal rating checklist ;

Quote from: Miskie's Bouncy Checklist
1 the tale starts with a conjunction
2 introduces a 'villain',
3 a 'hero',
4 and a 'victim',
5 includes an unexpected threat
6 contains a conversion of the 'villain' to 'hero', 'victim' or both.
7 contains verbatim quotes
8 includes commentary about the sorry state of affairs
9 includes at least some topical political discussion
10 contains at least one snarky comment that flies over the head of the 'villain'

I use this as a guideline and add or subtract points based on overall presentation. It is possible to get 10 points even if a few items on the checklist are missing if the story is compelling enough. To everyone reading - Feel free to use the checklist if you wish.

In this case -

So a new guy started today   -- the tale starts with a conjunction

Sales guy to replace a guy who is out on disability for a few months ..He wanted ClusterFAUX..   -- introduces a 'villain'

When I told him it's blocked here (pats self on back) -- 'hero'

(Fox is) blocked here.. because it isn't 'news' -- contains at least one snarky comment that flies over the head of the 'villain'

Four points. But just barely. The tale needs to be fleshed out more. He didn't get any verbatim quote points since it wasnt presented that way with any sort of 'exchange' between the hero and the villain. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »
This zipperhead is obviously posting on DU from work, but none of the DUmmies seem to see the irony in that.

His boss needs to get emailed a link to this thread.

I agree. This guy acts like he's a f'n Network Administrator or something. If he's working at a dealership, chances are those services are outsourced and he's nothing more than a help desk technician. Not that there's anything wrong with, it's always a starting point, but it's not like this guy is high on the damn chain or anything and as much time as he spends on DU, it's not like he's trying to obtain any more certifications to better his pay. I'd fire this sumbitch if he did some shit like that.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »
Miskie, love the list, that's funny as hell!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
Miskie, love the list, that's funny as hell!

Thanks -- I find that this list contains the most important items found within a quality bouncy tale. I felt the need to standardize measurement, as I felt I was not applying the same criteria to all of them.

Of course the most important quality is entertainment value.  :-) A technically complete, yet dismally boring tale is still worth minimal bong hits, if any at all.