Author Topic: Photographer Richard Mosse's pictures of Saddam Hussein's palaces  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator

Al-Faw Palace, Camp Victory, Baghdad, Iraq 2009

Saddam's heads, taken from the roof of the Republican Guard Palace, now located at Al-Salam Palace, FOB Prosperity, Baghdad, Iraq 2009

Baiji Oil Refinery, Iraq 2009

Obama broadcast into canteen, Birthday Palace, Tikrit, Iraq 2009

http://www.richardmosse.com/photography.php

These are some awesome pictures.:II:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Photographer Richard Mosse's pictures of Saddam Hussein's palaces
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:06 AM »
These are pics given to me by a former green beret who took them while in one of the palaces:

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Photographer Richard Mosse's pictures of Saddam Hussein's palaces
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
Unfortunately, I lost some of my pics in a computer crash, but virtually ALL of the palaces were this opulent.  Mosul had a FOB that was based on a palace complex, lots of marble and mosaics throughout.  Mosaics of Saddam standing next to old women in chadors, holding a grenade, or reclining, holding a young blonde boy.  Mosaics of Uday and Qusay as Sumerian kings/warriors.  Carvings of women or lions or horses.  The palace I lived in for a while had one purpose (I was told this third-hand, FWIW): full of rape rooms where Uday and Qusay would go, pick a woman from an overhead balcony, and have their way with them.  The woman would then be killed and tossed into the artificial lake out back.